• Romeu
    • Clasie
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Long
    • Pellè
    • Soares
    • Austin
    • Yoshida

I watched Saints Player stream not sure who it was Prutton? Was doing his nut at inconsistency.

Romeu booking a joke. Clasie was a booking but so was 2 of theirs Cork included

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhhh that would make sense if it was Prutton... at one point he said "Southampton player banned for a long time? Sounds familiar" or something along those lines - I thought it must be an ex-Pompey player pouring scorn on us, but clearly it was self-deprecating!

Agree 100%.

Have I missed something, why is Charlie not starting considering he was our answer to a lack of goals?.

Don't think he is fit enough to start. Our strikers have to chase down a lot, Long obviously has stamina to, Austin looked pretty tired to me at the end of the game, after only 10 minutes.

Don't think he is fit enough to start. Our strikers have to chase down a lot, Long obviously has stamina to, Austin looked pretty tired to me at the end of the game, after only 10 minutes.

Except Ronald said when Austin turned up that he was surprised how fit he was compared to the rest of the squad. Even if Austin isn't that fit I would rather start him and get an early goal and then sub him latter than start with an out of form Pelle.

Except Ronald said when Austin turned up that he was surprised how fit he was compared to the rest of the squad. Even if Austin isn't that fit I would rather start him and get an early goal and then sub him latter than start with an out of form Pelle.

Or surprised how fit he was because having been out injured for 2 months. I would rather start Long and Mane, and have Austin to come on. Or at least have Mane come on if Long and Austin start

The Happy Clappys are gloating but whilst we were largely in control we were playing a pretty poor Swansea side and without Long we probably wouldn't have scored.

Pelle is obviously damaging our fluidity and he keeps the pressure on our defence by being marked all the time and not showing for a penetrative pass. He often loses possession when the ball does come to him because he with miss controls or fancy 'flicks' it to a opposing defender.

We will make it easy for Chelsea if he plays.

So yes it's a good run but our overall play is not all that going forward.

RK also seems to randomly change the team around which is also not doing us any favours. We have some decent players don't forget and our defenders are errrrr not being changed in terms of personnel which kind of proves a point about a settled team being preferable.... Also look at Leicester for an example of This...

Being negative after a win? You should know that's not allowed on here. But IMO its exactly the right time to question and focus on what is not `quite' right, as you can have a clear head and not be accused of being a bed wetting or whatever.

In terms of selection, it does seem a little random, although if you win then RK must have got it right, right? Well he dropped Soares on Saturday and we offered nothing down the right side. He brought him on and we looked a far better balanced side. Perhaps RK intended to keep it solid initially and then open up in the second half, and if he did he was spot on, but maybe he just got it wrong and then corrected his error. His team selections were questionable when we lost games. They can be when we win too, but you must have all the information. Knocks, illness, tiredness, counteracting opponents...etc.

With regards to the Pelle selection I am not sure I can complain too much. Austin doesn't look fully fit and Mane has given the ball away so much in the last few weeks, so as needing to be dropped. However, with a high press, high work rate attack seeing us well recently (Mane and Long really do both put a shift in) it feels a step back to go with a big man that needs ball to feet and doesn't hurry any defenders when they have the ball.

Attacking wise we aren't firing on all cylinders, but five at the back is always going to limit you. The Swansea game is always a stalemate. Both sides pass it square all day and then wonder why there are not a hat full of chances and goals. But we have created some decent chances in games rather lots of half chances.

Edited by Chez

Being negative after a win? You should know that's not allowed on here. But IMO its exactly the right time to question and focus on what is not `quite' right, as you can have a clear head and not be accused of being a bed wetting or whatever.

In terms of selection, it does seem a little random, although if you win then RK must have got it right, right? Well he dropped Soares on Saturday and we offered nothing down the right side. He brought him on and we looked a far better balanced side. Perhaps RK intended to keep it solid initially and then open up in the second half, and if he did he was spot on, but maybe he just got it wrong and then corrected his error. His team selections were questionable when we lost games. They can be when we win too, but you must have all the information. Knocks, illness, tiredness, counteracting opponents...etc.

With regards to the Pelle selection I am not sure I can complain too much. Austin doesn't look fully fit and Mane has given the ball away so much in the last few weeks, so as needing to be dropped. However, with a high press, high work rate attack seeing us well recently (Mane and Long really do both put a shift in) it feels a step back to go with a big man that needs ball to feet and doesn't hurry any defenders when they have the ball.

Attacking wise we aren't firing on all cylinders, but five at the back is always going to limit you. The Swansea game is always a stalemate. Both sides pass it square all day and then wonder why there are not a hat full of chances and goals. But we have created some decent chances in games rather lots of half chances.

Good points, as always Chez