Hattrick

TopGun

Tomorrow night I've got a league 6 team in the cup, and even though the fans think they have the edge, I reckon I can have them and progress into the third round. It should be exciting either way.

round three la la la!

last night we beat a league 6 team very comfortably to reach round three for the first time. we've been drawn against a side who have just been promoted to league 5, and if we have a really good game, we could have them [-o

Hmm, so an opening day loss may already have cost me a shot at promotion. But I am in the third round of the cup. Bingo bango.

Bongo?

Yeah, it’s a p1sser that if you finish first or second, you have to play your main rivals in the first game of the next season, with just a cup game to get the boys warmed up. And then you have to wait till the last game of the season to face them again.

Here's to round three of the cup though, who have you been drawn against? My fans have us down as favourites in our round 3 game against a freshly promoted league 5 team, who hopefully would have lost a couple of times in the league before we face them. I'm going to get my 4-5-1 counter-attacking tactic out, and whilst its not too pretty, it seems to work against teams that look stronger than us on paper/VDU screen.

My kiddies are sitting proudly at the top of the league after a 9-0 away win yesterday (admittedly, against a completely bobbins team), and one of my newbies got a hattrick in six second-half minutes. Outstanding.

I've got a well established div V team in the cup, so my only tactic is all out shouting badger, slashing and biting like a confused and drug-weary Keegan. I'm even going to enable the secret rush-goalie-with-knives option.

My nippers didn't start their campaign too well, mainly because I forgot to pick a team and ended up running out with only 9 players. So fair play to them for keeping it to 5-1. I'm in the process of promoting 3 of my best prospects, so can't expect too many good results for a while.

• 2 weeks later...
Phew. First victory in V so at least I won't be pointless. This is going to be a tough season.

fair play, that's gotta be a tough gig.

so far so good. my seniors and kiddies are both top of their leagues, although my seniors are far from world-beating at the moment, with several key players under-performing and languishing in the reserves (who finally get to play a match tomorrow night).

who's your top scorer at the moment? one of my home-grown midfielders, who usually averages 10 goals a season, has already got 8 in the league and cup. i'm hoping he's going to step up in the couple of years he has before he hits 30 and starts the slow down-hill slide.

• 3 weeks later...

Few weeks into the season. How's everybody doing? One early loss to my main rival in the first week, but top on goal difference. Looks like it will come down to a final game decider for me again.

Having trouble, despite some targetted training, getting the crucial last couple of experience points for a couple of lads I want to promote from the yoot. Anyone got any tips?

Few weeks into the season. How's everybody doing? One early loss to my main rival in the first week, but top on goal difference. Looks like it will come down to a final game decider for me again.

Still chasing two titles this season. The younglings dropped their first points on Thursday, but considering they were 3-0 down after half an hour, getting a 4-4 draw away to last season’s champions was a great result. We’re top of their league by a single point and a healthy goal difference.

The big news with my seniors is that our nearest rivals have recently changed owners and are now utter rubbish. Owners are coming and going on a regular basis, leaving us as the strongest team on paper by some distance. We played the one side who looked pretty decent on Sunday and spanked them 8-1, so the league title should be ours for the taking. We’ve also got a very good chance to finish the season with a 100% record, although I think we would benefit from having one more season in league 6. But if we’ve gotta go up, then we’ll give it our best shot, but probably come straight back down again.

But still , it’s all very exciting.

Having trouble, despite some targetted training, getting the crucial last couple of experience points for a couple of lads I want to promote from the yoot. Anyone got any tips?

So Unreal are having a tough time in V. 243 and are third from bottom with only 4 points. The net two games are critical as they are both against one of the teams below me. If we get 6 points from that auto relegation will not be a worry although I fully expect a play-off game against a League VI team at the end of the season.

I am saving up for £1.7m to buy a solid coach as I think this will improve the squad more than the same spent on one or two goodish players.

I am saving up for £1.7m to buy a solid coach as I think this will improve the squad more than the same spent on one or two goodish players.

i've had a rubbish start to this season too despite having a couple of players hit formidable and go over 4000tsi, i'm planning a mass cull in a few weeks time for my top prospects (3x def, 1x winger + a excellent YT who will be promoted) that alone should raise me enough dolla for a Solid Coach.

After saving up all last season, I got a solid coach at the start of this season and was underwhelmed for the first half a dozen games or so, but the team are now starting to look pretty decent. For my next coach, I’m taking a different route, I’m going to spend 3 or 400,000 on a 30 year old with good leadership and experience, have them play as captain for a couple of seasons and then promote them up to coach. It should work out much much cheaper in the long run.

Get ya leagues out!

league.jpg

It’s the half way point of the season, and we’re sitting pretty. My new coach is starting to work his magic, my players like the new formation and they currently isn’t another side in the league that can take us on. We’ve only had one clean sheet so far, and in most games we’ve started very slowly and gone one-nil down, but then we’ve got our shizzle together and done the business, the old in and out.

It’s looking good for automatic promotion, complacency is my only enemy (and smugness is my only defence against the weekend’s football goings-ons)

league15feb.jpg

This table strikingly resembles the same point last season. Top on goal difference, my only points dropped being to the second placed team. last time out they went on to beat me in the final fixture and then lost in the play-off. This time I will prevail. And then lose in the play-off.

• 2 weeks later...

due to a constant stream of short-lived new teams, my league 6 is now weaker than the league 7 i was in several seasons ago :rolleyes:

I'm 6 points clear at the top, so the title is almost in the bag and, unless something pretty outrageous happens in the next few weeks, I have no excuses for not finishing with a 100% record.

jobs-a-good'un

im doing terrible, 2nd to bottom but my youth team winger got 8 stars last night hurrah!

I'm the same. Second from bottom with a measly four points. Still saving for a new manager. The upside is that League 5 has caused an upsurge in TSI for some of my players. One of my midfielders started the season at about 7,000 and is now on 17,000.

I'm the same. Second from bottom with a measly four points. Still saving for a new manager. The upside is that League 5 has caused an upsurge in TSI for some of my players. One of my midfielders started the season at about 7,000 and is now on 17,000.

thats a pretty big rise, how much have his stats improved and have you changed what you are training?

thats a pretty big rise, how much have his stats improved and have you changed what you are training?

Just checked... he's on 18,130. I have been sticking to playmaking and he is now brilliant. I think he started the season as formidable. But I am not sure how much improvement might be down to playing in L5 anyway.

I just started playing again after an absence of several years, have spent stupid money experimenting with all the old features and expect to be bankrupt before the end of the season, lets wait and see :p

whats your teamname?

• 2 weeks later...

CHAMPIONS!!!!!

\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/\\:D/

The second place team lost, confirming that the sinistry of mound are champions again. Still on course for finishing with 100% record, which is good because this league has got too easy.

Fingers crossed, next season will be all about league 5 and wondering where the hell the goals, let alone the points, are going to come from.

[-o

Tempted to large my £1.5m on three players in an attempt to stay in V and then sell them afterwards... thoughts?

do it :)

the markets pretty poo at the minute though, quite dead.

congrats btw Jeff, im doing poo, second bottom although i won today :)

Genuine clear, breathable daylight between me and second now. 3 point gap for the first time. I have to play second place on the final day, but my goal difference is way too powerful. Probably will have to take part in a play-off, as I lost one earlier in the season. But an improvement all the same.

just bought meself a solid coach for 1.7m :p

good luck for last game of the season chaps :)

cheers ribbo, backatcha

i got me a solid coach last season, and after a slow but steady start i really felt the benifits.

i need to win my last game to go up to league 5 and its against the bottom placed bot-team, so it would take a disaster not to get there.

my most exciting recent development was promoting my first youngster since taking over the running of the youth team, he played 20 mins at the end of a reserve match and finished with three stars. next season i'm going to focus on training up my midfielders and by the end of that he could be a 5 star player, at the age of 18. its very exciting and i've sbeen celebrating with a series of wardrobe-strangle-w@nks :)

promoted to league V for the first time and i have little doubt that it will be (initially at least) a brief stay. but i'm hoping that my team will be much better for the experience.

i'm in the middle of promoting the cream of my youth team up to my reserves, and if things go badly wrong next season and we're dead certs for the drop, i'd be tempted to give the kiddies lots of first team experience too.

its going to be weird though, in league 6 and 7 you win the vast majority of games, and then in league V its defeat after defeat. it will take some getting used to.

EOS

Saturday/Sunday, 10/11 Apr 2010

• Qualifiers

• Prize money

• Promotion money

• Fees paid by your fans

• +10% fans for promoted teams

• -10% fans for demoted teams

• Medals show up (only for Hattrick Supporters)

• Promotion/demotion

Monday, 12 Apr 2010

• Season break for the Youth leagues until 17 Apr 2010

Tuesday/Wednesday, 13/14 Apr 2010

• Regular friendlies

• Cup draw is made

Saturday/Sunday, 17/18 Apr 2010

• Reset of team spirit, confidence, supporter mood (not completely), sponsors' mood

• No league games

Monday, 19 Apr 2010

• Red/Yellow cards are removed

• Match schedule for the next season is created

• The elections for the new NT coach start officially in all countries (more information on this will follow at an appropriate moment)

Tuesday, 20 Apr 2010

• Ownerless teams are botified

Tuesday/Wednesday, 20/21 Apr 2010

• First cup round for all qualified teams

• Unqualified teams are able to play a friendly match

Saturday/Sunday, 24/25 Apr 2010

• First league match of the new season

Not played this for ages, at least a whole season, i only came back as i had a message saying that i was going to lose my team.

Anywho, i finished 3rd again but have struggled to get out of this league, was 2nd the year before, and 1st before that so 3rd not too bad considering i havn't bothered to log in for ages, though it is obvious i am going backwards.

I am in league VI.540 BTW

Any tips ?

Going to do my best to buy some players ready for this league now, a new winger, new inner midfielder and new wing back to complement what i have already.

Edited by Smirking_Saint

I have an Outstanding goalkeeper, age 22 with 15000 TSI, i am in league VI.540

Is it worth me selling him ?? How much could i get for him ??

there is a transfer compare button in his profile that will tell you but now/start of this season is the time to do it, if you've got a decent backup that is, a **** hot keeper like that would rock in league6