Southampton fc season so far

Saintsenthusiast99

Hi All, 

I am extremely new to this but thought i would give this ago. I have supported Southampton FC all my life like most people here. 

I have seen a lot recently calling for the sacking of manager Ralph Hassenhuttl but unlike others I strongly disagree with this statement. Okay there have been numerous questionable decisions when it comes to team selection but we all know that Ralph has always rotated the squad since he became our Boss. He has proved that despite results on the pitch he still continues to have faith in the team. The 9-0 against Leicester last season was an extremely disappointing result for all saints form which then saw the dropping of Angus Gunn from the team and ultimately led to him leaving the club on loan. We then as a club bounced back from this result to avoid relegation in true saints fashion.

This season has been very different compared to last, playing behind closed doors for almost a year can’t be good on players mental health. Again this season we saw another disappointing result against Manchester united which saw the team lose 9-0. But what is different this time? Well the team then lost 6 games on the bounce that being the worst run in the clubs history. But the question is why hasn’t the keeper been rotated once again it goes without saying the defence in front have to be better but we have seen this season that in the four games Fraser Forster has played he has kept 4 clean sheets does anyone else believe he should be given a chance.

Moving on to before this poor run of form we had a very strong start to the season sitting in the top half of the table for the first couple of months until the win against Liverpool. That's when the season started collapsing. 6 defeats on the bounce is very disappointing from a fans perspective but in this time we have been dealt numerous injury blows like Kyle Walker- Peters, Theo Walcott, Ibrahima Diallo and now Oriol Romeu for the rest of the season. But also decisions from VAR and the referees but this can’t be to blame for this poor run of form. Where do the team go from here? Who replaces Romeu in the Central of midfield? Who would you like to see play upfront to see if the team can get back on track?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Saintsenthusiast99 said:

Hi All, 

I am extremely new to this but thought i would give this ago. I have supported Southampton FC all my life like most people here. 

I have seen a lot recently calling for the sacking of manager Ralph Hassenhuttl but unlike others I strongly disagree with this statement. Okay there have been numerous questionable decisions when it comes to team selection but we all know that Ralph has always rotated the squad since he became our Boss. He has proved that despite results on the pitch he still continues to have faith in the team. The 9-0 against Leicester last season was an extremely disappointing result for all saints form which then saw the dropping of Angus Gunn from the team and ultimately led to him leaving the club on loan. We then as a club bounced back from this result to avoid relegation in true saints fashion.

This season has been very different compared to last, playing behind closed doors for almost a year can’t be good on players mental health. Again this season we saw another disappointing result against Manchester united which saw the team lose 9-0. But what is different this time? Well the team then lost 6 games on the bounce that being the worst run in the clubs history. But the question is why hasn’t the keeper been rotated once again it goes without saying the defence in front have to be better but we have seen this season that in the four games Fraser Forster has played he has kept 4 clean sheets does anyone else believe he should be given a chance.

Moving on to before this poor run of form we had a very strong start to the season sitting in the top half of the table for the first couple of months until the win against Liverpool. That's when the season started collapsing. 6 defeats on the bounce is very disappointing from a fans perspective but in this time we have been dealt numerous injury blows like Kyle Walker- Peters, Theo Walcott, Ibrahima Diallo and now Oriol Romeu for the rest of the season. But also decisions from VAR and the referees but this can’t be to blame for this poor run of form. Where do the team go from here? Who replaces Romeu in the Central of midfield? Who would you like to see play upfront to see if the team can get back on track?

If your new on here and you start a topic you’ll get the insecurities of members who’ve been on here few seasons and will feel threatened you’ve actually posted summit genuine and better presented than they’ve mustered up in a while so will circle round your post like vulture Waiting for another snow flake poster to Wade in on your rotting meat (you dared to start a topic)put ya snow ❄️ shoes on cos there’s a few snow ❄️ flakes on here to de ice mush ! #upthescumarmy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

The season or the post?

Have you nothing constructive to say ever - someone new posts and you and your ilk have to trample all over them as the forum overlords? Feel sorry for you. I know I guess I have taken the bait. Take a break you and the other constant bores on here and welcome some fresh blood/thoughts, unless of course this is an exclusive club?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Saintsenthusiast99 said:

Hi All, 

Personally I would like to see Jankewitz given an extended run in the team. He has been touted as a excellent prospect so its either now or never for me. Also would change to a 532 with 3 cms, possibly jwp stephens and jankewitz in there with ings and adams up top. Need to be more solid when we lose the ball.

Welcome to the forum 

7 hours ago, Red said:

Have you nothing constructive to say ever - someone new posts and you and your ilk have to trample all over them as the forum overlords? Feel sorry for you. I know I guess I have taken the bait. Take a break you and the other constant bores on here and welcome some fresh blood/thoughts, unless of course this is an exclusive club?

Totally agtee with this.  Spirited debate is fine, and strong disagreements, but smart arse trollers are a waste of everybody's time. The OP took the time and effort to register and post. Give her or him a break.

Edited by Jeremy

7 hours ago, Red said:

“Trample all over them” nothing like a bit of hyperbole to when you’re thumping away at your keyboard

8 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Totally agtee with this.  Spirited debate is fine, and strong disagreements, but smart arse trollers are a waste of everybody's time. 

Reply to a post reply to someone they think is a troll is a great use of your time though right?

Welcome to saintsweb saint enthusiast 99, great to have you with us, sorry your first thread has been taken over by whiners but back on track given we’ve got so few options with a ridiculous amount of injuries it’s not so much a question of who we want to see but who is there that can. Whilst Diallo is out I’d give Jankewitz another go, up front Tella did alright. Not really seen anything in the other youngsters to think they’re able to step up yet.

You're very argumentative (about trivia). I agree with some of your posts but there is also too much sour bulllshit where you metaphorically play the man or woman (personal attacks) and not the ball ie say something constructive. The technical term is ad hominem argumentation. The common term is ignorance. Can I suggest we now close this short discussion?

I think this season has highlighted the shocking recruitment we had in the last 18 months or so of Reed and Kruger. 5 or 6 supposed first team players out on loan is simply unsustainable for a club our size. Factor into that Boufal and Carillo also just being able to leave, it really does become a shit show behind the scenes. This is why we have such a small squad, that are unable to cope with the injuries that we have had. The squad depth isn't there because we have filled it up with players that aren't good enough or have over inflated opinions of themselves. 

I know it's difficult to predict injuries etc, but the signing of Walcott was, in hindsight not a great move. It was pretty obvious that he was going to get injured at some stage in the season, a player relying on pace as he does would invariably do so at some stage considering his age too. Better to have used that loan space in an area where we were lacking. The same with Mini,when it was obvious we couldn't get a full back in, surely we should have looked at CM instead. 

I always thought that Ralplh's words about working with a small squad would come back to haunt us.