iPhone v Blackberry

Baj

Ineffective how exactly?

I send and receive (push and fetch) email on three accounts. I can view attachments of .xls .doc .ppt .pdf etc, edit my spreadsheets and send invoices from my iPhone. I don't use Exchange, but could do if I needed to do so. I can send files by wifi to/from my iPhone. The touch keypad is intuitive and better than any physical keypad I've used.

Baj is also a converted Mac user, so will find the synchronisation between the iPhone and iPhoto, iTunes etc sweet and beautiful.

Plus of course it's a full blown iPod, has the best mobile web browser bar none, has the best and easiest to use App store available, YouTube, iPlayer etc etc etc.

I love my aluminium MacBook, but my iPhone still gets more use at home than my MacBook or Mac Mini.

If you're ONLY concerned with corporate email handling then I could maybe understand choosing the Blackberry; but, for anything else, not choosing the iPhone is the wrong decision.

Just to clarify the point I made. The e-mail system my firm uses is a wierd and wonderful combination of Outlook and Lotus. Synchronisation with the iPhone causes Outlook to crash, so the point you made regarding e-mails is spot on. Also, the sleek and shiny exterior is very sweet, but all too easily smudged in the dirty greasy factories/industrial units I venture too. Out of 10 staff three have already been broken, mainly due to them simply slipping out of peoples hands after the users failed to totally cleanse their hands of grease/various other lubricant and the call quality has been fair to middling.

All the toys are fantastic, but as for working on spreadsheets etc, we have portable laptops for it. For our purposes a more durable unit would have been a far greater idea.