Out sung again

bungle

Perhaps we just don't have enough songs to sing. Nothing other than OWTS since the Potchetino song. Manure have adapted popular catchy hit tunes with their own words. And don't they have a core choir that rehearses songs? So who's going to contact Garry Malone?

United away fan here.

I had actually signed up to see if there was any truth in the rumor that your lot were going to applaud luke shaw on minute 23 which gladly no one did. On my travels waiting to be approved I read some threads including this one and just had to comment.

I was stood behind the goal few rows from the black thing dividing us and saints fans. Actually thought the area to my right did very well with the back and forth banter, parkinson hand waving etc and no planes in sight which was good. General noise was loud and sustained in first half.

I think what took the wind out of your sails was when you sang what a waste of money only to have young martial bang his second in. I cant explain the joy I had singing that back to you lot and seeing the angry faces to my right. Of all the things to sing especially after those scouse ****s singing the same thing to him and he did it to them!

I do think you haven't got many songs, the saints go marching in faded into nothing a few times and you can hear that even if you watch the match back on the TV. When your first goal went in we were still singing perhaps not the entire end which is why sometimes it doesn't carry but I think all clubs have that core who sing no matter what it just needs the others to join in to make it carry. Again if you watch back on TV you can hear us still singing.

Overall though I think you just need more songs and to keep up how you start games. Will you be as loud for the likes of west brom? I dont think anyone is :lol:

Also just to add there wasn't as many regulars on Sunday as we had PSV away and the Saints away so for some people money was all gone at PSV an they sold their saints aways. Loads of spares were doing the rounds which is unheard of for a united away game so more tourists than usual but we all have them. Might explain a little at least why it wasn't as good as previous seasons.

United away fan here.

I had actually signed up to see if there was any truth in the rumor that your lot were going to applaud luke shaw on minute 23 which gladly no one did. On my travels waiting to be approved I read some threads including this one and just had to comment.

I was stood behind the goal few rows from the black thing dividing us and saints fans. Actually thought the area to my right did very well with the back and forth banter, parkinson hand waving etc and no planes in sight which was good. General noise was loud and sustained in first half.

I think what took the wind out of your sails was when you sang what a waste of money only to have young martial bang his second in. I cant explain the joy I had singing that back to you lot and seeing the angry faces to my right. Of all the things to sing especially after those scouse ****s singing the same thing to him and he did it to them!

I do think you haven't got many songs, the saints go marching in faded into nothing a few times and you can hear that even if you watch the match back on the TV. When your first goal went in we were still singing perhaps not the entire end which is why sometimes it doesn't carry but I think all clubs have that core who sing no matter what it just needs the others to join in to make it carry. Again if you watch back on TV you can hear us still singing.

Overall though I think you just need more songs and to keep up how you start games. Will you be as loud for the likes of west brom? I dont think anyone is :lol:

I think the best one I heard was "You're just a small town in Portsmouth" retorted with "You only live round the corner"

I think the best one I heard was "You're just a small town in Portsmouth" retorted with "You only live round the corner"

Small time isn't it?

I had a facepalm for that midway through the second half. Swansea did the same last year had elements of united chanting "your just a small town in Cardiff" much to their joy!

The "live round the corner" is another every away ground standard cringe chant as is "who are ya" which i've heard elements in our lot do as well.

We are getting more facebook, flag waving, pint throwing, do what we want types who think their frodo in green street hooligans. Our aways get touted so much it's something that we are stuck with. Not sure if saints have that issue with touts and dilution of the core supporters?

We don't have any touting problems at all with away fans. Any Saints fan who really wants a ticket can easily get one - they never sell out that quick even though since League 1 we have been travelling away in bigger numbers than we ever have.

Occasionally we have a slight problem where the club only takes the small allocation (ie Chelsea) when we would probably have sold out the larger one and tickets become harder to get but that's quite rare.

Our tourists are generally limited to home games. In the last couple of seasons most of these have been Dutch fans coming to see ex players and Koeman. We do get the odd chump with a selfie stick outside the ground but nowhere near the extent of the bigger clubs.

The "live round the corner" is another every away ground standard cringe chant

When there's a minibus with "Bridgewater travel" on the side sat right outside the ground do you seriously expect anything different?

Sent from my D2403 using Tapatalk

United away fan here.

Fair review bud, sadly when we flog almost and entire first team in 12months there aren't many songs left to sing. :blush: