Hattrick

TopGun

That was fun, the sinistry of mound and netley central drew 4-4, with my swedish wonder-kid grabbing a last minute equaliser. Shame about my utility man being injured for the next three games, but it meant that my recently promoted youth team player was on the pitch for much longer than planned and didn't do anything to shame himself. my young strikers were pretty quiet though.

here's a question for the more experienced players, is it worth splashing out £30,000 or so to upgrade my trainer from weak to inadequate? or save up and spend neartly ten times that much on a good one?

Personally you want the best possible coach you can afford - tho thats just my opinion

Whats the best amount of players ?? i have 26

i fired the worst of my squad, leaving me with 22 players, four of whom are dross but i'm in no position to replace them with anything other than youth team players at the mo.

does anyone know how much cash we get for being promoted? £100k would do nicely.

the sinistry of mound enjoyed their biggest win of the season, 9-0 against an average human-team, which could be attributed to the new coach. my usual star player had an off game and the whole team responded by playing out of their skins.

we're the form team in the league and the top side is having a shocker, they drew 1-1 with a bot-team cutting their lead to one point (and a healthy goal difference). if they slip up again the title is there for the taking

Another 2-0 win and catching on second, although top of the league lost to a team about 5th, getting interesting, i should make it, sending my yoof to an international friendly to see how they get on, got alot of healthy looking 17/18 yr olds i am trying to blood, basically it's like a mini dutch revolution.

well....... played an international friendly tonight......... and it was the biggest disapointment ever. £4,000 to get there only to lose 12-0, spectator income was £4,500, so i get £500 for the privalige. Deep joy. TBF i put out a weak ass young team but they obviously didn't perform.

Oh well.

well....... played an international friendly tonight......... and it was the biggest disapointment ever. £4,000 to get there only to lose 12-0, spectator income was £4,500, so i get £500 for the privalige. Deep joy. TBF i put out a weak ass young team but they obviously didn't perform.

Oh well.

Yeah, i've stopped playing friendlies abroad, spending thousands just to get roundly beaten.

The strong yellow jet of my excellent league form is forcing at the pinched tip of the last three games. Amon Duul III stand 7 points adrift of 2nd place, with the top two still to play. The guy who took over the high-flying bot team has seen his form drop out of his grotty, sex-loose ringpiece. I will shaft him while he weeps.

Just picked up a bargain keeper. The run in will be tight.

The strong yellow jet of my excellent league form is forcing at the pinched tip of the last three games. Amon Duul III stand 7 points adrift of 2nd place, with the top two still to play. The guy who took over the high-flying bot team has seen his form drop out of his grotty, sex-loose ringpiece. I will shaft him while he weeps.

Just picked up a bargain keeper. The run in will be tight.

You have been challenged by So Unreal Stain!

And shaft him I did. The arrears are now 4 points, with 2 games to play. To an extent it's out of my hands now. I've won every game since taking charge, but I still need 2nd place to fail to win twice for me to get a sniff at promotion.

Bit of a dirty game for a friendly Stain! Losing a defender for three weeks is bad. He is one of my regulars. Have to hire a load of docs for speedy recovery!

Yeah, sorry about that. One of my CBs got crocked for the season too. Still you did absolutely destroy me on the pitch, if that's any consolation :)

The Sinistry of Mound fc are now starting to look much too good for league 7 and are itching for a greater challenge. I'm 99.9% promoted, a six point lead with two games left and a MASSIVE goal difference thanks in part to my second consecutive 9-0 win. I need just one point from my last two games against bot-teams. On Sunday the third place team play the top side, if they can force a draw then I could burgle the title at the death.

I guess like most of you, my team is picking up a lot of injuries at this point in the season, but these have nicely co-insided with reserve players coming good and earning some first team experience. The spine of my side is still fit and in great form, but their TSI's are plummeting at an alarming rate. Two of my key players are both 33 so I guess their playing days are coming to an end. What age do players usually retire at? Can I hope to get another couple of years out of them?

We won our first friendly last night (about chuffing time). I've almost got rid of all the deadwood that littered the squad when I took over. I somehow managed to buy a really good 20 year old midfielder for less than £5000. His form is dirt but it looks like he's been rotting in someones reserves all season, I played him last night and despite missing a couple of early chances he came away with two goals and a two star rating so he's in the first team for Sunday (fingers crossed).

I have a totally full on team for tomoz against a bot cos I need goals to go top on GD with my rival. He has one GD better than me currently. I then go to his park next week for the title but would like to be able to win the div with a draw if required at his place! Hoping for 8-0+ and no injuries and bookings! All or nothing time at So Unreal!

If anyone wants a friendly on Tues look up So Unreal!

Edited by TopGun

We're promoted up to league 6 with a rather fitting 6-0 win. Two of my young strikers got on the score sheet but the most satisfying aspect was our first capacity crowd of the season, almost twice as much as our previous biggest gate. 1st beat 3rd yesterday so it looks like we'll finish 2nd, but hey we've been 2nd all season so I guess that’s fair.

For those more experienced players, is the move from 7 to 6 particularly painful? Can I expect to get roundly thrashed for the first few weeks?

Another win for Amon Duul III, albeit at the cost even even more injuries. And now we come to crunch time. One point of second place, one match to go. I've got to beat the champions elect and hope for a favourable result elsewhere. And I've got to hope I don't suffer any more injuries in the midweek friendly or I may not be able to field a side at all...

We're promoted up to league 6 with a rather fitting 6-0 win. Two of my young strikers got on the score sheet but the most satisfying aspect was our first capacity crowd of the season, almost twice as much as our previous biggest gate. 1st beat 3rd yesterday so it looks like we'll finish 2nd, but hey we've been 2nd all season so I guess that’s fair.

For those more experienced players, is the move from 7 to 6 particularly painful? Can I expect to get roundly thrashed for the first few weeks?

I think you'll be ok Jeff from 7 to 6 as you'll probably have two or three bots in 6 which will ensure league safety and give you time to strengthen the squad as well. It took me about three seasons in 6 to become a proper title contender but much depends on the luck you have or don't have with competitors in the particular div 6 you end up in. FWIW I enjoy my div 6 as I have two main active rivals and we have also struck up a healthy competition which is fun. It also means when I get promoted to 5 I will go up as a quite strong squad because I have had to improve more while still in 6. I have to win on Sunday to get promotion to 5 at my main rival's ground and I don't think it will happen. That said, I would have enough points to gain auto promotion if it were done like that across all the 6 leagues as I am above the play-off points demarcation for first place winners.

Edited by TopGun

much depends on the luck you have or don't have with competitors in the particular div 6 you end up in.

i hear ya. its all about having a few good teams to really push you, as well as some bots so the points don't dry up completely. in my last two friendlies i've beaten league 6 reserve teams (with my first team, i admit:D) so i'm feeling fairly confident. i just hope and pray that my two massively important 33 year olds don't retire just yet.

It looks like in most league 6s you can stay up with 4 wins and the odd draw, so yeah, its all about who you get thrown in with.

i'm putting my reserves out on sunday as we're against a shoddy bot-team, we can still win the title but the top side would have to do something really stupid against the bottom side who have just 1 point to their name. its got upset written all over it :rolleyes:

i hear ya. its all about having a few good teams to really push you, as well as some bots so the points don't dry up completely. in my last two friendlies i've beaten league 6 reserve teams (with my first team, i admit:D) so i'm feeling fairly confident. i just hope and pray that my two massively important 33 year olds don't retire just yet.

It looks like in most league 6s you can stay up with 4 wins and the odd draw, so yeah, its all about who you get thrown in with.

i'm putting my reserves out on sunday as we're against a shoddy bot-team, we can still win the title but the top side would have to do something really stupid against the bottom side who have just 1 point to their name. its got upset written all over it :rolleyes:

I bang them off when they hit 29!! Some sucker will buy them without reading the rule book that states players go down hill from 30.

thank christy for hattrick, helping to take the edge off southampton's complete and absolute humiliation this season. now i waste all my time worrying about my hattrick side instead.

no drama on the last day so the sinistry of mound also finished second. the top side won 9-0 and we won 8-0, i played my reserve strikers and both came away with hattricks which pleased me deeply.

i'm thinking about blowing all my cash on adding several thousand more seats to the Kissmyface Areana as we had a full house last week. i'd rather do it now then try it half way through next season (if it goes fairly well).

is anyone else doing this international friendly tournament thing during the closed season? i thought i'd go and test my first team for next season.

Well done smirking saint

Thanks mate, hope you did ok

thank christy for hattrick, helping to take the edge off southampton's complete and absolute humiliation this season. now i waste all my time worrying about my hattrick side instead.

no drama on the last day so the sinistry of mound also finished second. the top side won 9-0 and we won 8-0, i played my reserve strikers and both came away with hattricks which pleased me deeply.

i'm thinking about blowing all my cash on adding several thousand more seats to the Kissmyface Areana as we had a full house last week. i'd rather do it now then try it half way through next season (if it goes fairly well).

is anyone else doing this international friendly tournament thing during the closed season? i thought i'd go and test my first team for next season.

Thought about doing this tournament, don't think i will do too well but worth the test.

Congrats mate, looking forward to my first full season and hope there are not as many bot teams but we shall see.

