Jade Goody

Thedelldays

Should she not die in dignity for her childrens sake? I myself would not wish to have my parents death be filmed for the world to see, so that kids can watch it on Youtube etc.Something that will live with them forever and will be shown to them inadvertently in the future.The lady is dying and so Im very sorry for that but i believe that she may be driven by cynical people behind her to her last breath to get a little more money from her.After all she is not the brightest around and she may not be getting the best advice.

It is a sick idea and the days of the Victorian circus are still with us now

Oh certainly. I would hope that the documentary would not be just a sideshow where her death is filmed for the entertainment of others. I won't be watching it so I have no idea if that is what it will be. If it serves a good purpose then fair enough. I also have no doubt that some of this is because she herself has been manipulated by those around her. It's the bit where she has made a conscious decision to help her children out financially that I have no problem with, even if it isn't exactly how I would go about things.

Is she using them, or are they using her?

That's a wholly different debate and I guess it is difficult to know unless you know Jade personally. If it is a decision which she has arrived at on her own without the cajoling of others than I have no issue with it. If she has been persuaded into doing this when it was not something she really wanted to do then that is a totally different matter.

That's a wholly different debate and I guess it is difficult to know unless you know Jade personally. If it is a decision which she has arrived at on her own without the cajoling of others than I have no issue with it. If she has been persuaded into doing this when it was not something she really wanted to do then that is a totally different matter.

Whatever your views, we will NEVER know the answer to that one!!

But it certainly adds a further dynamic to the debate.

Then you sir, are a hypocrite ;)

Then so is every single Saints fan that goes to matches and shouts "Lowe out", by your reasoning. It can be taken on many different levels. If the elected party of power decide we do not have the death penalty, though I support this, am I a hypocrite because I haven't killed some wrong doers? What we want and the choices that are left to us are not always one and the same thing.

OK.

Try this one...

What if - and it is only a what if before stevo and Ponty get all mounted up!! - Jeff Brazier 'convinced' Goody that she should do the TV shows to provide for HIM [firstly him], and also the kids...

Would you still think what she is doing is commendable?

Is that the bloke out of nick that she intends to marry?

Then so is every single Saints fan that goes to matches and shouts "Lowe out", by your reasoning. It can be taken on many different levels. If the elected party of power decide we do not have the death penalty, though I support this, am I a hypocrite because I haven't killed some wrong doers? What we want and the choices that are left to us are not always one and the same thing.

I'm not sure I understand any of that, especially the Lowe Out bit!!!

Are you suggesting that law abiding citizens are hypocrites?

OK.

Try this one...

What if - and it is only a what if before stevo and Ponty get all mounted up!! - Jeff Brazier 'convinced' Goody that she should do the TV shows to provide for HIM [firstly him], and also the kids...

Would you still think what she is doing is commendable?

IF that were true then clearly that is not good. Pointless debating though because we will never know.

You keep making your excuses. After all, you're the one who stated that I supported dumb celebrity culture when clearly I do not. There is no contradiction.

OK Fine!!

You stated that you condemn the celebrity culture.

You also stated that you condone what Goody is doing by using that very celebrity culture to earn money.

If you honestly thought that the whole celebrity culture was a reprehensible thing, then you would not be able to condone someone [anyone, not just Goody], making money from it.

There is contradiction there, you just don't want to see it!

OK Fine!!

You stated that you condemn the celebrity culture.

You also stated that you condone what Goody is doing by using that very celebrity culture to earn money.

If you honestly thought that the whole celebrity culture was a reprehensible thing, then you would not be able to condone someone [anyone, not just Goody], making money from it.

There is contradiction there, you just don't want to see it!

Football is celebrity culture.

This is very true.

Sad, but true :(

And no, I don't condone the enormous wages that footballers earn. It is completely out of control, and is the largest contributing factor to footballer's celebrity culture.

Come and join us on the hypocrite side! ;)

I don't endorse nuclear weapons, but I use it to better my own life!!

I'm assuming that's directed at Scott, despite quoting my post...

Yes it was, it was merely using your post (which seemsed to highlight that nothing particulary disgraceful had been said on this thread) to point out the comments of some.

I have no problem with the should she shouldnt she debate but comments like Scotts were just not on (IMO of course)

Are you saying Jade is faking her own death to get money and publicity.

Whats next, Godwins Law?

hitler was under-rated imo :p

nice to see this thread not degenerating in anyway at all lol, however.my thoughts go out to the young children involved in this debacle.