WBA 0-2 Saints - Match Thread

trousers

6 hours ago, david in sweden said:

Much the same comment about KWP (who plays every game anyway) . Manning is not the best LB we've ever had and like KWP looks better on the attack.

There are times when we all forget that Kyle is essentially picked as a RB... (again not the best we've ever had in that role), but the whole stadium reacts  

when he goes forward and suddenly becomes a very good right winger, but in terms of  (horses for courses)...  Bree is more of a natural defender.

(No direct criticism of any of the above intended).. but as long as we are winning there is no panic about dropping (anyone) in particular from the squad.

My oft-quoted phrase is .... " everyone looks good in a winning side ",  (and even Whitey Grandad and I aren't old enough to recall the old club record). 

Manning will stay out his contract with RM for sure, but with Perraud (presently on loan at Nice) still on the books, and Lavia still to come on line, there will 

be some head-scratching over the LB role next season, but I fear that one casualty maybe Jake Vokins.  A much underrated  " leftie"  who can play anywhere.

I saw Jake Vokins a few times at Woking and he was so crap he spent most of his time on the bench 🥹

When he did come on he was pedestrian at best so whatever our LB problems are he is not the answer !!

21 hours ago, eurosaint said:

I saw Jake Vokins a few times at Woking and he was so crap he spent most of his time on the bench 🥹

When he did come on he was pedestrian at best so whatever our LB problems are he is not the answer !!

perhaps he was pi**ed at the handling he had, and having to play at that level.?

Watched highlights of a couple of U23 games he's played more recently and he looked pretty good there.

For a player who has gone through the Academy with distinction, now he's ended up with the shi**y end of the stick. 

Bad luck, or bad timing?