Hattrick

TopGun

• 2 weeks later...
possibly not a nailed on romp to the title but a good start.

Ha! Nailed on romp it is! 3 games, 3 wins, +18 goal difference. The rest of the season is a formality.

Far more competetive (and fun) has been taking charge of my youth team, Neu 74. To start with you've just got a bunch of local kids, whose skills or lack of are completely unidentified. You're basically starting from scratch, playing them in as many different positions as possible to find out if any of them are actually any good at football at all. Got pummelled in my first match (against a ruddy skate!) but it's a curvy learning rollercoaster.

Ha! Nailed on romp it is! 3 games, 3 wins, +18 goal difference. The rest of the season is a formality.

So far I'm 3 wins from 3 with a +17 goal difference and I'm feeling pretty smug. Two of my wins were against bots, but the other was against one of the big three, who I brushed aside without any problems. the other two 'big sides' have both lost a game already, planting me at the top of the league. if they can keep taking points off each other then I'm starting to think I've got a shot at back-to-back promotions, despite having the lowest valued squad in the league and playing sides against strikers that average 5 star ratings. I've focused on general training so far as some of my key players started the season on wretched form, and some of their form has gone from 4 to 7 in just a couple of weeks, taking them from mopey-moo's to happy bunnies.

The rest of the season is incredibly open and should be quite exciting. I've got two more games against crap sides before playing the big two twice in a month, that should determine who stays and who goes.

I might give the kiddy thing a go.

• 4 weeks later...

Thread resurrection!

So I'm officially Walking This League now and I'm starting to pack out my 12,000 capacity basic arena. Bearing in mind I'm pretty much nailed on for promotion even at this early stage (so will probably need some cash in the close season for squad improvements), how much should I be looking to spend on expanding the capacity?

Any advice from more seasoned players would be welcome.

Thread resurrection!

So I'm officially Walking This League now and I'm starting to pack out my 12,000 capacity basic arena. Bearing in mind I'm pretty much nailed on for promotion even at this early stage (so will probably need some cash in the close season for squad improvements), how much should I be looking to spend on expanding the capacity?

Any advice from more seasoned players would be welcome.

My stadium is 30,000 which I increased in small increments. I made the mistake of buying too many posh seats though as I rarely sell them out.

My stadium is 30,000 which I increased in small increments. I made the mistake of buying too many posh seats though as I rarely sell them out.

What division are you in now?

I looked at a thread on one of the Hattrick forums about this and someone advised adding:

3000 Terrace

1500 Basic

1500 Under roof

250 VIP

Checked that out and it would cost me £300,000 which is serious cash on my current income.

My ground at the moment is -

Total capacity: 17 001

Terraces: 10 000

Basic seating: 6 001

Seats under roof: 1 000

Seats in VIP boxes: 0

All my home games so far this season have been in filthy weather and I think my biggest crowd was around 14,000.

Top half of the table at the moment is -

1. the sinistry of mound fc 6 5 1 0 34 3 31 16

2. tels tigers 6 5 0 1 30 7 23 15

3. Dev's Allstars 6 5 0 1 29 6 23 15

4. Cambridge United FC 6 3 1 2 27 9 18 10

I've entered the critical phase of the season where I'll get to see how good the team really is. I drew 1-1 with Cambridge Utd last week, the pitch was a swamp and in the second half the only thing that happened was one of their players getting booked, on a better day I think I would have edged it. My next two games are against tels tigers who have got 5 star players all over the pitch. I've got the best form in the league and I hope that will get me a win and a draw. I'm currently torn whether I should go for broke against them or play defensively, I'll probably play two up front at home and hope we can get early goals. Its all very exciting.

Cheers for the tips chaps, I might take it slowly and add a few terraces and roofed seats.

The old managing your youth team is proving a painful learning curve, but if I end the season with a couple of genuine prospects then it'll have been worth it.

Hmm, lol.

Completely forgot about this game, was seriously worried but checked anyways and i am 2nd and 5 pts ahead of 3rd place wih 5 consecutive wins !!

I also have £330,000 in the bank, my team seems to be holding up to the pressure, but what should i do ??

I've entered the critical phase of the season where I'll get to see how good the team really is.

Judging by yesterday's performance, not good enough to worry about getting promoted to league 5 just yet.

I dropped down to third in the league after loosing 1-3 to tels tigers, two of the goals being soft defensive errors :( All I can do now is find a way to take points off them when I travel to their place on Sunday. ho hum. On the plus side, I had my first full house since increasing the capacity of the ground, which earned the club of just under £100, 000 :)

i've signed up as boca ribbo, but i cant get to the site from work :( what do i do when i get home, get good coaches in and promote all the kids?

harsh! I've not had any luck yet promoting the kids so I've leaned towards finding some bargains on the transfer market. i'd suggest hiring a couple of assistant coachs and trying to suss out how many decent players you've got.

Cheers for all the advice re: stadium capacity. Building work is in progress. Meantime Amon Duul III tonked the so called Liverpoolchamps 0-11, taking our GD after 7 games to +48. I am literally phuqing this league.

One or two of my youth squad look like they might have potential to at least warrant a run out in the senior squad next year.

i've got one of each staff + 2 assistant coaches, i got spanked 5-0 away yesterday have bought 2-3 17-18 year olds who appear to be pants but will replace my older yet more pants players over the coming weeks, i find putting in nominal bids at stupid o'clock seem to do the trick :p (i think i got that tip off this thread)

im thinking instead i should have just not done anything and saved up the money for a passable or solid coach (which ever ones near 300k to buy) but at least the youth academy allows me to mess around with the game more,

what did you do in your first season? and have you got any 30yo's to get rid of, i need some exp for no dolla :p

REVENGE!!! :smt041\\:D/:smt041

Man alive, what with the cricket and hattrick, I was in some kind of geeky heaven on Sunday afternoon.

After a couple of disappointing results including a 1-3 home defeat last week, the sinistry of mound fc hit back in specacular fashion! I switched from 3-5-2 to 4-5-1 and got two of my midfielders to target their right back (their weakest player) and it worked wonders, three goals in a ten minute spell at the end of the first half and some resolute defending and sublime goalkeeping gave us a 1-3 away win. This takes me back up to second, all I need to do now is win all my remaining matches and the league title is mine! :) I've got another really tough home game on Sunday but if I can win this then I've got 4 crap teams to beat before a possible title-decider right at the end of the season.

have you got any 30yo's to get rid of, i need some exp for no dolla :p

I may get shouted down for this but my 30 somethings are currently holding my teams together. At the heart of my midfield is a 34 year old who had the best game of his whole career on Sunday and has never looked sharper, I've got a 35 year old at the heart of my defence who has been consistantly brilliant since I got him, a 30 year old winger who has recently gone from a two star player to a three star player and a 32 year old keeper who, again, is playing the best football of his life. I've bought a bunch of teenagers to replace them, and a few are already looking good in the first team, but most of them need another season in the reserves before they're ready.

does anyone wanna play my reserves?

no takers for this week, but howabout playing my young-uns next week?

no takers for this week, but howabout playing my young-uns next week?

i'll do that :) send a challenge to "boca ribbo" :)

whats all this 2 star 3 star gubbins? i thought that was the players rating when they played?

i'll do that :) send a challenge to "boca ribbo" :)

Have done :cool:

whats all this 2 star 3 star gubbins? i thought that was the players rating when they played?

if when you look at the games you've played you click on the triangle made out of dots, you get a star rating for each player. my highest star rating for a player is four and a half so far, but i try to only pick first team players who can get three stars plus. for league 7, i imagine you wouldn't want a player that scores less than 2 stars.

I got spanked at the weekend by top of the table who are running away with it, my players are coming on nice, i've bought a really good keeper and my players TSI are rocketing up!

looking forward to Sinistry of Mounds youth tomorrow, if anyone else wants a friendly hit up boca ribbo as i've got a few youngsters who cant get into my first team yet who i want to give a run out to :)

I got spanked at the weekend by top of the table who are running away with it, my players are coming on nice, i've bought a really good keeper and my players TSI are rocketing up!

my dreams of promotion were finally put to the sword on Sunday after a 0-1 defeat to the third place side. It was incredibly tight until I threw a defender up front to make the break-through and then conceeded a goal 30 seconds later. I believe the phrase is 'phuksticks, mother's khunt'. On the plus side, this frees me up to give some of my young uns some first team experience for the rest of the season.

looking forward to Sinistry of Mounds youth tomorrow

me too, my collection of the young, the lame and the desperately out of form will be playing a new formation tonight which will either be a roaring success or a dismall failure, either way, there will be goals!

there were you won 3-0 :p my kids had a good run out though i suppose haha :)

matches this weekend, looking forward, put a load of players on the TL too as im loosing money!!

cheers for the game

you got a quality keeper there!

whilst the sinistry of mound continue to underwhelm with their recent league form, results else where have blown the title wide open.

1. Dev's Allstars....................10 8 0 2 48 12 36 24

2. tels tigers........................10 8 0 2 45 11 34 24

3. Cambridge United FC .........10 7 1 2 47 11 36 22

4. the sinistry of mound fc...10 7 1 2 40 8 32 22

with four games to go, just 2 points and four goals separate the top half of the table. we've got an easy run-in with games against the three bot teams and then the current league leaders who got battered on Sunday, cambridge united are the form team, coming back from the grave to get a chance to go back up to league 5. Devs Allstars and Tels tigers have a wealth of 5 star-plus players but seem content to **** the league title away. its going to be an exciting conclusion!

• 3 weeks later...
cheers for the game

you got a quality keeper there!

whilst the sinistry of mound continue to underwhelm with their recent league form, results else where have blown the title wide open.

1. Dev's Allstars....................10 8 0 2 48 12 36 24

2. tels tigers........................10 8 0 2 45 11 34 24

3. Cambridge United FC .........10 7 1 2 47 11 36 22

4. the sinistry of mound fc...10 7 1 2 40 8 32 22

with four games to go, just 2 points and four goals separate the top half of the table. we've got an easy run-in with games against the three bot teams and then the current league leaders who got battered on Sunday, cambridge united are the form team, coming back from the grave to get a chance to go back up to league 5. Devs Allstars and Tels tigers have a wealth of 5 star-plus players but seem content to **** the league title away. its going to be an exciting conclusion!

my keeper is only passable in gk + set pieces and his TSI's dropping like a stone (as are the rest of my players and i dont know why!)

last game this weekend, looks like your playing bottom of the table 2nd is playing 1st and 3rd is playing 5th, so you could very well hit 3rd easy or even 2nd if you make up the 10goal deficit :) im pretty much promoted (not that i really want to be i'll expect i'll come straight back down again) any tips on living in VI ?

my keeper is only passable in gk + set pieces and his TSI's dropping like a stone (as are the rest of my players and i dont know why!)

last game this weekend, looks like your playing bottom of the table 2nd is playing 1st and 3rd is playing 5th, so you could very well hit 3rd easy or even 2nd if you make up the 10goal deficit :) im pretty much promoted (not that i really want to be i'll expect i'll come straight back down again) any tips on living in VI ?

The whole TSI thing mystifies me, I've trained players for several weeks on the trot and their TSI goes up by about 100. Another player gets dropped and in the first week his TSI goes up almost by a 1000. Very odd.

My season is well and truly over after a 3-2 defeat on Sunday. I decided it was time to blood my young striker and he missed two absolute sitters, in a full-blown comedy style. Bugger.

My advice for league 6 is to get a good league with as many bot teams as possible. I had three of them in my league, but next season there will only be one so I expect it to get a lot tougher. You might want to get some practice of playing a 4-5-1 formation. I've spent pretty much all my money this season on increasing my ground's capacity, its at around 23,000 at the moment which is over £100 grand per capacity crowd. My next investment is a new coach.

But a lot of it is down to the luck of the draw.

cant remember but it is possible lol, i think its under the youth league section and make/join a league

yeah it is, myself and a couple of mates are in a YL, getting tanked though, 3 games left so the YA seasons not up yet..

im promoted, anyone know anything about the off season cups? do you have to be a paid up member to start/join them?

going to look on alltid.org later to see if there is anywhere that can predict what VI div i'll be in :p

• 2 weeks later...
Off season cups? The English Cup fixture for each team is up. Iv got a lovely bot team, 2nd round here i come. Level 5 is going to be a challenge but fun, no side has a particularly great attack in my league.. so i should finish 6th and survive.

ditto, my first ever cup win is surely coming :)

i finish mid-table in my first league 6 season, i was top for the first half of the season and then, when it truly counted, my team were like a candle in the wind.

unreliable.

i'm still some way behind the top club in star rating power. i reckon that if this season i get get a couple of my youngsters up to five star performances, next season i can make a dash for league 5 and maybe even stay there.

i've just started a yoof acadamy and i'm literally welling up with excitement at the thought of a saints web league.

excuse me.

W00t! Promotion at an easy canter. Maximum points and a +92 goal difference see Amon Duul III to the glory they were cruelly denied last time out.

Not too much tinkering for next season, just clear out the remaining duffers in the squad and get some less duff chaps to warm the bench. Anyone want some duffers?

The stadium's looking handsome now and I'm going to give the coach a chance at the next level.

My youth team though, well... the young boys have suffered a brutal induction to a man's world. With one game left in the season, Neu 74 are bottom of the 'Bongo Bashers' league, with a single, snivelling point to their name (picked up in a goalless draw). Spent too much time trying to coax latent talent from my initial squad. My advice to anyone starting a youth team, first thing you do should be to scout a decent keeper, there almost certainly won't be one in your squad.

Once I finally saw the light and started listening to my scouts, I turned up a few with real potential, enough to give me hope that the investment will be worthwhile in the end.

W00t! Promotion at an easy canter.

My advice to anyone starting a youth team, first thing you do should be to scout a decent keeper, there almost certainly won't be one in your squad.

Once I finally saw the light and started listening to my scouts, I turned up a few with real potential, enough to give me hope that the investment will be worthwhile in the end.

Grats :)

i also got promoted in the first season but i inherited a well placed teamslot and 5 teams in my div got taken on at teh same time so i couldnt really loose out, you've got a pretty good team there!

how many youth scouts do you have? I have 2 but im expecting better prospects to be found with the step upto VI, i've not had a keeper yet though, it's the missing link!!

Grats :)

i also got promoted in the first season but i inherited a well placed teamslot and 5 teams in my div got taken on at teh same time so i couldnt really loose out, you've got a pretty good team there!

how many youth scouts do you have? I have 2 but im expecting better prospects to be found with the step upto VI, i've not had a keeper yet though, it's the missing link!!

I've got 2 scouts atm. I think there's a lot to be gained from getting them to scout in the right part of the country, i.e. where there are a large number of teams.

Right then, much money spent, this season i should be even more devastating.

Upgraded the stadium to 21,000 and have brought an excellent striker, midfielder and CH for large sums of money.

Time to take this league by storm

haha superb :) i got through the 1st round of the cup on my first attempt through extra time goal..

how much have you spent on players? i've got 100k that will buy me crud...

2 days till season starts :p

haha superb :) i got through the 1st round of the cup on my first attempt through extra time goal..

how much have you spent on players? i've got 100k that will buy me crud...

2 days till season starts :p

Almsot 300k on players, but i basically didn't spend anything for the whole of last season, and also won the league so got a bonus, TBF Excellent rated players are probably overkill for this division but i feel i need them for the playoffs at the end of the season.

My Midfielder and defender cost me 100k each and striker a bit less as he is 31 or something.

Then there was the ground, which cost a fortune

My league this season is most likely going to be a three horse race, and I'd predicted a transitional season (clearing out the league 7 rubbish from my squad) with us being the third place team at the end. my first game was against a major rival and, as several key players started the season on wretched form, my team was a bit of a mess (I even had to buy in a 34 year old centre back to hold the defence together). but my fears were put to rest when we started the better team and despite missing two good chances, we dominated the first half. 15 mins in to the second half we scored and looked incredibly comfortable but I just knew that they would have at least one good chance. And they did, a breathless counter attack (with 89 mins and 53 secs of the match gone - I sh1t you not) carved my team open but their striker almost broke the cross-bar from a couple of yards out. Ha! We scrambled the ball away and the final whistle went.

An incredible start to the season and probably the most nerve-wracking game of my hattrick career. Massive win.

My league this season is most likely going to be a three horse race, and I'd predicted a transitional season (clearing out the league 7 rubbish from my squad) with us being the third place team at the end. my first game was against a major rival and, as several key players started the season on wretched form, my team was a bit of a mess (I even had to buy in a 34 year old centre back to hold the defence together). but my fears were put to rest when we started the better team and despite missing two good chances, we dominated the first half. 15 mins in to the second half we scored and looked incredibly comfortable but I just knew that they would have at least one good chance. And they did, a breathless counter attack (with 89 mins and 53 secs of the match gone - I sh1t you not) carved my team open but their striker almost broke the cross-bar from a couple of yards out. Ha! We scrambled the ball away and the final whistle went.

An incredible start to the season and probably the most nerve-wracking game of my hattrick career. Massive win.

5-1 or 6-1 win, got in late and didnt even notice the match had started :) happy days, but my tsi is suffering again :(

let us know if you get rid of any decent players :)

i have a team.....

best way to get good? Guess i need to sort out training?

Sort out training, evaluate the skills of your squad to see who plays best where, get involved in friendlies to get an idea of your players in different positions. Get through as many of their start-up 'challenges' as you can to give yourself a bit of cash (you'll probably need to buy a player or two to give yourself any chance).

Galling start to my new youth team season. 0-2 up and flying on 70 mins and looking like my newer recruits were really gelling, first goal goes against us and we crumble and contrive to lose. Probably a stamina issue, but for some reason you can't train that at youth level. I'll just have to hope they improve.