Jade Goody

Thedelldays

Meanwhile somewhere else in the country / other countries / other planets, hundreds, if not thousands of other young mothers are dying leaving 2 kids.

Indeed they are, and I would assume that they are going about their last days trying the ****ing hardest to provide anything their kids will need for when they are not about any more.

Heaven forbid they should do that, the ****ing scumbags. :roll:

Indeed they are, and I would assume that they are going about their last days trying the ****ing hardest to provide anything their kids will need for when they are not about any more.

Heaven forbid they should do that, the ****ing scumbags. :roll:

Exactly. It isn't Jade's fault that this is the best way for her to earn a legacy for her children. If you were in the same situation would you not do the same?

It's a shame. Of course it is.

But some people take death far too seriously. Get over it. You'll die aswell, and maybe in a worst way then Mrs Goodeh.

Remembering that this is the lounge, it's where people go to post seriously about issues. Canacer is a serious subject and death can be deeply disturbing. Of course everyone dies but at such a young age and to leave two children behind is very very sad. I wouldn't wish that situation on anyone and do not begrudge her trying to earn as much money as she can for her children however she chooses to do it during the little time she has left.

Why aren't people commenting on it?

Are those other people less deserving than Goody and her family?

Like it or not Goody is in the public eye and is using her "celebrity" status to earn money to pay for her children's future. FFS do you really think she is doing it purely because she loves the attention? "Look at me I'm dying from cancer! Help my ego boost." Grow up.

Remembering that this is the lounge, it's where people go to post seriously about issues. Canacer is a serious subject and death can be deeply disturbing. Of course everyone dies but at such a young age and to leave two children behind is very very sad. I wouldn't wish that situation on anyone and do not begrudge her trying to earn as much money as she can for her children however she chooses to do it during the little time she has left.

So far, I'm pretty sure everyone has agreed that it is indeed sad - and emotive!!

I think people differ on the way she is doing it!

You think it is fine for her to parade her dying moments on TV, some of us don't. Which 'celeb' was it that broadcast the birth of their baby live on the internet, and what is your opinion on that?

I stick to my opinion that Goody is the epitome of what is wrong with this country and it's ridiculous celebrity culture, and frankly these programs aren't doing a lot to change my opinion :( But I guess it really is a case of each to their own, and as Ponty said, whatever floats your boat...

now that she is going to show the whole world he plight...

was thinking...is this really needed..

on one hand it will highlight what somone goes through and will secure money for her loved ones..

on the other hand I dont really want to have her all over the media ........she is s a repulsive person and wish kept her dignity and do this with just her family...

I will tell you something els that is not needed TDD Boats that go under water full of nukes that cost mega millions, A deterrent that we will never used. Much better the poxy government use that money trying to find a cure instead of keeping ****s like you in a job.

i cant stand the bint...she embarassed herself and in a way, the UK..im embarassed for the people that hold her so high and that promote her..im embarassed for the people that buy her perfume etc...I am embarassed by the comment "shilpa poppadom"...

that said, cant blame her for making money for the people she will leave behind if it is being offered...will not be watching a second of the programme though

I will tell you something els that is not needed TDD Boats that go under water full of nukes that cost mega millions, A deterrent that we will never used. Much better the poxy government use that money trying to find a cure instead of keeping ****s like you in a job.

what..?

lets just pluck any old non related subject out of the air and compare it..:smt048

Some might argue that due to the nature and meaning of 'deterrent', it is always in use...

i find it really sad, but equally really bizarre the details of it all in the papers. its equally made me sh!t myself about cancer, and how horrible it would be to know that u have weeks, sounds like unimaginable hell. i hope the papers do stop for her benefit aswell, but if its what she wants who should have any right to stop her, its her last wish i guess

The re-reinforcement - through these ridiculous programs - of this country's pathetic celebrity culture.

But I guess people like you need something to 'follow'...

So lets get this straight, suddenly I'm a supporter of the ridiculous celebrity culture because I have no problem of Goody doing this? As someone has already said, concentrate on the idiots that buy it not Goody for exploiting it. She's a dying mother trying to provide for her children but they are mindless idiots just trying to get the latest gossip in whatever form it takes.

i cant stand the bint...she embarassed herself and in a way, the UK..im embarassed for the people that hold her so high and that promote her..im embarassed for the people that buy her perfume etc...I am embarassed by the comment "shilpa poppadom"...

that said, cant blame her for making money for the people she will leave behind if it is being offered...will not be watching a second of the programme though

That's my view entirely. I agree and I hope WSS does too.

Seriously, would you care to explain why they are 'heartless'?

I think the hairdryer comment for one was heartless, cruel and simply pathetic. Ever heard of karma, when uve been diagnosed and ur lying on ur back, any strength you have sapped out of you, no hair and probabaly scared ****tless you'll remember that comment and regret deeply.

You know who you are - pathetic, pathetic, pathetic - that is all!!

Yes, she is a very public embodiment of everything I hate about modern 'celeb' culture but she is going to suffer a very painful death and leave two children without a mother, no-one deserves that regardless of how self publicising she has been.

Regardless of how she came about her 'fame,' how she has dealt with it has been very shrewd, she has made a living out of being a non-entity, I suspect many are jealous that they couldn't do the same or have the same opportunity and those are the ones that snipe at her, she has had a privilaged adult life despite/possible because of her chronic lack of any outward talent and it's easy to put her down because of it.

