Fonte to see out career with Saints

Marsdinho

So, Fonte's "God" cant help kids with bone marrow cancer, or any of those poor souls that perished trying to cross the med, or those kids left behind in war torn Syria...but he'll make sure Jose moves to Utd, gets a nice pay rise and signing on fee....

I think it is easier for Jose to pass through the eye of a needle than get a camel to take him to ManU. Or something like that.

Fonte seriously worries me now the shirt pulling thing can be spotted by refs from about 3 miles away !

Yet how the refs don't spot the shirt pulling from van Dijk must be something to do with God.

The hate campaign against Fonte on her from some of our so-called fans is pathetic. He was superb today.

Yet how the refs don't spot the shirt pulling from van Dijk must be something to do with God.

The hate campaign against Fonte on her from some of our so-called fans is pathetic. He was superb today.

He was superb, his best game of the season by far. I can't speak for others regarding your "hate campaign" but from my point of view Jose has been fantastic for this club, no question, BUT like it or not he likes a shirt pull, always has done, and in this current climate that's a worry.

Fonte is a great servant to the club and has been a good captain, however his ankles apparently need great care and attention by the backroom staff and he is getting close to his sell-by date. Not only that, but if we have any chance of keeping VVD then it will by giving him the Captaincy and that means retiring Fonte. My understanding is that the club are searching hard for a top CB - whether that is to replace Fonte or to protect for VVD's departure remains to be seen. For our continued success I hope it's the former.