Hattrick

TopGun

Last night was a crazy one for sports, with all the key fixtures ending in draws. England's cricketers so nearly pulled a win out the bag in the most dramatic of styles, Saints could have come away with three points but had to make do with one, and the sinistry of mound fc and the stain's second string had it out in a bruising six-goal thriller which finally ended with honours even. Considering my boys were seemingly dead and buried at half time, the result is a welcome morale booster just before two MASSIVE games which will determine who gets promoted in our league.

I've got back-to-back games against my main promotion rivals who hilariously drew 0-0 on Sunday, giving me a two point (and big goal difference) lead on them. I don't want to count my metaphorical chickens but I reckon if I win one of them I should squeak through, a win and a draw would make me favourites to hold on the second spot, whilst two defeats would leave me trailing in their wake. Two wins and I'll be spending the rest of the season in a post-Ashes Freddie Flintoff state.

These are exciting times for the mound :smt041

Definitely give it a go Greedyfly.

My team is FC Crouchzinho, currently first in Division IV.37 in Oceania. I've been playing since December 2005 and I've progressed from Division VI to IV. Hopefully I can get promoted this season although my defensively trained team will get thrashed in III.

It's a hard game to work out at the beginning but once you get a training program in place and start making money from selling your trainees it becomes a lot more rewarding.

It's a hard game to work out at the beginning but once you get a training program in place and start making money from selling your trainees it becomes a lot more rewarding.

I've tried selling my young 'uns but no one will touch them with a barge-pole, but to be fare, they are rubbish. Do you have any pointers in regards to training them up?

I've tried selling my young 'uns but no one will touch them with a barge-pole, but to be fare, they are rubbish. Do you have any pointers in regards to training them up?

I spend the maximum amount on my youth team but still only get about three decent players a season promoted but I think I have it sussed now. Rotation of players is key. I had a reasonable goalie but I improved his defence by playing him there too and he came into my squad with a TSI of 2,000.

Last night was a crazy one for sports, with all the key fixtures ending in draws. England's cricketers so nearly pulled a win out the bag in the most dramatic of styles, Saints could have come away with three points but had to make do with one, and the sinistry of mound fc and the stain's second string had it out in a bruising six-goal thriller which finally ended with honours even. Considering my boys were seemingly dead and buried at half time, the result is a welcome morale booster just before two MASSIVE games which will determine who gets promoted in our league.

I've got back-to-back games against my main promotion rivals who hilariously drew 0-0 on Sunday, giving me a two point (and big goal difference) lead on them. I don't want to count my metaphorical chickens but I reckon if I win one of them I should squeak through, a win and a draw would make me favourites to hold on the second spot, whilst two defeats would leave me trailing in their wake. Two wins and I'll be spending the rest of the season in a post-Ashes Freddie Flintoff state.

These are exciting times for the mound :smt041

You also managed to break two of my better players ;)

If I'd been in charge of this team from the start of the season, we would be walking VII.552. All good experience though, and I'm starting to get the hang of the transfer market...

If anyone wants a friendly.... Wight Diamonds!

I'll give you another game but as you're two leagues above me its going to be a bit one-sided, even if you field weakest possible side, especially as I'm going to take your advice and start swapping players around, trying them in new positions and getting my kids out.

In what was undoutedly my most exciting and nail-biting game of hattrick yet, I won the first of my back-to-back six pointers against my promotion rivals, 3-5 (the away leg). We kept taking the lead and they kept equalising until the last ten minutes of the game when we opened our legs and showed our class. This gives me a five point cushion, if I win the next game against them on Sunday then the gap between me and third place will be 8 points and I'll probably be able to seal promotion with three more wins, all of which can come against bot-teams.

My side aren't remotely ready for promotion and have a lot of improving to do, but hey, you can only beat whats infront of you.:smt021

i always play my weakest team in friendlies to give them match experience

I'm starting to do that too, i was planning on it anyway. I've got a friendly tonight in Russia (costing me four grand in flights!) so now i'm tempted to put a couple of my 'stars' in so its not too embarrassing (flying the flag and all that).

