Hattrick

TopGun

Got my hard fought win at main rivals, 1-2, so ought to complete the season in VI.46 with maximum points now :-)

Congratulations!

My top of the table clashes occurred at the mid-season point which seems a very long time ago. My previous three games have been against bots and my last two games of the season are against very poor human teams. Despite closing in on my first title, this season's conclusion has been a bit of an anti-climax. I've dropped too many points and conceeded too many goals to get automatic promotion, and my team haven't developed enough to seriously challenge a league 5 side in the play-offs. It will be all change next season though, Hattrick have announced that all the league 6 bot-teams are being relegated and replaced with human teams, so that should lead to a more challanging and interesting season for us, and for the first season at least, we'll be the big fish in the pond.

I've spent most of my money this season on developing the ground, capacity is around 29,000 now, and have decided to save all my remaining money, and all the cash I make next sesaon, to get a coach with solid skills and leadership, that'll be a cool £1.7 million please, 'oh well, I better just have the one then'.

Anyone else got any long term plans (apart from populating the surface of mars)?

I think I might be in a similar boat to you, Jeff. Another absolutely thumping win at the weekend keeps me top, with a whopping +72 GD. But I was caught napping in my first two games after promotion and those dropped points look like proving crucial. I actually reckon I could give a league V side a decent game, but that's in the future. Need to get past my only genuine challenger on the last day of the season.

My plans for the close-season involve promoting 2 or 3 from the youth team and getting them up to speed, promoting a senior player to coach (much cheaper than hiring externally) and possible modest stadium expansion, while leaving something in the ol' warchest for a decent fullback.

Well, it looks like the season that promised much is coming to an end and the team will be lounging around in second place. A shame really, a team that has dominated the scoring charts.

Last seasons championship winning side and unfortunate promotion losers were unable to repeat the form of last year (unbeaten) and found themselves losing two games to the seasons other challengers. A season of building a decent youth team and strengthening the side with two excellent stikers, an excellent defender and midfielder just did not pay off.

I have improved the Arena to 26,750, with work going on to bring it up to 30k, i hope to improve some more to up the income, hopefully this will allow for me to piece together a better side for next year.

Top spot is still possible mind you, but not looking likely. Either way i can't see me being in the running for promotion this season even if i do win the league.

So, quick question, my youth team keeps getting battered, but seem to have some decent youngsters, how do you know where to play them ??

Edited by Smirking_Saint

Despite closing in on my first title, this season's conclusion has been a bit of an anti-climax.

oh god

my seniors just lost 2-1 away to a bot-team

i'll just repeat that

my...seniors....just....lost....to....a....bot-team

nope, it doesn't sound any better the second time round. it was one of the better ones, and the pitch was a boggy marsh and my players like to play creatively, but it just sums up the the end of season slump my side has been hinting at for a while. the strange thing is that the majority of my players got good ratings, two of my defenders even managed career-best star-ratings, but they just couldn't create any chances.

due to a fairly healthy goal difference, if i win my last game of the season, against a very weak human-team, then i'll get the league title (unless we scrape a win and my rivals win their last game 17 nil) but now i'm taking nothing for granted.

maybe its the crisis before a storming play-off performance, but that's the longest of long shots.

bring on next season where all the bots will be replaced by league 7 human teams, playing against rubbish all season has definitely made us weaker.

Erk!

Went out and bought a full back before the close-season rush and despite checking for temperament and all that stuff, he sent team morale plummeting. Just about scraped a 3-2 against a **** team at home. Now it's down to me and the other decent human team, on level points going into the last game. A draw would be enough for me, but he did spank me in the opening match.

Good luck to everyone with championship deciders today. After last week's 'blip' I'm feeling very confident of wrapping things up with a home game against a rubbish human-team. Huge crowds have gathered and can be heard singing...

'we're gonna win the league, we're gonna win the league, but then we'll get dicked in the play-offs, but then we'll get dicked in the play-offs, but then we'll get dicked in the play---offs, but at least we'll win the league'.

bless the fans.

