Hattrick

TopGun

Back to winning ways at the weekend for Amon Duul III, registering a 7-0 drubbing over what looks like being the division's whipping boys.

Much more improtantly though, A WIN, AN ACTUAL WIN!!! for my youth team. Two matches into my second season managing my own youth team, and in a mirror image of last week's heartbreaker, Neu 74's plucky lads come from 0-2 down, with new northern nipper Eames dancing through their defence in the final minute to register my first ever win! I've actually shed a tear here at my desk. Couldn't be more proud of the boys.

Back to winning ways at the weekend for Amon Duul III, registering a 7-0 drubbing over what looks like being the division's whipping boys.

Much more improtantly though, A WIN, AN ACTUAL WIN!!! for my youth team. Two matches into my second season managing my own youth team, and in a mirror image of last week's heartbreaker, Neu 74's plucky lads come from 0-2 down, with new northern nipper Eames dancing through their defence in the final minute to register my first ever win! I've actually shed a tear here at my desk. Couldn't be more proud of the boys.

yeah :) i've found that binning my original players and bringing scouted players into my youth team is the way to go, much better prospects, still cant find a keeper though, despite scouting specifically for one :(

yeah :) i've found that binning my original players and bringing scouted players into my youth team is the way to go, much better prospects, still cant find a keeper though, despite scouting specifically for one :(

Absolutely, I definitely wasn't ruthless enough when I started out. Spent ages trying all the players in all the positions when really only 3 or 4 are anywhere near good enough, and even those are doubtful as future 1st team prospects. Get players in as early as possible, as they need a full season in the youth squad before they're eligible for promotion.

Getting a decent keeper is proving tricky, although signing up any keeper at all should be the first priority for anyone starting out. I've got both my scouts looking specifically for keepers and neither of them are offering me anything at the moment.

Next thing to work out is what kind of match-rating at youth level equates to a possible decent rating in the 1st team. One of my players got 6 stars this morning (I had thought that 5 was the maximum). Might have a trawl of the Hattrick forums to see if there's any advice.

Next thing to work out is what kind of match-rating at youth level equates to a possible decent rating in the 1st team. One of my players got 6 stars this morning (I had thought that 5 was the maximum). Might have a trawl of the Hattrick forums to see if there's any advice.

Best youth players can get 7 and a half to 8 stars, they are the young generation of potential national team players, so i woudnt be worried that none of yours can do that.

To give you a half decent idea, inadequates at youth level will get about 5*s at that level, but at first team level, they'll get about 2*s.

You say one of yours got 6*s, id say hes a very high passable or very low solid. I promoted a solid last season with ok secondaires and he got me 7*s. But trawl through the forums, they're very useful.

Best youth players can get 7 and a half to 8 stars, they are the young generation of potential national team players, so i woudnt be worried that none of yours can do that.

To give you a half decent idea, inadequates at youth level will get about 5*s at that level, but at first team level, they'll get about 2*s.

You say one of yours got 6*s, id say hes a very high passable or very low solid. I promoted a solid last season with ok secondaires and he got me 7*s. But trawl through the forums, they're very useful.

Cheers man, some very helpful stuff there. Looks like I may only have a couple of potential stars then.

I've just been pointed in the direction of this site http://www.hattrick-youthclub.org/site/welcome which has proved interesting. Takes a while to import all your information, and not as user friendly as Alltid for the 1st team, but quite a good source of stats once you get it running. What was most telling was the finance bit, cost of running the academy vs 'profit' (value of promoted players).

Cheers man, some very helpful stuff there. Looks like I may only have a couple of potential stars then.

I've just been pointed in the direction of this site http://www.hattrick-youthclub.org/site/welcome which has proved interesting. Takes a while to import all your information, and not as user friendly as Alltid for the 1st team, but quite a good source of stats once you get it running. What was most telling was the finance bit, cost of running the academy vs 'profit' (value of promoted players).

thats a handy site, doesnt tell me a lot i havent already worked out mind, but im only in my first youth season, it did tell me i've got 31 days before i can promote one of my players tho :p i think i will just to get them out of the way too :) 667 profit is better than nought ;)

KILLblinton's Illegitimate XI played their first game last Thursday and didn't do too badly, they lost 3-0 but some of my home-grown youngsters put in some good performances. At the moment it looks like I've got a decent keeper, two good wingers, a good centre-back and a handy midfielder. I need to find someone who can score goals and my babies might do alright.

