Parking

Channons orse

Haven’t driven down from Berkshire for a few years, is there still plenty of little pay on the day car parks near to the ground, bringing grandson for his first game so want as close as possible and at what time might they get full ?. Any recommendations gratefully received.

cheers.

Fortunately I’m coming Saturday,

60 years ago my Grandad and my Dad bought a 6 year old me to The Dell coming down in the old Austin Cambridge from North West Ampshire. In those days we’d watch Saints or Basingstoke Town, whoever was at home that week.

After decades of season tickets, even memorable away days at Grimsby and terrible memories of Tranmere!! Plus 1000 odd other matches it’s time to again bring in the next generation, so 60 years on there’ll be Grandad (me) Dad (my son) and my 6 year old Grandson for his first match….waited years to do this.

• Like 12

I always use the Hindu temple in Radcliffe Road ( SO14 0PS). Less than half a mile from stadium, it's a tenner to park but it's an easy walk especially with a 6 yr old kid. Don't leave it to late though, an hour before kick off and it gets full.

4 hours ago, Channons orse said:

Fortunately I’m coming Saturday,

60 years ago my Grandad and my Dad bought a 6 year old me to The Dell coming down in the old Austin Cambridge from North West Ampshire. In those days we’d watch Saints or Basingstoke Town, whoever was at home that week.

After decades of season tickets, even memorable away days at Grimsby and terrible memories of Tranmere!! Plus 1000 odd other matches it’s time to again bring in the next generation, so 60 years on there’ll be Grandad (me) Dad (my son) and my 6 year old Grandson for his first match….waited years to do this.

Myself and my son will see you there