Stuck my kids out for Boca Ribbo's last game against the bottom bot side and won 3-0 with 3 of my 18year old def's getting on the score sheet! finished 5th in the end, happy days!

Promoted 3 kids in the last 3 weeks, 2 passable defs who both have a speciality and 1 inadequate winger, they are the best of the none scouted players in my YA, hopefully next season a lot of the Solid YA players i have will come through and be worth a lot more.

the advice given on this thread about playing 5 in midfield paid off for me, any suggestions for next season? should i work on the stadium get it over 20/30k? get a better trainer (mines passable with not so good experience/leadership cost me 100,000+ at the start of the season) or buy in as many "excellent" players as possible :)

After last week's 'blip' I'm feeling very confident of wrapping things up with a home game against a rubbish human-team.

After conceding a goal softer than a pillow-case full of kitten's sighs in the third minute, the mound went on to win 7-1 and take our first league title. Even sweeter was the fact my front two were joint top scorers in the league, earning me a cool €20,000. The league V team I've been paired off with for the play-off look ridiculously good though.

Full set! Auto promotion. Yay.

Fair play TG, is this your first bite at V.5 (I'm assuming that’s the league you've gone up to)?

:(

thats a ******** **** mother-******* shame

any suggestions for next season? should i work on the stadium get it over 20/30k? get a better trainer (mines passable with not so good experience/leadership cost me 100,000+ at the start of the season) or buy in as many "excellent" players as possible :)

I'm planning on taking the 'build up the stadium, spend all my cash on a decent trainer' route. After the home leg of the play-off I'll have a million in the bank and I'm keeping an eye on transfer prices just in case I swerve off and decide to blow the lot on players. I'd want to get 2 or 3 players who can regularly get 5 star ratings but it seems a million quid won't go that far in the transfer market. so my plan is -

1. get a solid trainer

2. then maybe get a player or two

3. then upgrade the ground so I can get £250,000 per home game (I'm guessing that will be a capacity of 35,000ish). if all goes well, this could all be done by the end of next season.

4. and then start saving to upgrade the trainer again

Bah! Lost heavily to my only real rivals and so pipped for top spot. Ho-hum, I'll be stronger next year.

Already promoted one of my senior players to a coaching role, which ought to provoke an improvement. There's some more deadwood to be cut from my squad, and at least three very promising youth players to promote so hopefully will be able to avoid spending too much. If all goes to plan I can allow for a little stadium expansion...

is this the link to it?

http://hattrick.org/

how difficult is it to start this game and is it free?

it's not difficult really once you get used to it a little, it's free but you can pay £3 a month for some extras, but you can play fine free (change formations + tactics etc)..

It's also an excellent slow burner, if you wish you can set games up a couple of weeks in advance, you dont have to log on every day etc.

i got promoted....i think. Its the end of the season, got a friendly tonight, but then what? when is the next set of fixtures out? Do i get money for getting promoted?

you get 60k or 100k i think depending on 1st/2nd, your Jay Guest looks the business, i made a group on alltid that has most of the teams in this thread listed, im 2 seasons in and your already beating me on progress :)

http://alltid.org/group/34178/

Mr Guest does pwn.

What does that table show?

How do i tell which position to play my defenders in? Like CB, LB, RB etc....? I bought a bloke with an unpronounceable name who was solid and he has been helmet

if you've got a player with good winger skills and defending skills he can play well as a fullback if you've got a crap young winger who has some defending skills then training defending will quickly boost him upto a semi decent VII fullback if you play him all the time.

that sites useful for comparing teams, looking at previous games to see how opponents play and work out from the values how strong they're midfield is when playing, also looking at players histories to see where they play strongest, highest rating, how many seasons they've been playing and all sorts of other **** like loddar stats i dont understand.