My senior team is sitting pretty at the top of the league which is increasingly resembling the SPL. Last season it was a four horse race for the title, the best team went up and then last week one of my major rivals became a bot-team! So its now a two horse race with a good chance it could be decided on goal difference. I basking in a 9-0 win on Sunday with my star striker getting five goals. Life is sweet.

Anyone want a friendly next Tuesday?

Bah! Youth team back to losing ways. Signed a new keeper but somehow failed to put him in my starting XI (I'm sure I did it, but apparently not). Anyhow, got a youth friendly tonight where he can show his class.

Senior team took a thumping from a high-flyer. There's a bit of a gulf in class in my division. Looks like I'm going to have to consolidate this season and save my pennies for some high quality players.

Jeff, I'm avoiding senior friendlies as they only seem good for sustaining injuries. But I'll have a go on your kids, given half a chance. Next window's in a couple of weeks I think.

Jeff, I'm avoiding senior friendlies as they only seem good for sustaining injuries. But I'll have a go on your kids, given half a chance. Next window's in a couple of weeks I think.

Groovy, I'll just need your CRB form and a stool sample and we're away.

I'm mainly using senior reserve games to get the sh1ttest of my players into something resembling good form (using the general training setting). There are signs of individual improvement but as a team they are still some way off. After losing 7-1 away to a league 6 team I though I'd play it safe with a home game against a league 7 side, the result was a thoroughly humiliating 3-7 drubbing :(

so…

Anyone up for a friendly next week? Feel free to challenge me - So Unreal in VI.46...

no offence but I don't fancy losing 20 nil. i'm off to play some games against league 7 teams, i may be some time.

*punches air and makes a face like i'm doing a vast poo*

my kiddies just won 5-1 away from home, yeah!

LOCK AND LOAD! BOMB IRAN! HECKLE OBAMA! USA! USA!

it looks like the team i beat are the league's whipping boys but hey, 3 points and +1 goal difference after my first two games.

I'M THE KING OF THE FRAKIN WORLD!

IN YOUR STUPID FACE, HUMAN RACE!

*punches air and makes a face like i'm doing a vast poo*

my kiddies just won 5-1 away from home, yeah!

LOCK AND LOAD! BOMB IRAN! HECKLE OBAMA! USA! USA!

it looks like the team i beat are the league's whipping boys but hey, 3 points and +1 goal difference after my first two games.

I'M THE KING OF THE FRAKIN WORLD!

IN YOUR STUPID FACE, HUMAN RACE!

:mad:

There's only one way you could bend a group of boys to your will that quickly, and that way is both ILLEGAL and DEGENERATE.

My lads worried out a breathless win on penalties this morning, showing stamina and not a little spunk. My new keeper put in a 5* showing on debut.

:mad:

There's only one way you could bend a group of boys to your will that quickly, and that way is both ILLEGAL and DEGENERATE

never underestimate the effectiveness of the stick and the carrot. that’s all I'll say on the matter without my lawyer being present.

my senior team had another big win on Sunday and have the rather sweet stats of -

played 4, won 4, 24 goals for, none against, 12 points.

but that will all count for sqiut if we mess up the top of the table clash in two weeks time.

Jonny Navari looks promising. He is 15 years old and seems to have something extra.

This player has poor Playmaking at this point in his career. If he develops well, I would say this chap can emerge with solid Keeper before joining the senior squad.

Do we sign him, boss?

happy days :) my youthteam is almost complete :)

the kids are alright, some are actually decent.

my illegitimate XI edged a 7 goal thriller on thursday afternoon against the team above us in the league. despite losing out on possession my kiddies took the lead three times and deserved the win, my keeper made some great saves during a very nervy last ten minutes. he's been my star so far this season.

for the senior team, this sunday is the last in a series of four straight games against bot-team and rubbish human-teams, so its all about throwing them forward and scoring as many as possible. my young striker is currently top scoring in the league with 8, and my younger defenders have been getting their fare share too.

next week i play my main rivals at their place, a draw would do me fine but i've got a feeling that i'm going to sneak a win.

here's my hallowed dark place, permanently shrouded in drizzle. it seats 21,001 but i guess my ave. gate is about 17,000. dare thee enter my theatre of.....nightmares?

darkplace-1.jpg

Struggling to find decent full backs for the youth team atm. Which is a shame as that's the area I was hoping to feed cheap talent through to the senior squad.

Still, another win for ADIII this weekend pushes us up to 3rd, behind the two teams that beat me earlier in the season. I get the feeling this might be my level. Certainly not looking at promotion this year.

Need to find a way of making a bit more cash, other than another rebuilding project. Any ideas?