:smt041 to all those that did well this year. Up the netley. (in real life too lol)

I think I'll give it a miss and regroup the forces. Had three injured in the final game. Am going to used the close season to train goalkeeping.

Happy to do a reserve friendly etc - So Unreal in VI 46...

I think I'll give it a miss and regroup the forces. Had three injured in the final game. Am going to used the close season to train goalkeeping.

Happy to do a reserve friendly etc - So Unreal in VI 46...

I've already got a friendly booked for tomorrow night, is that the last of the season or do they keep on going?

i bought a keeper the other night with passable skills and a TSI of 2000 for £16,000. i'll train this one up and maybe see if i can make a quick profit, mainly cos he's on over a grand a week.

Another win for Amon Duul III, albeit at the cost even even more injuries. And now we come to crunch time. One point of second place, one match to go. I've got to beat the champions elect and hope for a favourable result elsewhere. And I've got to hope I don't suffer any more injuries in the midweek friendly or I may not be able to field a side at all...

So despite beating the top side, and despite my 10 victories on the bounce since taking over, second place managed to score a narrow win and leave me 1 point shy of promotion.

:(

Disappointing stuff and not really my fault, but I am going to absolutely spank this division next season.

they've announced the leagues for next season!!!

mine doesn't look too bad, only two bot-teams :(, a couple of really good sides, and a couple that, on alltid at least, look a bit ordinary.

going by the div 6 leagues this season, 14 points should be enough to keep you up, so i've set myself the target of 5 wins, 4 of which could come against the bot-teams.

i wanna start now!

ive got just 2 bots too, should be in with a shout of promotion

I expect to see you showing the rest of us how its done.

'I can feel it, coming in the air tonight...'

Thats right! It’s the magical night when hattrick sides all over Britain get dumped out of the cup by a cricket score.

I start the new season with a dilema that will probably be a constant theme, how to square up against a 3-4-3 with a midfield packed with 5 star players. The way I see it, I either play it safe and go 4-4-2, or do what most others do and play a 4-5-1, knowing that tonight at least my side's organisation will be all over the shop. Plus, playing one up front at home is asking for trouble, as well we know.

Oooeeeooo I'm looking forward to this! I've spent big in the window and I'm giving some new lads a run out tonight. 2 key decisions remain before start of season proper: Do I change my coach (he's rubbish but seemed sufficient last season)? And do I manage my own youth team? I think the answers are 'no' and 'yes' respectively, but I'll let tomorrow decide. Bring on tonight's humiliation... :smt041

Do I change my coach (he's rubbish but seemed sufficient last season)? And do I manage my own youth team? I think the answers are 'no' and 'yes' respectively, but I'll let tomorrow decide.

I'd recommend upgrading the coach if you can afford it, my team definately enjoyed a healthy bounce when the new guy came in. I'm currently deciding whether to scrape the cash togther to upgrade my coach again, or, build a load more fancy seats and push my capacity up to 16,000.

the mound crashed out of the cup last night, which was no great surprise, but it was in a particularly gaoling manner. It was all incredibly tight until the last ten minutes when we missed a sitter and then caved in like a cheap pack of cards :( the only plus points were the attendance (just under 12,000) and one of my spotty herberts got his first ever 3 star rating (so very proud).

there's good news though! they've announced the fixture list and three of my first four games are against bot-teams! so, if everything goes to plan we could have 9 points in the bag nice and early. that will make taking hidings off the big boys somewhat easier to swallow (my metaphor's turned wrong). the first game looks like its going to be really really tight, so a draw wouldn't be the end of the world. but if things go badly against the bot-teams, well, that doesn't bare thinking about.

I'd recommend upgrading the coach if you can afford it, my team definately enjoyed a healthy bounce when the new guy came in. I'm currently deciding whether to scrape the cash togther to upgrade my coach again, or, build a load more fancy seats and push my capacity up to 16,000.

The money's the only issue. I've put myself in a bit of debt bolstering the squad. But I did make one signing specifically to enable me to promote one of the senior players to coach. Managing the Youth Team is the big one though. It's got to be better than throwing money at a system and getting no decent players out of it. Anyone on here do this successfully?

Anyhow, got absolutely spanked last night by a team 2 flights above me. Took the lead but only really by accident. So concentrating on the league...

:smt041:smt029WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE, I SAID WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE:smt029:smt041

The mound eased their way into league 6 by beating a bot-team 6-0 and find themselves (for one week only) looking down on everyone else. I've set my sights on finishing forth (and if possible staying in the top four all season), behind the big three but above the 3 bot teams and rubbish human team. We'll get stuffed in the next match and then after that the next three games are against the dross. Whoop whoop!