Saturday 12th of December/Sunday 13th of December 2009

• Last match of the season

• Money for top scorers

• Opponent in qualifiers is known

Monday 14th of December 2009

• Ownerless teams are botified

Tuesday 15th of December/Wednesday 16th of December 2009

• Regular friendlies

Saturday 19th of December/Sunday 20th of December 2009

• Qualifiers

• Prize money

• Promotion money

• Fees paid by your fans

• +10% fans for promoted teams

• -10% fans for demoted teams

• Medals show up (only for Hattrick Supporters)

• Promotion/demotion (The "Bots to the bottom" should have occurred by this point)

Monday 21st of December 2009

• Season break for the Youth leagues *****il 27th of December 2009)

Tuesday 22nd of December/Wednesday 23rd of December 2009

• Regular friendlies

• Cup draw is made - this may take some time to be shown

Friday 25th December

• Christmas Day!

Saturday 26th December/Sunday 27th of December 2009

• Reset of team spirit, confidence, supporter mood (not completely), sponsors' mood (there is no reset of the players' form!)

• No league games

Monday 28th of December 2009

• Red/Yellow cards are removed

• Match schedule for the next season is created - this may take some time

• Ownerless teams are botified

• The elections for the new U-20 coach start officially in all countries (more information on this will follow at an appropriate moment).

Tuesday 29th of December/Wednesday 30th of December 2009

• First cup round for all qualified teams

• Unqualified teams are able to play a friendly match

Friday 1st of January 2010

• New Years Day!

Saturday 2nd of January/Sunday 3rd of January 2010

• First league match of the new season

More league 6 action for the sinistry of mound next season :-\"

I had my play-off match yesterday against a pretty decent league 5 side, and my main hope was that we didn't find ourselves 2-0 down in the first ten minutes and end up being humiliated. As it turned out, we held our own for most of the first half (thanks in part to the woodwork) but two goals before the break and two more in the second half saw us comfortably beaten. If I'd been offered 4-0 before the game, I wouldn't have bitten the proverbial hand off, but I grudgingly would have accepted it.

The only real disappointment was the amount of cash we made from the affair, for league games they regularly get 55 - 60,000 but for the play-off, the crowd was just over 30,000. I'll have to wait until the start of the new season before I can get my new million-pound coach in place.

i made a group on alltid that has most of the teams in this thread listed, im 2 seasons in and your already beating me on progress :)

http://alltid.org/group/34178/

Good work! I'm delighted to see that I'm paying my players peanuts :smt079

My league V looks tough but I am glad to see that the other one new entrant from VI looks far weaker than So Unreal and there also seems to be a bot still, that might help my chances of survival next season.

I anticipate a lower end struggle still. However I did spend loads of money on posh seats that never got filled in VI so that might help me with revenue, I hope.

new coach (mine sucks ass) or upgrade the stadium for extra revenue?

if you've got a weak trainer then get a passable or solid trainer asap, your players will improve a lot faster (especially the younguns)

however if you have fairly established teams in your division you'll fill out your stadium everytime you play them at home, I got a trainer first and then used every 50-60k gate to upgrade the stadium.

Who has everyone got in the cup? I've got a lower division bot team, so should be effectively a bye and a good run out for some of my new players.

I've got a league 7 bot-team to ease me into the season, I'll probably put out a half and half mixture of reserves and first team. And then, unless the new human teams improve dramatically, the first league game of the season will have a huge say on who wins the league :rolleyes:

I anticipate a lower end struggle still. However I did spend loads of money on posh seats that never got filled in VI so that might help me with revenue, I hope.

oo-pardon. seriously though, best of luck in league 5, I bet its going to be a tough season for you. and yeah, I found the same thing with posh seats, the fans don't want to sit in them, I just assumed that my ground was located in a working-class part of town. but from now on I'll be adding to the cheap seats and terraces and pushing capacity up to 35,000. As you go up the leagues you'll probably get a better class of fan, willing to spend a few extra quid.

I beat my main rivals 3-1 yesterday which gives me a huge advantage in my bid to retain the league 6 title. Presently, they're the only other decent side in the league so it looks like it will be a case of not dropping points against the meh sides and hoping I can get a big advantage in goal difference for the away leg on the last game of the season.

Tomorrow night I've got a league 6 team in the cup, and even though the fans think they have the edge, I reckon I can have them and progress into the third round. It should be exciting either way.

Is anyone going to take part in the mentoring scheme? I'm quite tempted.