Struggling to find decent full backs for the youth team atm. Which is a shame as that's the area I was hoping to feed cheap talent through to the senior squad.

Still, another win for ADIII this weekend pushes us up to 3rd, behind the two teams that beat me earlier in the season. I get the feeling this might be my level. Certainly not looking at promotion this year.

Need to find a way of making a bit more cash, other than another rebuilding project. Any ideas?

i class decent as 5*'s for youth team, but i've not promoted anyone yet although my team is crap with only a few players over 1000tsi, yours is VI standard easy, how much money you looking to raise?

i class decent as 5*'s for youth team, but i've not promoted anyone yet although my team is crap with only a few players over 1000tsi, yours is VI standard easy, how much money you looking to raise?

Yeah, 5*s is about the standard seemingly. By which measure I've got 3, possibly 4 ready to make the jump at the end of the season.

I just reckon that if I'm going to make a serious push for promotion, I need to start bringing in a couple of seriously good players. Previously I've bought players at 'solid' skill standard, but anything above that and the price starts to jump up dramatically. So unless I strike it really lucky with some of the nippers I'll have to sell and gamble.

Yeah, 5*s is about the standard seemingly. By which measure I've got 3, possibly 4 ready to make the jump at the end of the season.

I just reckon that if I'm going to make a serious push for promotion, I need to start bringing in a couple of seriously good players. Previously I've bought players at 'solid' skill standard, but anything above that and the price starts to jump up dramatically. So unless I strike it really lucky with some of the nippers I'll have to sell and gamble.

if you've got a couple of half decent youngsters who could be solid players next season chuck them in place of your better players this season, flog them and build up the cash :)

My kids are on fire!

It took a season or so to get them up to speed, but today's 7-0 riot has showed the value of perseverance. My rock in defence is regularly making 6.5 star performances. Can't wait till he's old enough to promote!

Does anyone with a bit more youth team experience know if there's any value in changing your scouts? I'm slightly concerned that for the last few weeks they haven't turned up anyone particularly interesting. Might try shifting them to scout in other areas but I was wondering if maybe their usefulness deteriorates over time in the same way that a coach's does..?

My kids are on fire!

It took a season or so to get them up to speed, but today's 7-0 riot has showed the value of perseverance. My rock in defence is regularly making 6.5 star performances. Can't wait till he's old enough to promote!

Does anyone with a bit more youth team experience know if there's any value in changing your scouts? I'm slightly concerned that for the last few weeks they haven't turned up anyone particularly interesting. Might try shifting them to scout in other areas but I was wondering if maybe their usefulness deteriorates over time in the same way that a coach's does..?

i stuck a scout in london as i presumed thats where the most players were, first week he gave me a solid playmaker, so maybe...

some of my young 'uns had a tear in their eye on final whistle today as they were taught just what a sour heartless mistress football can be. my illegitamate XI were away to the top side (who have thumped teams for fun so far this season) but against form my boys started well and ended up dominating the half. Their main failing was the number of chances they missed but they took a 0-1 lead into the break. in the second half, we missed more chances and in the last ten minutes the opposition finally came to life and laid seige to my goal. my keeper made a number of great saves but we lost 2-1. still, there's only so much you can learn from winning games, excuse me, my eyes are a little sweaty today.

my reserves had a good win on Tuesday, but much more importantly, two more of my key players who suffered a collapse of form at the start of the season have got their mojo back and return to the first team just in time for part one of the-great-top-of-the-table-promotion-decider. my team are up to pretty much full-strength and look good, sexy-fine, even. a win would put me so much in control it will be scary, a draw would also make me stong favourites. all I need to worry about is getting d1cked on, and I don't think that's gonna happen.

now I play the waiting game (which is strikingly similar to the w@nking game, which I'm great at)

It does look like you've landed on your feet with a couple of those players, particularly the keeper. How many of those were scouted, or did you just have an impressive bunch (fnar!) to start with?

about half were scouted, including the keeper. but i was lucky that i had two or three home-growns who clicked in the first position i tried them in from game one. i could still do with another wingback and a decent striker, but so far so good.

about half were scouted, including the keeper. but i was lucky that i had two or three home-growns who clicked in the first position i tried them in from game one. i could still do with another wingback and a decent striker, but so far so good.

I've sent you a little challenge for your little boys.

