Everton 1 Saints 1

St Chalet

Just seen Garth Crooks team of the week, including Nathan Redmond.

Crooks sets out his view:

Nathan Redmond: Why oh why didn't Nathan Redmond start against Everton? There was so much depending on this game and a team like Southampton needed pace and a goal, and Redmond had both in him.

Then in the same article he includes this stat:

Did you know? Redmond's goal was his first in the Premier League this season with what was his 40th shot of this campaign.

Think about it for a moment Garth. Not difficult.

Thick sod.

Just seen Garth Crooks team of the week, including Nathan Redmond.

Crooks sets out his view:

Then in the same article he includes this stat:

Think about it for a moment Garth. Not difficult.

Thick sod.

Also has a massive dig at Hughes !

Obviously the linesman was too close and if you look at it from his angle he couldn't see the foot of green grass between the ball and the line. It's the angle of the camera that makes it look obvious :lol:

I am sure Whitey can defend this one! Me I am getting a bit concerned we have upset the establishment by trying to get to the top six a few years ago. I blame this season on a number of reasons. 1. Puel leaving an ailing side 2. Pellegrino contriving to make it worse. 3. The poison in the camp instigated by a striking van **** and lastly the board for not getting a grip earlier and making changes (where are all the it was wrong to sack Puel journalists now. He has shown he can come in and have a good start with an already decent squad the proceeds to train the football and spirit out of them). The officiating I will leave out because everyone says it balances itself out so as it has been so bad this season we should have a good season coming up:smug:

Nah, I can’t defend that, the ball is well over the line. It is possible sometimes to see some grass between the line and the ball because the far side of the ball can overhang the edge of the line but not in this case.

Well out of play but to be fair this is not something that you see very often, if ever.

Nah, I can’t defend that, the ball is well over the line. It is possible sometimes to see some grass between the line and the ball because the far side of the ball can overhang the edge of the line but not in this case.

Well out of play but to be fair this is not something that you see very often, if ever.

Indeed... normally it's the opposite and they give them as soon as about half the ball is over the line.

I wasn’t going to bother but here I am and this is in way of an explanation. MOTD put their white cross in the wrong place, which is not unusual for them. They put it where the ball was when the whistle was blown, which is a common misconception, but that’s not where Moss considered the foul to have taken place, which was where Redmond grabbed at Funes Mori’s arm. Granted, this was out nearer the touch line but the position that the kick was taken from was no nearer our goal.

One important aspect is that Redmond is busy complaining to the referee instead of facing up to them and preventing them taking it quickly and this will have distracted Moss at that precise moment. Up at that end of the pitch no official is going to get overly concerned about a few yards either way.

The referee thought it was a free kick which is all that mattered. You might think otherwise, I might not have given it, but many others would. The fact that the Assistant didn’t flag is not relevant. They will only flag for obvious fouls where they think the ref might have missed it, and having flagged a ref will not overrule them. In most cases these decisions are left to the referee which is why the Assistant has a flag but the ref has a whistle.

Timekeeping. The match had been stopped at 90 minutes and restarted at 91:25.

There are several footballing maxims but the most important are ‘play to the whistle’ and ‘the ref is not always right, but he’s never wrong’

We paid the price for having Yoshida sent off, and there’s nobody else to blame for that, and for Bertrand not only keeping the ball in play but passing it back to them and then being out of position when they played it forward.

Lol of course Motd got it wrong, the other night y. ou had downloaded the incident and the ball was no further forward.

Your pro ref stance is tiresome. He got it wrong and that cost us, yes the players were at fault as well but the ref influenced the final result by incompetance

If we had won the danger would have been to go to Swansea with a mentaility that a draw is enough and get beaten. We now know that a win will keep us up. Change in psychology is not so bad. We are playing well and are on a mini run. Just have to keep it going.

You are a genius!

The Everton equalizer ultimately kept us up. If they hadn't scored we might have lost last night.

If only we'd known that at the time....