U21's FA Cup FINAL

Saint Garrett

Exactly ... The Man City vs Chelsea youth game was mentioned on Radio 5 last night & goals were shown on BBC Breakfast this morning!! AND no mention on Radio Solent sport at 7.20 this morning .... it took a text from someone for them to cobble together a report at 7.50!

Yep, I had BBC Breakfast on early this morning expecting to at least hear it mentioned, particularly, as you say, they covered the Man City-Chelsea Youth first leg tie. I know Sky had our game but ITV4 had the mancs.

Just before the BBC South local news had a report about the skates extending their shirt sponsorship but nothing on the U21's cup final success. Is Cortese back?

Very odd comment. The back four were all very solid.

McCarthy and Wood won everything thrown at them. Their distribution was the only questionable aspect.

Mugabi was reserved in the first half but excellent in the second half.

Targett was very good.

So, basically, you're just wrong I'm afraid.

Sorry I'm with Benjii on this.... you are wrong

Wood and McCarthy were excellent yesterday. A very accomplished performance from both of them.

When you think that the first choice CH (Stephens & Turnball) are at Swindon this is one area we definitely don't need to make any purchases.

Not convinced by Mugabi yet, he looked good in the 2nd half but it would be interesting to see him up against a more competent attack.

Not convinced by Mugabi yet, he looked good in the 2nd half but it would be interesting to see him up against a more competent attack.

He has only recently been used at right back, normally a centre back until an injury left Saints short at right back.

Edited by Matthew Le God

adding weight to the paul scholes comparison.

A discussion which I had both last night at the match and in work during the day, weirdly.

I love his enthusiasm and the snappiness of his closing down, he just needs to ease off the times where he actually levels the opponent. There were 4 of them on Monday and that's at least 3 too many nowadays.