Palace 1-0 Saints - Match Thread

Jack

1 hour ago, rooney said:

Nobody would care if Che missed three easy chances each game as long as he scored one goal a game. He does not do that.

That would mean we create 4 good chances for him in every game which isn't happening while Ralph is in charge.

5 hours ago, rooney said:

Nobody would care if Che missed three easy chances each game as long as he scored one goal a game. He does not do that.

Do we create three simple chances a game? 

If our strikers created chances for themselves, either through their pace, skills or arial ability, then you could live with them missing some of them, but if you have strikers that need teeing up, then you want those strikers to be pretty clinical. 

On 30/10/2022 at 09:24, Saint Fan CaM said:

That’s because Ings actually moved into dangerous positions and created chances for himself.

Exactly that. My memory is that Ings got very little service from the midfield. He seemed to be able to conjure a goal from nothing. 

• Like 1

On 30/10/2022 at 11:04, whelk said:

Whipping boys my arse. It is the sanctimonious who always want to polarise who get on my tits. Che has missed loads lately and cost us.  JWP has been shite.  Just because he has been better previously doesn’t make him beyond criticism.

Totally agree. I don't consider JWP a very good player, even at his best, but I don't consider him a whipping boy.  He just needs to be dropped for a while. At his best, he's a decent back-up...just like Koeman used him. I don't question his effort, he's just not very good.It's not his fault that the club, inexplicably, made him the highest paid player or that supporters went a bit nuts because he scored a few goals last season....or, that Ralph seems to have his name first on every team sheet.

There are others who did become whipping boys for no apparent reason...McCarthy & Redmond for sure couldn't do anything right in the fan's eyes. I would love to have Redmond back even if his creativity only shone through a couple of times a game, it was more than we have now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jabei said:

Totally agree. I don't consider JWP a very good player, even at his best, but I don't consider him a whipping boy.  He just needs to be dropped for a while. At his best, he's a decent back-up...just like Koeman used him. I don't question his effort, he's just not very good.It's not his fault that the club, inexplicably, made him the highest paid player or that supporters went a bit nuts because he scored a few goals last season....or, that Ralph seems to have his name first on every team sheet.

There are others who did become whipping boys for no apparent reason...McCarthy & Redmond for sure couldn't do anything right in the fan's eyes. I would love to have Redmond back even if his creativity only shone through a couple of times a game, it was more than we have now.

For me, it's not about the players (I'm sure we have creative players), it's about they way they are being told to play. you cannot be creative, if you play sideways sideways backwards football. RH needs to go, his football has become tedious. 

• Like 3