Alex Crook claims interested parties in Saints takeover

Smirking_Saint

https://twitter.com/alex_crook/status/1356747872260263936?s=21

Effectively Crook has stated that he has been told since the De Grossa exclusivity period has ended there are a number of parties interested in looking at Saints

Could very well just be a shot in the dark soundbite but obviously could add a hint of hope that our current ownership situation may be on borrowed time

• Like 1

Just now, Smirking_Saint said:

https://twitter.com/alex_crook/status/1356747872260263936?s=21

Effectively Crook has stated that he has been told since the De Grossa exclusivity period has ended there are a number of parties interested in looking at Saints

Could very well just be a shot in the dark soundbite but obviously could add a hint of hope that our current ownership situation may be on borrowed time

I’m not even sure the exclusivity period was even real?  

It would be good, but so many bad potential owners out there as the Burnley deal shows.

Gao is pretty neutral, he just won't invest anything and we are hamstrung by previous transfer failings we are still trying to recover from.

Even someone with a small amount of cash to invest each year would probably help massively, I think in usual circumstances, i.e. non-Covid we can probably afford to maybe sign £30 million worth of transfers without having to sell, so someone who could maybe push that £50-60 million would help a lot, if we could improve the squad each year with 2-3 key signings. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

It would be good, but so many bad potential owners out there as the Burnley deal shows.

Gao is pretty neutral, he just won't invest anything and we are hamstrung by previous transfer failings we are still trying to recover from.

Even someone with a small amount of cash to invest each year would probably help massively, I think in usual circumstances, i.e. non-Covid we can probably afford to maybe sign £30 million worth of transfers without having to sell, so someone who could maybe push that £50-60 million would help a lot, if we could improve the squad each year with 2-3 key signings. 

Good post.  It's difficult to remember after last night but there are worse owners out there than Gao, since he's been in charge we've brought in Ralph and Semmens and our transfer quality has improved.  Most of that is because he's fairly hands off, but there are definitely worse options out there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Good post.  It's difficult to remember after last night but there are worse owners out there than Gao, since he's been in charge we've brought in Ralph and Semmens and our transfer quality has improved.  Most of that is because he's fairly hands off, but there are definitely worse options out there.

Exactly he could be interfering and changing things, he doesn't and he's appointed good people to run the club, who have instigated changes to improve things behind the scenes. 

But financially we are still dealing with Carrillo, Hoedt, Lemina, the Forster contract, Elynoussi etc.  Probably over £100 million in transfer fees and wages wasted, if not more, on players that have basically made very little contribution to the club and several of them are still probably dragging the wage bill down. 

• Like 2