...a team which deserves to be in the Premier League ?

david in sweden

..as it does with us all......:frown:

Not "all", I fully believe Strachan felt we could keep it tight, outlast them and beat them in extra time. We sure as hell weren't going to outscore them in a free-flowing open game, but we were fitter than anyone. It was always going to be much more difficult for us to stop Henry and Pires and the like than for them to stop Ormerod and Beattie and we had to try and reduce the game to something where we could win. The 6-1 a couple of weeks before showed what happened when we DIDN'T concentrate on just neutralising them.

Not "all", I fully believe Strachan felt we could keep it tight, outlast them and beat them in extra time. We sure as hell weren't going to outscore them in a free-flowing open game, but we were fitter than anyone. It was always going to be much more difficult for us to stop Henry and Pires and the like than for them to stop Ormerod and Beattie and we had to try and reduce the game to something where we could win.

The 6-1 a couple of weeks before showed what happened when we DIDN'T concentrate on just neutralising them.

oops :blush:......I bow to your superior knowledge.......

Not "all", I fully believe Strachan felt we could keep it tight, outlast them and beat them in extra time. We sure as hell weren't going to outscore them in a free-flowing open game, but we were fitter than anyone. It was always going to be much more difficult for us to stop Henry and Pires and the like than for them to stop Ormerod and Beattie and we had to try and reduce the game to something where we could win. The 6-1 a couple of weeks before showed what happened when we DIDN'T concentrate on just neutralising them.

That's spot on, I think people are looking back with rose/beer tinted glasses. If Henry hadn't been a good sport then he could've got Claus sent off and we'd have been mauled.

Fact is at the time Arsenal were considerably better than us and though we all think we had the chance at the end if we'd gone for them or it was really close we'd have been beaten by a better side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great thread, dream PL for me based on nothing more than 50 yrs of mainly hurt:

Man U

Arsenal

Spurs

Chelsea

L'pool

Everton

Villa (why?)

Leeds

Wolves

Forest

West Ham (reluctantly, would rather have Palace)

Man City

Newcastle

Ipswich (Bobby Robson, European nights, Portman Rd, CMFG)

Derby

Saints

WBA

That's 17 proper football clubs, the rest can argue it out amongst themselves for the other 3 places,

Cardiff/Swansea

Stoke

Brighton

Midds

Sunderland

Watford

QPR

Burnley

Blackburn

Fulham

Cov

Leicester

Great thread, dream PL for me based on nothing more than 50 yrs of mainly hurt:

Man U

Arsenal

Spurs

Chelsea

L'pool

Everton

Villa (why?)

Leeds

Wolves

Forest

West Ham (reluctantly, would rather have Palace)

Man City

Newcastle

Ipswich (Bobby Robson, European nights, Portman Rd, CMFG)

Derby

Saints

WBA

That's 17 proper football clubs, the rest can argue it out amongst themselves for the other 3 places,

Cardiff/Swansea

Stoke

Brighton

Midds

Sunderland

Watford

QPR

Burnley

Blackburn

Fulham

Cov

Leicester

for Auld Lang Syne......Sunderland, Fulham and Burnley.......(in no particular order, but most likely .......just above the bottom three)

• 2 weeks later...