Homeland Season 4

dubai_phil

Phwow.

Heavy.

Just watched the double header season opener. Deep, dark, probing the depths of insanity? South Africa making a passable attempt at looking like Kabul & Islamabad.

Sets off well in the post Brodie era..... except.

How the FARK did they miniaturize Brodie and turn him into a baby Girl?

Of and the Bathroom scene? One of the most disturbing moments of the whole series so far. Real hand to mouth stuff.

Got to say it comes out of the blocks as a fizz bang and then turns into a slow burner.

Doesn't seem to have lost anything and Claire Daines's edge of insanity acting seems to be spreading.

Excellent start to the new season. A welcome return and on a usually dull Monday night as well.

Of and the Bathroom scene? One of the most disturbing moments of the whole series so far. Real hand to mouth stuff.

Omg that one scene was soooo gripping! You could sense what was coming and I was like oh my god no! Or at least if ur gonna do it for the love of God please don't make us watch! I had to cover my eyes when it started to happen I was both horrified & terrified one of the most horrific + drama moments I've ever seen on tv, when Quinn f*cked that fat chick.

Omg that one scene was soooo gripping! You could sense what was coming and I was like oh my god no! Or at least if ur gonna do it for the love of God please don't make us watch! I had to cover my eyes when it started to happen I was both horrified & terrified one of the most horrific + drama moments I've ever seen on tv, when Quinn f*cked that fat chick.

And then facepalms the sensible geezer into his Pancakes.

Totally horrific.

Have to say if I ever see a Red Bra again I'll just run out the room screaming.

Edit: spoilers post yo!

i can't think of a show where the main character is less sympathetic. I f*cking hate that carrie! We're only two episodes in and she's already bombed a wedding (to which she don't give a f*ck, other than how she's gonna shift the blame), got a colleague killed, blackmailed her boss and drowned a baby.

Edited by Bearsy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This series has been patchy but seemed to be improving until last night. Thought it was very weak and they are clearly now just trying to milk anything to keep the series going. When are they going to learn that it is better to go out at the top? Incidentally there is an excellent parody of Homeland on YouTube - go check it out. Anne Hathaway does a great Carrie.