That she is under a showbiz spotlight right now is actually par for the course for her, and why begrudge it? It will ensure a good life for her children, and that is the most important thing.

I think the hairdryer comment for one was heartless, cruel and simply pathetic. Ever heard of karma, when uve been diagnosed and ur lying on ur back, any strength you have sapped out of you, no hair and probabaly scared ****tless you'll remember that comment and regret deeply.

You know who you are - pathetic, pathetic, pathetic - that is all!!

I'm assuming that's directed at Scott, despite quoting my post...

I know this may sound stupid, but i never thought she would actually die, like at first i thought it wasnt that serious, and even when she lost her hair i was like im sure she will be fine. Even now i cant believe its going to happen, i think its due to the fact its been in the press so much..

If you're so short sighted that you can't see that endorsing her actions and therefore endorsing the celebrity culture that brought about those actions in the first place are not intrinsically linked, then more fool you!

How exactly am I endorsing the culture? I have in fact condemmed it and wished it didn't exist. That said, it does exist and so I see no problem with Jade using it to provide for her kids after her death. Is that so difficult to understand?

How exactly am I endorsing the culture? I have in fact condemmed it and wished it didn't exist. That said, it does exist and so I see no problem with Jade using it to provide for her kids after her death. Is that so difficult to understand?

You can either endorse the daft celebrity culture - big brother, and plastic celebs like Paris Hilton - or not.

You can't say that the celebrity culture is pointless and condemn it and yet on the other hand support Goody for exploiting it and making money from it. It just doesn't make sense.

Is that so difficult to understand?

You can either endorse the daft celebrity culture - big brother, and plastic celebs like Paris Hilton - or not.

You can't say that the celebrity culture is pointless and condemn it and yet on the other hand support Goody for exploiting it and making money from it. It just doesn't make sense.

I am against nuclear weapons but I still intend to milk the situation and earn money from it.

idiotic slant to a ridiculous stance

It says more about the media than the individual. Goody has been used by and has used the popular press to further her career and her image. As with most dubiously "talented" celebrity, it is a symbiotic relationship between them and the gutter press / gossip magazines. But there is obviously a market for it, i suspect derived from the desire of those who go for it to feel in some way empathetic with the glamourous life of the person or to get some bizarre feeling of schadenfreude from it all. So it comes as a bit of a shock when the frivolous nature of their "reporting" takes and very serious and tragic slant.

Now we see a life slipping away under tragic circumstances, especially so considering the involvement of dependant children who will grow up never knowing their mother, being more informed about her by the press than by their own experience. The previous flippancy that occupied the pages is replaced by a sad and desperate woman who is facing up to the fact she will not see her life out fully and will not see her children grow up. Appearing in the media is something she has chosen to do and that's fair enough, it is not something that, i feel, anyone can or should judge. I suspect the media see it as an opportunity to sell a few more rags, but i sincerely hope they handle it with care and sensitivity and that the few remaining days of her life are as full and enjoyable as they can be.

After all, if we don't like it, we can chose not the buy the paper, or we can chose to turn off the TV. She has no choice in what she is facing.

Best not to get all angry. People just say things on here that they know are controversial because they like being seen as edgy and cool. Bet you he wouldn't say that in public in "real life".

actually, i bet you i do and have said excatly the same in "real life" i had the exact debate/argument with my wife last night, and in the office this morning. not everyone agrees. thats fair, they have their view and opinion and are entiled to it and to express it, as am I

as for edgy and cool, not really my style

Should she not die in dignity for her childrens sake? I myself would not wish to have my parents death be filmed for the world to see, so that kids can watch it on Youtube etc.Something that will live with them forever and will be shown to them inadvertently in the future.The lady is dying and so Im very sorry for that but i believe that she may be driven by cynical people behind her to her last breath to get a little more money from her.After all she is not the brightest around and she may not be getting the best advice.

It is a sick idea and the days of the Victorian circus are still with us now

I know this may sound stupid, but i never thought she would actually die, like at first i thought it wasnt that serious, and even when she lost her hair i was like im sure she will be fine. Even now i cant believe its going to happen, i think its due to the fact its been in the press so much..
2 or 3 people have said the same to me, almost that we expect her to make a 'mira cle'recovery and so another five years of Hello contract. Max Clifford as her agent also makes me a little cynical

There is a difference in supporting someone and having no problem in what they are doing. I wish the daft celebrity culture did not exist. If it did not exist then Jade would not be able to get finance for her children in this way. It does exist and Jade is using that and I have no problem with her using these people. That does not mean that I will be buying any of her stuff or watching her reality show (quite the opposite.) I see no conflict there.

There is a difference in supporting someone and having no problem in what they are doing. I wish the daft celebrity culture did not exist. If it did not exist then Jade would not be able to get finance for her children in this way. It does exist and Jade is using that and I have no problem with her using these people. That does not mean that I will be buying any of her stuff or watching her reality show (quite the opposite.) I see no conflict there.

Is she using them, or are they using her?

Should she not die in dignity for her childrens sake? I myself would not wish to have my parents death be filmed for the world to see, so that kids can watch it on Youtube etc.Something that will live with them forever and will be shown to them inadvertently in the future.The lady is dying and so Im very sorry for that but i believe that she may be driven by cynical people behind her to her last breath to get a little more money from her.After all she is not the brightest around and she may not be getting the best advice.

It is a sick idea and the days of the Victorian circus are still with us now

I'm sure Max Clifford will be making money from this as well.