Saints fans outside the area.

Nieldy

I'm based in Lowestoft....the far East! 

Grew up in Netley and Hamble and am a ST holder.....manage to see most home games but it's getting more difficult with the cost of fuel and a 4-5 hour each way journey. Get to a few away games (Cambridge in the cup was nice and easy!) each year and will carry on whilst I am able.

Couple of local Saints fans and we have done a couple of shared trips...Wembley for the final and semi-final but difficult with work patterns to coordinate...I'm now mostly retired so have time but less money...happy to talk to anyone between Lowestoft and Southampton re sharing some cost?

• Like 2

Lived in York since 2010 having been to games infrequently while living in Winchester and Horsham while growing up, was born on IoW so that could have gone either way I guess!  First game at The Dell was against Villa in April 1982 when we lost 0-3. 

Last went to a home game at St Mary's in 2015 purposely to seal the allegiance of my two lads (6 & 5 at the time), we beat Hull 2-0 and Pelle scored right in front of them - so job done!  Don't get to many games due to work, but i've seen the U23's a couple of times vs Leeds.

Apart from my two there's another couple of lads in their junior football team that support Saints, it's quite funny being up here and seeing four or five lads running round in Saints kit outnumbering those in Leeds, United or Liverpool kits.

I've met another four Saints supporters up here through friends, which isn't bad going. 

We were in Turkey the other week and my lads are now wearing my old 90's Saints shirts between them when an Asian guest at the hotel rushed up to them beaming and speaking excitedly about their shirts - he didn't speak much English but we managed to establish he'd been a Saints fan since the early 2000's. 

• Like 2

Another Yorkshire exile here! Born in Fareham, was at Price's School a year ahead of a certain Moran, S.

Due to shiftwork (ATC at West Drayton then Swanwick) and inability to get tickets didn't become a regular until my Dad got a job at OPCS alongside Tommy Hare, an ex-Saint who could get tickets. In the last season at the Dell, was right behind the goal when Matty scored in the last game 🙂 then finally got a season ticket at SMS - explains my username - which I kept until early retirement in '16 and moved to Scarborough so we could pay off the mortgage and buy a big house for the same price as a garden shed down South... Keep my Saints fix courtesy of Adam Blackmore and a VPN for the dodgy feeds!

I'm now a ST holder at Scarborough Athletic, who got promoted to the Nat. League North last season and are off to a flyer again. Manager is Jono Greening, ex Boro, WBA etc and a nice bloke. Neil Warnock, an ex-manager comes to the odd game as well and I also met Geoff Boycott at the cricket festival here so it's a pretty good place for sporting celebs! Not bumped into many Saints but my replica tops do start conversations and people are generally complimentary about the club. Football is becoming a thing here with the success of the Athletic, they've sold about 750 shirts so far this season and attendances are up to a couple of thousand with 600-ish travelling away to Farsley (Leeds) a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks to all the posters on here for keeping us exiles informed, exasperated occasionally, and entertained! (Sorry/not sorry for the Oxford comma, Mzz Coffey)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, 31cc said:

Another Yorkshire exile here! Born in Fareham, was at Price's School a year ahead of a certain Moran, S.

Due to shiftwork (ATC at West Drayton then Swanwick) and inability to get tickets didn't become a regular until my Dad got a job at OPCS alongside Tommy Hare, an ex-Saint who could get tickets. In the last season at the Dell, was right behind the goal when Matty scored in the last game 🙂 then finally got a season ticket at SMS - explains my username - which I kept until early retirement in '16 and moved to Scarborough so we could pay off the mortgage and buy a big house for the same price as a garden shed down South... Keep my Saints fix courtesy of Adam Blackmore and a VPN for the dodgy feeds!

I'm now a ST holder at Scarborough Athletic, who got promoted to the Nat. League North last season and are off to a flyer again. Manager is Jono Greening, ex Boro, WBA etc and a nice bloke. Neil Warnock, an ex-manager comes to the odd game as well and I also met Geoff Boycott at the cricket festival here so it's a pretty good place for sporting celebs! Not bumped into many Saints but my replica tops do start conversations and people are generally complimentary about the club. Football is becoming a thing here with the success of the Athletic, they've sold about 750 shirts so far this season and attendances are up to a couple of thousand with 600-ish travelling away to Farsley (Leeds) a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks to all the posters on here for keeping us exiles informed, exasperated occasionally, and entertained! (Sorry/not sorry for the Oxford comma, Mzz Coffey)

My old man was an atc at West Drayton and Swanwick too, you may know him - first name Mike and you'd get the rest from my username if you knew him! He retired around the same time iirc when they started doing redundancies. It's how I ended up growing up in the area. Small world?

Edited by gsweet87

On 06/09/2022 at 15:05, Gurj said:

Currently in deepest Thailand around 575 km north east of Bangkok. Been living overseas in many places for over 20 years. 

Last time I went to a game was 2018. Stoke and Brighton. Both draws. Both terrible games. 

Grew up in Shirley mainly, through the 1970's. Saw my first game in 1979. Very unlikely I'll be back any be back anytime soon. But I have IPTV so can watch all games. 

There's a few Thai links on the forum. I'm in Winchester, but my dad splits his time between Chiang Mai and Korat; and Mrs Suhari is from Kalasin.

Curious where you are?

21 hours ago, Suhari said:

There's a few Thai links on the forum. I'm in Winchester, but my dad splits his time between Chiang Mai and Korat; and Mrs Suhari is from Kalasin.

Curious where you are?

I am in Kalasin myself right now. There is another Saints fan here also. Two, in a town as small as Kalasin in the middle of Thailand. There is also a Pompey fan and a Brighton fan here. I also spend a lot of time in other places, usually either Jomtien seeing friends or Bangkok with old buddies. I may well know your dad if he freequents any of the Kalasin bars (all two of them).

• Like 1