Your chance to ask Michael Wilde about Saints

Delmary

The Echo is running SFC chairman Q&A session for fans.

http://www.thisishampshire.net/sport/saints/display.var.2432046.0.your_chance_to_ask_michael_wilde_about_saints.php

To ask your question either e-mail adam.leitch@dailyecho.co.uk or write to Ask the Chairman, Sportsdesk, Newspaper House, Test Lane, Redbridge, Southampton, SO16 9JX. Please include your name on all questions and address if writing even if you would like this withheld.

Can this be made a sticky please mods?

"We won't get into politics or confidential details but we can keep supporters informed."

So that basically means Micheal Wilde won't be answering points about the board. Wilde is a full member of this site and has had ample opportunity to respond to concerns that directly involve him. He chose not to. He also had the opportunity to for an open interation with fans via the SOS initiative. He demanded that things be kept private and then lied to Andrew Cowen about what the SOS people said, i.e that they wanted him back as chairman. He also championed the Saints Trust and promised a fan on board. He has not delivered on his promise and there's no sign he will (i'm not suggesting he's wrong to have done a typical Wilde U-turn, i'm pointing out the fact he's not honoured a promise). He was also given the opportunity to attend the Solent Forum. He didn't bother attending.

Why should anyone believe this is not yet another example of a Wilde publicuty stunt? It's just so typical of Wilde and i for one think it should be treated with the contempt it deserves. A stage managed and selective publicity stunt is what it looks like to me.

"We won't get into politics or confidential details but we can keep supporters informed."

So that basically means Micheal Wilde won't be answering points about the board. Wilde is a full member of this site and has had ample opportunity to respond to concerns that directly involve him. He chose not to. He also had the opportunity to for an open interation with fans via the SOS initiative. He demanded that things be kept private and then lied to Andrew Cowen about what the SOS people said, i.e that they wanted him back as chairman. He also championed the Saints Trust and promised a fan on board. He has not delivered on his promise and there's no sign he will (i'm not suggesting he's wrong to have done a typical Wilde U-turn, i'm pointing out the fact he's not honoured a promise). He was also given the opportunity to attend the Solent Forum. He didn't bother attending.

Why should anyone believe this is not yet another example of a Wilde publicuty stunt? It's just so typical of Wilde and i for one think it should be treated with the contempt it deserves. A stage managed and selective publicity stunt is what it looks like to me.

why are you and others so hooked up on the people "upstairs"...

never in my life have i seen such a need to get info in non footballing matters

what would he say...yes, we are skint..

we all know that anyway

why are you and others so hooked up on the people "upstairs"...

never in my life have i seen such a need to get info in non footballing matters

what would he say...yes, we are skint..

we all know that anyway

The people "upstairs", i.e Wilde, didn't see a boundary when he used Saintsforever. During the build up to the EGM fans were actively encouraged to take an interest in boardroom matters.

As for your comments it's clear as day is day you're only saying what you are because Lowe is in charge and that suits your agenda. You were moaning like a good-un when Crouch was in charge.

The people "upstairs", i.e Wilde, didn't see a boundary when he used Saintsforever. During the build up to the EGM fans were actively encouraged to take an interest in boardroom matters.

As for your comments it's clear as day is day you're only saying what you are because Lowe is in charge and that suits your agenda. You were moaning like a good-un when Crouch was in charge.

what agenda?

jesus, this place is twisted..you "must have an agenda" to post

all i know is that fans moan when lowe and co were in the papers/press all the time now they moan when we dont hear from them daily and when we do hear from them they moan as they think lowe/wilde/hitler/satan is lying,,,

all far too boring and would rather just talk football and the team/jan portvlieet....

we are skint and moaning at wilde/lowe is not going to do anything, they are not going to go and they probably could not give too ****s what fans think about them and for that, I applaud them as fans (especially here) have a grotesque habbit of being wrong time and time again

if you really want to hear from lowe and wilde, write them a letter directly in a adult manner and you will find you will get a reasoned and honest response..

what agenda?

all i know is that fans moan when lowe and co were in the papers/press all the time now they moan when we dont hear from them daily and when we do hear from them they moan as they think lowe/wilde/hitler/satan is lying,,,

all far too boring and would rather just talk football and the team/jan portvlieet....

we are skint and moaning at wilde/lowe is not going to do anything, they are not going to go and they probably could not give too ****s what fans think about them and for that, I applaud them as fans (especially here) have a grotesque habbit of being wrong time and time again

if you really want to hear from lowe and wilde, write them a letter directly in a adult manner and you will find you will get a reasoned and honest response..

You're so full of **** it's unreal. You'd rather just talk football yet you start a thread bigging up Rupert Lowe.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=160

You're so full of **** it's unreal. You'd rather just talk football yet you start a thread bigging up Rupert Lowe.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=160

oh, there is my agenda..

well, they are saying the right things...to be fair, makes a change from "the takeover is a week/3 months/9 months away"..

is that what you want to hear on a daily basis from the chairman

****note to new users, you must have an agenda to post here****

how predictably sad

oh, there is my agenda..

well, they are saying the right things...to be fair, makes a change from "the takeover is a week/3 months/9 months away"..

is that what you want to hear on a daily basis from the chairman

****note to new users, you must have an agenda to post here****

how predictably sad

Shouldn't that read

***note to new users, you must agree with dulldays to post a view***

what agenda?

Would you class the manager as one of 'those upstairs'?

If not, why not?