I'm starting to do that too, i was planning on it anyway. I've got a friendly tonight in Russia (costing me four grand in flights!) so now i'm tempted to put a couple of my 'stars' in so its not too embarrassing (flying the flag and all that).

ahhh i see, FOR ENGLAND JAMES!

Well, at least I've learnt a few things about my second string... ;)

It wasn't that bad, not as bad as my reserve side for example. I played a league 5 side last night who enjoyed 84% of possession in the first half and then 86% in the second, the fact it only ended 5-0 was down to them missing a hatful of chances. My side didn't generate a single opening. I've got some players who are really terrible and pushing 30 so I'm thinking about taking them out for a drive and leaving them there. I've tried selling them but clearly no one is stupid enough to even waste £667 on them.

My first team have pretty much guaranteed promotion up to league 6 after winning both of our six pointers! :smt035=D>:smt045:smt023:minigun::smt033 Three games ago there was only goal difference seperating me and third place, now we're eight points clear and they are broken and sorry looking men.:D

It dawned on me that the players who I've bought in this season are all pushing 30, they've done the job but are all short term solutions. So I'm buying young now and have already got a couple really promising defenders. I started one of them in the league match on Sunday and after very nearly getting sent off for a rugby tackle, he settled right in and was loving it by the time I pulled him off (ffnar).

Yeah, 3-0 wasn't too bad. Really it was a good chance to give a run out to the keeper I just hoiked out of the youth team. Otherwise it just confirmed that I've got 4 or 5 squad players that really won't cut it.

I joined the league about four matches in, matches which my electronic predecessor (e-decessor?) managed to lose by about 20 goals to nil. Since then I've won every game and am comfortably third, but there's an unassailable margin to be overhauled to the promotion places.

So I've been stretching the budget for quality youngsters in key positions, hopefully next season will be a goal bespangled carnival of victory.

I joined the league about four matches in, matches which my electronic predecessor (e-decessor?) managed to lose by about 20 goals to nil. Since then I've won every game and am comfortably third, but there's an unassailable margin to be overhauled to the promotion places.

Thats a shame, but think of how strong you'll be next season RAAARRR!!!!

Just started this game, had not heard of it before.... Come on you netley centrals !!!!!!

Seems quite difficult though, is it worth starting a youth academy straight away or wait a few leagues ?? (if i get there)

the sinistry of mound fc will give you a friendly in the coming weeks, if you'd like :).

i've also wondered about starting a youth team, would be interested to hear other's thoughts on the matter.

the sinistry of mound fc will give you a friendly in the coming weeks, if you'd like :).

i've also wondered about starting a youth team, would be interested to hear other's thoughts on the matter.

I spend full whack on youth but so far it has only paid limited dividends. One good goalie and a couple of decent defenders. Definitely down on my investment. But have a player who looks like he will be good allround when I promote him but leaving it until as late as possible.

A good 6-0 victory today but I am third with all three top teams on 24 points. I play the top team at home next week and I think I need to buy in. The dilemma is buying one readymade rather than three possibles for the future... I have about £900K in the bank. I am in Div VI but a tough one. I won it last season but didn't get promoted. My squad is quite a bit worse than the other two teams by total TSI but better balanced. I generally play 3-5-2.

My goalie is fine.

My defence is alright but could be better on TSI. Only let in 5 in 8 games though. But the other two teams are similar letting in 4 and 6 so far.

My midfield has a central guy who has TSI 10000 but one of his sidekicks of 5000 got red carded today. Could have done without that. But I have a young fill in of 3000 (although I had the choice of flogging him or another similar guy a few weeks back. You guessed it, the one I sold is now on 4500 and when I sold him he was 2800. Although I bought them both for less than £2,000 last February).

My wingers are both about 4000 and happy with them atm.

My forwards are light. I haven't really played my top scorer from last season as he is only 2000 and passable but his set pieces are solid. Not sure what to do. He scored 18 last season and that was better than any other player in my division by 5 goals. My other ones are 5500 and 3800 (but he seems to be getting worse and he is approaching 30).

