Player Wage Bill

spyinthesky

I reckon we now have 30 players in our 1st team squad.

I think we are allowed 25 plus any U21's who are probably Lavia, Edozie, Larios, Livramento and Alcarez??

The player wage bill was around £57m last year. It must be more now.

According to information from the site Capology Premier Wage Bills are as follows:

Chelsea               £202m
Man Utd              £196m
Man City             £195m (+ £25m bonus to Haarland)
Liverpool             £162m
Spurs                   £109m
Arsenal                £100m
Villa                      £91m
Newcastle           £85m 
West Ham           £82m
Everton               £80m
Leicester             £78m
N Forest              £72m
C Palace              £67m
SAINTS                  £57m
Fulham                 £54m
Leeds                   £53m
Wolves                  £51m
B'mouth                £42m
Brighton               £39m
Brentford             £32m

If the figures are correct goes to show how much Bang For Bucks Brighton and Brentford are achieving

Edited by spyinthesky
Correction on figures

There was a post similar to this a few days ago, but I think you forget how much the likes of Romeu, Redmond, Forster and co were on. I'd say those 3 guys probably equated to near on 200k per week.

We've signed Edozie, Lavia, ABK, Bazunu, Larios in the summer who combined probably don't even get to Forsters wage. I think the wage bill has been trimmed if i'm honest.

Well when we go down DCC, Orsic, ABK, Salisu, KWP, Lavia, Onuacho, and probably Sulamana will all leave whether it be on loan or permanent. They're all international/highly rated players.

There's no way those players will be playing Championship football next season.

I think JWP will stay regardless now though. I just see him being here for life, and that is admirable if he does that. Just my personal opinion.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, spyinthesky said:

If the figures are correct goes to show how much Bang For Bucks Brighton and Brentford are achieving

That always happens with emerging clubs, we were similar in the Poch/Adkins seasons. Over the next couple of seasons, as contracts are up for renewal, agents will be demanding wages which match their players performances and threatening to leave if they don’t get them. The clubs will either have to cough up or risk losing out to those around them in the table.

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Well when we go down DCC, Orsic, ABK, Salisu, KWP, Lavia, Onuacho, and probably Sulamana will all leave whether it be on loan or permanent. They're all international/highly rated players.

I think JWP will stay regardless now though. I just see him being here for life, and that is admirable if he does that. Just my personal opinion.

It is presumed that the players contracts include a relegation clause which reduces players salaries by 50%.
If so JWP will see his salary reduced by £50k a week.
I think JWP is an admirable individual and a decent player but I wouldnt expect him to stay.
Also the club will need to sell him, and other saleable players, to help balance the books.
Some of the foreign players may be keen to return home or move on.
The average wage for a Championship player is around £20k pw with the highest earners on £40k pw, so Saints would be in a reasonable position for the period they benefit from the parachute payments.
After that they are basically at the mercy of continuing funding by the owners.
I reckon the club could sell around £100m worth of players fairly easily based on high player values at the moment.
However if all the inward transfer fees are added up, I reckon the club has spent a combined figure of £280 million on the current squad (plus Agents fees)
To my mind that is a sobering figure set against 15 points gained this year and a run of pretty poor League performances since the Koeman days.
That said, I reckon that if all players were sold off then the club could recoup all of the investment plus a profit.

Edited by spyinthesky
Correction on figures

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Not convinced all of them will leave. Onuachu has just come from the Belgian league, Orsic from the Croatian league, DCC has dropped off the international scene in recent years and Sulemana was a bit part player for Rennes towards the end. 

Yes it wont be what they signed up for, but the Championship is still one of the best European leagues outside the top 5. 

The deciding factors will be who is in charge of the team and the vision being sold by the owners. Get both right then players can be persuaded to stay and it could be a quick return to the PL. 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Player Wage Bill
3 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

There was a post similar to this a few days ago, but I think you forget how much the likes of Romeu, Redmond, Forster and co were on. I'd say those 3 guys probably equated to near on 200k per week.

We've signed Edozie, Lavia, ABK, Bazunu, Larios in the summer who combined probably don't even get to Forsters wage. I think the wage bill has been trimmed if i'm honest.

Not a chance in hell i fear Clarke, not when you add in our Jan signings and DCC (who you neglected). We're in the shit if we go down. Would maybe have been okay prior to the panic buying this january, but SR have really scatter shat the toilet this past month - so when we go down with their beloved hand picked manager, we'll have a huge set of wages and transfer fees to cover... The result will be that if/when we go down, there will be massive player churn - we're living beyond our means this season and that will have to be cut hugely to meet championship revenues and the EFL's FFP regulations. People seem to be forgetting the circa £80M loan against the club as well... We were planning on adding value to our players and selling them for a profit... not covering for relegation's drop in incomes.

Edited by Saint86