I've sent you a little challenge for your little boys.

oh my. go easy on them.

my senior team conceded their first goal of the season on sunday :( but scored six to totally humiliate and annihilate our promotion contenders. if i can win the home leg against them in three weeks time then its as good as in the bag. 'killblinton's sinister army!' :prayer::prayer::prayer:

crikey though, league 5 looks really tough.

oh my. go easy on them.

my senior team conceded their first goal of the season on sunday :( but scored six to totally humiliate and annihilate our promotion contenders. if i can win the home leg against them in three weeks time then its as good as in the bag. 'killblinton's sinister army!' :prayer::prayer::prayer:

crikey though, league 5 looks really tough.

They won't feel a thing.

Your first goal? Lawks.

I beat the second place team at the weekend and swapped places with them. Still 6 points off the pace for first, but suddenly, tantalisingly, the manager of the table-toppers has pulled a 'mutual consent' and gone off to spend time with his family! Their players are still streets ahead of mine but there's a glimmer of hope that I might overhaul them. My first choice keeper's crocked though...

• 2 weeks later...

call social services, i'm a bad bad manager

i went away on holiday for two weeks and all my teams took a real beating. my first team lost their first match of the season to a bunch of halfwits, the reserves took a tonking and my little 'uns lost 0-7 after hattrick decided to mix my team up and put a striker in goal :mad:

but yesterday normal service resumed and my seniors spanked my nearest rival to essentially ensure i win my league. this frees me up to start worrying that i won't get automatic promotion and will probably have to face a league 5 side in a qualifier, alltid predicts that i'll get drawn against a side full of players with 7 or 8 star ratings, not good.

but still, champions champions champions and all that.

My kids beat jeff leopard's kids at the weekend but he's not around to brag at :(

i'm back now :)

I am top also with max points although have to play my only rival away yet and his goal difference is better because I have used this season against some easy teams to blood youngsters.

I have a total squad TSI of 89,000 and my rival over 200,000. However my wages are £19,000 each week and his are £80,000. I reckon he must be broke so am saving up myself for a new solid manager who will cost £1,700,000. I need about £200,000 more. I think my squad will then improve immeasurably.

• 2 weeks later...

Still top on goal difference (by about 30 goals!) with 3 to play. But just discovered, to my horror, that there's no guaranteed promotion from div VI. Apparently only the top 50% of 1st placed finishers get automatic promotion, with the current benchmark being 31 points and about +70 GD. I'm only on 27 points, so if I do manage to finish top (crunch match in a couple of weeks) I'll have to take part in a play-off against a team from div V.

On the plus side, I absolutely spanked some chancers 7-0 yesterday.

Still top on goal difference (by about 30 goals!) with 3 to play. But just discovered, to my horror, that there's no guaranteed promotion from div VI. Apparently only the top 50% of 1st placed finishers get automatic promotion, with the current benchmark being 31 points and about +70 GD. I'm only on 27 points, so if I do manage to finish top (crunch match in a couple of weeks) I'll have to take part in a play-off against a team from div V

I had the same realisation the other day, had a look at some of the league V sides in the play-off places and they're all players with 7 or 8 star ratings. It will be nice to win the league title but the only way up is winning all your league games and conceeding as few goals as physically possible.

I reckon i should be able to do that next season, if it goes roughly to plan. I thought I'd manage it this season but one of the few human teams in the league suddenly went from being average to really good (seemingly over-night) and i got caught with my pants down. Hold that image...hold it...hold it....

I've decided that having another season to prepare for league V wouldn't be a bad thing either, i've had to change keepers and centre backs this season and my young 'un needs more blooding.

Jeff/Stain, i think it was ony of you guys who told me to go 4-5-1 when i got promoted far too early :) either way, playoff games should bring in some good attendance money ;)

or you could play the kids for the rest of the season and next season you'll be better and could go for a trophy!

i bought a player yesterday : http://alltid.org/player/204025910 .. probably shouldn't have :p spunked 200k on him :S

Still top on goal difference (by about 30 goals!) with 3 to play. But just discovered, to my horror, that there's no guaranteed promotion from div VI. Apparently only the top 50% of 1st placed finishers get automatic promotion, with the current benchmark being 31 points and about +70 GD. I'm only on 27 points, so if I do manage to finish top (crunch match in a couple of weeks) I'll have to take part in a play-off against a team from div V.

On the plus side, I absolutely spanked some chancers 7-0 yesterday.

I finished top of Div VI two or three seasons ago and got spanked by a Div V side in the play-off but it's obviously largely a luck thing on who you might get.

Currently top of VI.46 with max points but the crunch game is this weekend against my rivals who have only dropped three points (against me) but have a better goal difference. I am probably going to pack the midfield and play a pressing game to prevent his excellent forwards getting service. Play for the draw!