Next week's opposition team has some high TSIs. Top guy is 22000 and 3 or 4 others of 10000+ but then there is little else.

Any thoughts?

PS. Check out So Unreal for a friendly

Edited by TopGun

Another thumping win for Amon Duul III this weekend, but my star winger got red carded.

Turns out my calculations weren't correct. It's still mathematically possible for me to be promoted, but it's going to take some freakishly poor results from the team in second, while I attempt to stifle the cries of the upstart n00b below me.

I fully intend to take charge of my youth team next season, if only because I don't feel I'm wasting enough time on the game...

The sinistry of mound enjoyed a 4-0 win against a bot-team, edging us closer to promotion. One of my new young 'uns came on as a sub and got his first league goal, which was a nice moment.

I've decided to make the switch from 4-4-2 to 3-5-2. I got utterly overwhelmed in midfield in a friendly last week (my opposition enjoyed almost 90% of possession in each half) so this will hopefully make us a bit more competitive against the big boys. My next two games, a friendly against a league 6 side and then a top-o-table clash against the champions elect from my league, should hopefully give me an idea of what league 6 will hold in store if I get there.

Have any of you had to sack many players? I've got four really gash players pushing 30 with TSI somewhere between 50 and 100, who average one star per game. I've transfer listed them several times at the minimum price but no one will touch them. I don't want them in my reserves, I don't even want to see their stupid silhouettes anymore.

The sinistry of mound enjoyed a 4-0 win against a bot-team, edging us closer to promotion. One of my new young 'uns came on as a sub and got his first league goal, which was a nice moment.

I've decided to make the switch from 4-4-2 to 3-5-2. I got utterly overwhelmed in midfield in a friendly last week (my opposition enjoyed almost 90% of possession in each half) so this will hopefully make us a bit more competitive against the big boys. My next two games, a friendly against a league 6 side and then a top-o-table clash against the champions elect from my league, should hopefully give me an idea of what league 6 will hold in store if I get there.

Have any of you had to sack many players? I've got four really gash players pushing 30 with TSI somewhere between 50 and 100, who average one star per game. I've transfer listed them several times at the minimum price but no one will touch them. I don't want them in my reserves, I don't even want to see their stupid silhouettes anymore.

Sack 'em off! It'll take you four days though.

this is a useful site if you havent ever looked at it

http://alltid.org/league/6405/index/

just change the league to your league

thats outstanding!

i was frustrated by the fact i couldn't get a table of my goal scorers.

and now i can see how much their tsi changed after each game/position they played in.

i'm in some sad geeky heaven now :smt083

Hmm, 2-0 win this weekend against 2nd with a friendly coming up and then 1st in the league this weekend.

Could still get promoted i think, team is not great but two decent strikers, my decent CB though got pointlessly red carded and the quality midfielder i just brought has upset the team (w*nker)

Hmm, 2-0 win this weekend against 2nd with a friendly coming up and then 1st in the league this weekend.

Could still get promoted i think, team is not great but two decent strikers, my decent CB though got pointlessly red carded and the quality midfielder i just brought has upset the team (w*nker)

I challenge you to a game, sir!

I switched from 4-4-2 to 3-5-2 last night and got beaten 8-1 :D These things take time, I guess.

My changing room has been murderous since I signed a player a while ago, I don't think there is too much you can do about it.

I switched from 4-4-2 to 3-5-2 last night and got beaten 8-1 :D These things take time, I guess.

My changing room has been murderous since I signed a player a while ago, I don't think there is too much you can do about it.

Play it cool against any bots or crap sides and your dressing room will improve.

Ha! Same thing happened to me. Switched to a fancy continental 4-3-3 for yesterday's friendly, shipped 7 (SEVEN) goals and lost my sub keeper for 4 (FOUR) weeks. I won't be trying that in the league for a while yet...

Wehehell i am never one to back down in the face of adversity, mind if we wait until i finish my major game thats coming up this saturday ?? Don't know what will happen if i challenge you know. Just want to be fresh ??

