Saints/Burnley Comparisons

SaintBobby

1 minute ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Sorry, I didn’t realise there were rules around picking hypothetical teams. Are they published anywhere, I wouldn’t want to make the same mistake again. 

The rules for this hypothetical team were set out in this thread when the discussion was started on 3rd May with the question... "Just out of interest which Burnley players do you think would get in our team?". On the 3rd May... Bertrand was a Southampton player. He also remains a Southampton player until 30th June 2021 and that is 6 weeks away!

It doesn't really matter who the players are, because we've been in the top flight for 44 out of 55 seasons and Burnley haven't. 

Speaking personally, I have absolutely no idea what relevance this has to anything but some geniuses do, and they must be correct.

2 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

The rules for this hypothetical team were set out in this thread when the discussion was started on 3rd May with the question... "Just out of interest which Burnley players do you think would get in our team?". On the 3rd May... Bertrand was a Southampton player. He also remains a Southampton player until 30th June 2021 and that is 6 weeks away!

Oh I see. So if I wanted to discuss which Burnley players would get in our team on 1st July 2021, I’d have to start another thread? Complicated isn’t it? 

1 minute ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Oh I see. So if I wanted to discuss which Burnley players would get in our team on 1st July 2021, I’d have to start another thread? Complicated isn’t it? 

It is blindingly obvious having Taylor as a left back is better than having no left back at all. But when you do a team of the season for the 2020/21 season, Bertrand was our left back for that season. Not sure why this is hard to grasp.

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

It is blindingly obvious having Taylor as a left back is better than having no left back at all. But when you do a team of the season for the 2020/21 season, Bertrand was our left back for that season. Not sure why this is hard to grasp.

So if a player is injured, he can’t appear in your hypothetical 11? What about suspension, can you pick them if they’re serving a ban on the date the thread starts ? As I said, complicated stuff. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

So if a player is injured, he can’t appear in your hypothetical 11? What about suspension, can you pick them if they’re serving a ban on the date the thread starts ? As I said, complicated stuff. 

I did not say that.

Plus a hypothetical of 'is player X better than having no player at all in that position?' really is not a question worth asking. As it is beyond obvious! 🙄