NFL 2023/24

Dr Who?

So the season kicks off on Sunday and I think it is going to be an interesting season. I always follow the 49ers and have since my teens, but also have liked the Packers for about 10 years now because of Rogers. Love this man, someone who reads the game better than anyone I know, but will now instead be keeping an eye on NY Jets because of his move there. I think the Jets will be better than they have been (not hard), but think they will lose in the play offs. 

Who is your team, what are you hopes. I know there was a Dolphin on here, and I have heard someone say it’s Steelers year this year, again! 

I am a fickle supporter, more a fan of the game than a specific team.

Back in the Mike Ditka days I quite liked the Bears - Walter Payton the supreme running back, and William 'The Refridgerator' Perry the antithesis of an athlete.

Similarly I used to like watching Laurence Taylor playing for the Giants, I even had a Giants jersey with his name and number on. These days I enjoy the maverick QBs like Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen.

Have you seen the documentary series "Quarterback" on NETFLIX ?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the watching Rogers for NYJ lasted not even to the end of the game in week one. Still intrigued by NYJ to see what they can do against a strong Cowboys team. Win tonight and there might be something in the hype of a Super Bowl for them. 

my niners started well last week and have a tough test against the Rams tonight, but have started well. 

On 05/09/2023 at 13:24, badgerx16 said:

I am a fickle supporter, more a fan of the game than a specific team.

Back in the Mike Ditka days I quite liked the Bears - Walter Payton the supreme running back, and William 'The Refridgerator' Perry the antithesis of an athlete.

Similarly I used to like watching Laurence Taylor playing for the Giants, I even had a Giants jersey with his name and number on. These days I enjoy the maverick QBs like Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen.

Have you seen the documentary series "Quarterback" on NETFLIX ?

I will check out the NETFLIX series. 👍

• 4 months later...

Patrick Mahomes shows why he is currently the most valuable asset in the NFL. The Niners really should have won that, but the Chiefs just won't lie down and die.

Watching the TV coverage I did get annoyed at all the "Oh look, there's another celebrity !" twaddle. it was like a televisual representation of Hello magazine. ( On top of which I don't think I could name a single Usher song, and am not aware that I have ever heard Taylor Swift sing ).

Edited by badgerx16

10 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Patrick Mahomes shows why he is currently the most valuable asset in the NFL. The Niners really should have won that, but the Chiefs just won't lie down and die.

Watching the TV coverage I did get annoyed at all the "Oh look, there's another celebrity !" twaddle. it was like a televisual representation of Hello magazine. ( On top of which I don't think I could name a single Usher song, and am not aware that I have ever heard Taylor Swift sing ).

Personally really disappointed that after a classic Super Bowl all the main photos and headlines refer to Taylor Swift... Including in more reputable news agencies like the BBC.  What a fcuking mess that a celebrity can overshadow such a popular sports showpiece event

• Like 1