If you do mind however, then i will still bring it on, just with no remorse :D

GET IN THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Beat top of the league 3-2

fair play! looks like you're going up.

i had a good result too, playing away to the top of the table team who have thrashed everyone so far. I stuck with my new formation (counter-attacking 3-5-2) despite getting cained in mid-week. Somehow i was 3-0 up within ten minutes! they fought back and it ended 3-3, but still, i didn't imagine for a minute i'd do anything other than lose. I've got a nice run-in now, playing an average human team and then three bot-teams, and all i need is 6 points to get promoted. And now my 3-5-2 formation is rated as excellent!

let me know if you want a friendly on tuesday, if not then no worries. its key that i get four more friendlies in this season as i've got to give the dregs of my squad some regular second-team football. in 'The Wire'-speak, they've got to step up or step aside, or bring something to the party in Aussie cricket-speak. Basically prove their worth before the saving private ryan style assult on to the beach-head of league 6. But they're only gonna do that if i actually play them and probably get spanked a few times in the process.

so you'll probably win.

fair play! looks like you're going up.

i had a good result too, playing away to the top of the table team who have thrashed everyone so far. I stuck with my new formation (counter-attacking 3-5-2) despite getting cained in mid-week. Somehow i was 3-0 up within ten minutes! they fought back and it ended 3-3, but still, i didn't imagine for a minute i'd do anything other than lose. I've got a nice run-in now, playing an average human team and then three bot-teams, and all i need is 6 points to get promoted. And now my 3-5-2 formation is rated as excellent!

let me know if you want a friendly on tuesday, if not then no worries. its key that i get four more friendlies in this season as i've got to give the dregs of my squad some regular second-team football. in 'The Wire'-speak, they've got to step up or step aside, or bring something to the party in Aussie cricket-speak. Basically prove their worth before the saving private ryan style assult on to the beach-head of league 6. But they're only gonna do that if i actually play them and probably get spanked a few times in the process.

so you'll probably win.

Sent a challenge, bring it to the proverbial on.

Hopefully promoted, bought a couple of decent players but NEED a keeper desperately.

Only bot teams left really so hope to keep it up.

Sent a challenge, bring it to the proverbial on.

Hopefully promoted, bought a couple of decent players but NEED a keeper desperately.

Only bot teams left really so hope to keep it up.

I'm following Top Gun's advice and i'll be playing it cool for the rest of the season, by the end of it the dressing room should be a much happier place.

I went onto my challanges section and I could only see the challange I made to you. I'll cancel that and hopefully your challange to me should emerge, if not, i'll leave a message on here.

W00T!! Another terrific display from Amon Duul III, marred only by a horror challenge on my jinking-dinking winger that puts him out for a month.

Some JCL has signed up in my division and been gifted the undefeated bot team at the top of the table. Stupid bum heads.

Can't quite work out why, in the face of a 6 game winning streak and a heart thumping late surge for promotion, the sponsors are still so angry with me.

Consider yourself challenged.

(leather glove to the face and all that)

Yeah!

Prepare to face the might of my 17 year old youth team player! I promted him at an idle moment and blimey, he's sh1t, plus it cost me over a grand.

Hopefully its not going to be too one sided, i've got a couple of first team players in there but the heart and guts of the team are shamefully inexperienced. feel free to get the kids out, we could have a picnic.

An emphatic 3-0 victory for So Unreal against one of two promotion rivals in VI 46 sees the team nicely poised in second place with the same points as the leaders. The last day of the season game between the two sides seems increasingly important as title aspirations look set to go down to the wire.

That was fun, the sinistry of mound and netley central drew 4-4, with my swedish wonder-kid grabbing a last minute equaliser. Shame about my utility man being injured for the next three games, but it meant that my recently promoted youth team player was on the pitch for much longer than planned and didn't do anything to shame himself. my young strikers were pretty quiet though.

here's a question for the more experienced players, is it worth splashing out £30,000 or so to upgrade my trainer from weak to inadequate? or save up and spend neartly ten times that much on a good one?