Bomb alert in Portsmouth

Yorkshire Saint

If it goes off it'll cause £500,000 worth of improvements.

I'll get my coat.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Was going to say this. I never know what way to go. Either that joke or you can also say something like £2.50's worth of damage. I actually prefer the latter. In conclusion Portsmouth is a sh1thole.

"If it goes off it'll cause £500,000 worth of improvements"

Top Marks Andy, the headline alone was sufficient teasing to make one wonder how grossly obscene most of the comments would be. Glad to see some decent humour on show for once.

I'll get my coat.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

To be honest, both cities had the s**t knocked out of them, and neither have done much with the opportunities.

In other Portsmouth Dockyard news there are problems with the infrastructure: the electrical lines to the new aircraft carriers are not up to scratch. (They could do better in Soton for the cruiseliners, n'all).

The close circuit security system will have to be replaced as the Chinese manufactured cameras, from a state-sponsored company, have back doors...

To be honest, both cities had the s**t knocked out of them, and neither have done much with the opportunities.

In other Portsmouth Dockyard news there are problems with the infrastructure: the electrical lines to the new aircraft carriers are not up to scratch. (They could do better in Soton for the cruiseliners, n'all).

The close circuit security system will have to be replaced as the Chinese manufactured cameras, from a state-sponsored company, have back doors...

That's so that the Chinese operator can get inside the camera and wind the film on

Sue

I understand that if the electricity supply is not upgraded in Pompey Dockyard the power requirements for the new Aircraft Carriers whilst in port would have a profound effect on available power to the rest of Portsea Island. God forbid it may also affect the quality of the Championship standard floodlights at Fratton Park

It reminds me of the time (in the 1970's or 80's) when the Spanish Govt had one of its regular spats with Gibraltar and the water supply was affected.

At least one very large vessel was in the Ocean Dock being filled with water 24 hrs a day from numerous dockside hydrants. The water pressure in the rest of Southampton was adversely affected during this time

God forbid it may also affect the quality of the Championship standard floodlights at Fratton Park

Gawd, I hadn't thought of that!

Thanks for the detail, I'd only seen a general article about MoD infrastructure.

The CCTV information came from someone in the general security industry ( not actually working there).

I bet there are a few lurkers in places under Southampton

This is the one you don't want to go off:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2195590/3-000-ton-timebomb-shipwrecked-Thames-estuary.html

1) why does anyone believe anything written in the Daily Mail?

2) lazy journalism - clearly this wiki page was consulted before writing

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Largest_artificial_non-nuclear_explosions

(See Fall of Antwerp, it's virtually word for word)

Typical scaremongering piece with little of no regard to reality.

There'll just use the HV generators on the jetty until the upgrades are complete just as they do for the 45's.

More of these bombs will probably be found as well. Dredging brings up all sorts of surprises.

1) why does anyone believe anything written in the Daily Mail?

2) lazy journalism - clearly this wiki page was consulted before writing

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Largest_artificial_non-nuclear_explosions

(See Fall of Antwerp, it's virtually word for word)

Typical scaremongering piece with little of no regard to reality.

Err The Daily Mail link was the easiest to link here for a general overview in relation to the op........... That boat is actually sat there, there are tons of munitions aboard all rotting away in the salt water. The catch 22 has always been is if they start moving them will that trigger a reaction, a controlled explosion isn't controllable, i first heard about this 30 years ago.