Purchasing tickets for QPR

SaintsFanNYC

I'm an American who is coming across the pond to see his first two Saints games in person next month. I already have tickets to St. Mary's for the home date against West Ham, but am still looking to get tickets for QPR.

Given that I need six of them (I know), I've basically given up any hope of actually being in the away section, but I know QPR tickets go on general sale at 10 am GMT tomorrow (or today depending on where you're reading this). I've been told by multiple people if I'm not in the away stands to leave my Saints kit at home.

Is there anything else I should know before purchasing? Also, if I'm in the building, is it easy to roam around and get into the away section or is it heavily restricted? In the U.S. ushers are usually pretty lax and you can move around a stadium easily. Not sure if that will be the case as I've never been to a Premier League match in person, but worth asking, right?

Also, any good Saints supporters pubs in London near Loftus Road? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend wearing a Saints shirt in the home end, if you do, make sure it's covered by a Jumper/Jacket/Cardigan or something so it can't be seen, you'll probably be alright at QPR because it's quite a family orientated club, but you never know, so I wouldn't take the risk of provoking the home fans' ire.

Also worth mentioning not to celebrate if Saints score, you might be alright, but again, I wouldn't risk the possible abuse from the home fans if I was you, you'll all have to just cheer on the inside.

It'll be impossible to get into the away section from the home end. Fans are segregated in the UK and usually there'll be a barrier of stewards/police inbetween the away section and home stands. You'll get your assigned seat number and you and your friends/family will have to stay in these seats in the home end, if you try to move you'll be told to sit down or ushered back to your seat, if you try to get into the away end you'll most likely get arrested as the Police/Stewards will take it as a provocation.

No idea about pubs but there's a great American restaurant in SoHo called Bodean's that I regularly go to when travelling upto Loftus Road (Tube to Leicester Square/Piccadilly Circus then walk to the restaurant)

Edited by BlakeySFC

Most clubs' stadiums have separate entrances for home and away fans, and the away fans are sectioned off into a corner or a certain stand.

At Loftus Road away fans are put at the top of a two-tiered stand, and the only way to get up there would be by going across the pitch and climbing up, or by trying to sneak into the away turnstiles (which are marshalled by loads of stewards etc. and you have to physically walk around half the stadium to get to it) so yeah, it's probably technically possible but it's not worth the hassle.

Seeing as QPR have a small stadium holding only 18,000 people it'll probably be a sell out, but as long as you get in as soon as tickets go on general sale you should be ok I'd imagine.

I'd be careful because although qpr are a smallish club , they do have a few twts following them . They're not as friendly as Fulham , and my cousin who is a st holder there reckons things aren't too good at present . things are getting a bit tense amongst the support, and they might not take another defeat too well.

Woke up at 4:55 am New York time and managed to get enough tickets for me and my friends in section Z1. Don't know much about Loftus Road, but I know it's right near the away stands.

It technically doesn't count as the away stands, though, right? I'll be surrounded by QPR fans in those seats, correct?

Either way, can't wait to be there.

Woke up at 4:55 am New York time and managed to get enough tickets for me and my friends in section Z1. Don't know much about Loftus Road, but I know it's right near the away stands.

It technically doesn't count as the away stands, though, right? I'll be surrounded by QPR fans in those seats, correct?

Either way, can't wait to be there.

You're below the Saints fans. When we've been before we've had both the upper and lower tiers but this season QPR are only allocating the top section to away fans. It's a tiny ground and they may well be other Saints fans snapping up tickets in that area but in many stadiums away fans making themselves known in home sections are often thrown out.

I figure I won't be the only Saints fan sitting around in the sections beneath the away fans, but I guess I'll have to be delicate? It's crazy that stadiums will actually throw fans out for rooting for the other team. For an American where there's no such division in the stands this is pretty mind-boggling.