Positive aspects of being in the Championship

east-stand-nic

Up until the last two games I was quite looking forward to next seasons rebuild. But the nature of the rot that has set in to the team attitude, a total lack of effort, devoid of ideas and joy. Especially with the non-reaction in the Bournemouth match. I don't think that's something we can clear out over a summer.

Needs a very strong manager, willing to make the hard choices to instil a new way of playing. SRs record in appointing the right man is a 100% failure rate. 

Would not be in the least bit surprised if they kept Selles. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BotleySaint said:

Up until the last two games I was quite looking forward to next seasons rebuild. But the nature of the rot that has set in to the team attitude, a total lack of effort, devoid of ideas and joy. Especially with the non-reaction in the Bournemouth match. I don't think that's something we can clear out over a summer.

Needs a very strong manager, willing to make the hard choices to instil a new way of playing. SRs record in appointing the right man is a 100% failure rate. 

Would not be in the least bit surprised if they kept Selles. 

This for me, except the last sentence - they can’t keep Selles.

Our home form has been utter utter trash for so long, that habit doesn’t just change in the space of a few weeks. When we want down to L1, despite the takeover and quality signings, it took a few months to turn the form around and get into winning habits. Will take longer with this deep mess we’re in.

• Like 1

To be honest I really like the Championship. Most matches are 3pm Sat, it is really competitive and unlike the Premier league there are not seven or eight teams you know are going to be in their own mini billionaires league. 

Tickets are cheaper, we will probably win a few, some decent clubs to play and visit. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hotsaint said:

To be honest I really like the Championship. Most matches are 3pm Sat, it is really competitive and unlike the Premier league there are not seven or eight teams you know are going to be in their own mini billionaires league. 

Tickets are cheaper, we will probably win a few, some decent clubs to play and visit. 

No price cap on away tickets down there so a fair few charge over £30 you get up here. Plus I'm pretty sure that we will freeze our prices. 

12 hours ago, ErwinK1961 said:

This for me, except the last sentence - they can’t keep Selles.

Our home form has been utter utter trash for so long, that habit doesn’t just change in the space of a few weeks. When we want down to L1, despite the takeover and quality signings, it took a few months to turn the form around and get into winning habits. Will take longer with this deep mess we’re in.

Pretty sure I read a few days ago that the club has already confirmed Selles will not be retained for next season. Can't find the article now, but certain I saw it.

1 hour ago, Archers Road Stand said:

No price cap on away tickets down there so a fair few charge over £30 you get up here. Plus I'm pretty sure that we will freeze our prices. 

Overall it's cheaper for away tickets. Most clubs do categories for games, I had a look and the most expensive Cat A game this season was QPR at £36.

Generally it's around £30 but some are quite a bit under that, for example Cardiff was £21. It obviously depends on the category we come under for each game though.

Clubs also seem to do deals in the Championship. The other good thing is cheaper concession tickets, so for those of us with U18's it won't be £20 for their tickets like it is in the Premier League.

• Like 1

On 30/04/2023 at 15:38, Give it to Ron said:

West Brom have had a poor season yet won 17 games can you imagine watching us win 17 times in a season? 

How depressing to sink that low that that is a positive, SR better pull their finger out and sort this club out 

23 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Overall it's cheaper for away tickets. Most clubs do categories for games, I had a look and the most expensive Cat A game this season was QPR at £36.

Generally it's around £30 but some are quite a bit under that, for example Cardiff was £21. It obviously depends on the category we come under for each game though.

Clubs also seem to do deals in the Championship. The other good thing is cheaper concession tickets, so for those of us with U18's it won't be £20 for their tickets like it is in the Premier League.

Even if tickets are cheaper individually the season is going to be more expensive overall as there are four more away games to go to. For the three of us with tickets, travel and parking etc its probably at least £500 extra