And why would the manager be more relevant than the chairmen - who ultimately are responsible for setting the company policies, and thus dictating the way we operate and to a certain extent how are future is determined????

cant say i have ever regareded the manager/coach as one of "them upstairs"...but that is me i guess

it just seems who ever is the chairman etc cant win..they tell fans that times will be hard and tough choices will be made and they get slated, they stay schtum, get on with the messy task of trying to sort it all out, they get slated...wilde gets slated for not communicating with the fans, he opens up in the media and gets slated..

they sell players - they get slated, they dont but players, they get slated, they buy players in to try an compete, they get slated..

it is all far too boring and be honest, most of it is not constructive at all...

cant say i have ever regareded the manager/coach as one of "them upstairs"...but that is me i guess

it just seems who ever is the chairman etc cant win..they tell fans that times will be hard and tough choices will be made and they get slated, they stay schtum, get on with the messy task of trying to sort it all out, they get slated...wilde gets slated for not communicating with the fans, he opens up in the media and gets slated..

they sell players - they get slated, they dont but players, they get slated, they buy players in to try an compete, they get slated..

it is all far too boring and be honest, most of it is not constructive at all...

But you do as much slating as anybody else, everyones opinion is valid.

wilde gets slated for not communicating with the fans, he opens up in the media and gets slated.

You are very gullible Thedelldays. Wilde will answer the questions that give him good PR and ignore the questions that he doesn't like/can't answer in a way that'll give him good PR.

You are very gullible Thedelldays. Wilde will answer the questions that give him good PR and ignore the questions that he doesn't like/can't answer in a way that'll give him good PR.

utter utter tosh

I HAVE written to the club regarding my concerns and DID get a response from michael wilde...

I urge you all to do the same rather than some campaign on a message board...

the thing is, he gets slated for not speaking out and when he does, he gets slated for making a U-turn etc..

why bother IMO, if you really wanted to get a reasoned response from the club, WRITE TO THEM and actually make an effort in some sort of adult way...

utter utter tosh

I HAVE written to the club regarding my concerns and DID get a response from michael wilde...

the thing is, he gets slated for not speaking out and when he does, he gets slated for making a U-turn etc..

why bother IMO, if you really wanted to get a reasoned response from the club, WRITE TO THEM and actually make an effort in some sort of adult way...

Oh the irony.:D

really, this is the only point i have shared my opinion on....

but hey, dont let that get in the way of the truth...

You are as quick to moan like everybody else.

I don't understand when you say this is the only point you have shared your opinion on, you have been posting on here for years so you must have offered an opinion or two unless you have talked banal dribble all this time.

utter utter tosh

And that really is the issue.

For most of us there is no campaign on an innernetz message board.

It is a place for fans of the same club to share their opinions about the club. We won't all have the same opinions. We won't all like the same things. What some people might class as moaning, others will class as reasonable points.

Frankly this is a place for fans to pass comment on what does and doesn't happen at the club. That is all. If you [or anyone else] takes those comments too seriously, I would suggest it is them that have the problem rather than the poster.....

You are as quick to moan like everybody else.

I don't understand when you say this is the only point you have shared you opinion on, you have been posting on here for years so you must have offered an opinion or two unless you have talked banal dribble all this time.

probabaly..;):D

Stanley welcome to the world of corporate PR. Wilde is no different to any other executive that is placed before public. To be fair to Wilde he will answer questions that he can as he has done before on the old forum. I have been to many shareholder meetings of different companies and when the execs have been asked questions that are close to the mark or are confidential you always get the same answer. Did you really think this was going to be different. I just hope the echo try to get a balanced view from all aspects.

If people are not happy with the echo interview, I will speak to him and ask him if he was do one for us (if the other admins dont mind)

And that really is the issue.

For most of us there is no campaign on an innernetz message board.

It is a place for fans of the same club to share their opinions about the club. We won't all have the same opinions. We won't all like the same things. What some people might class as moaning, others will class as reasonable points.

Frankly this is a place for fans to pass comment on what does and doesn't happen at the club. That is all. If you [or anyone else] takes those comments too seriously, I would suggest it is them that have the problem rather than the poster.....

thing is..you and I both know how quickly and easily fans sharing the same view and transmit itself into something more...this place (well S4E) was one of the main movers and shakers in getting rid of lowe...there were even banners at the ground with slogans made up on here during that time.....

I hope it does just remain a place for comments and not get into anything more like before as that is probably the very last thing the club needs right now..

on that note...I think I have exhausted the points on this thread enough..

peace brother..:)

thing is..you and I both know how quickly and easily fans sharing the same view and transmit itself into something more...this place (well S4E) was one of the main movers and shakers in getting rid of lowe...there were even banners at the ground with slogans made up on here during that time.....

I hope it does just remain a place for comments and not get into anything more like before as that is probably the very last thing the club needs right now..

on that note...I think I have exhausted the points on this thread enough..

peace brother..:)

Too true!

Far too many saddos around :(

Stanley welcome to the world of corporate PR. Wilde is no different to any other executive that is placed before public. To be fair to Wilde he will answer questions that he can as he has done before on the old forum. I have been to many shareholder meetings of different companies and when the execs have been asked questions that are close to the mark or are confidential you always get the same answer. Did you really think this was going to be different. I just hope the echo try to get a balanced view from all aspects.

When Wilde waltzed into Southampton football Club under the slogan of "football first" i hoped things would be different. The whole slogan was a dig at the Lowe and the off the field manouverings. Wilde has shown over time he's no better. In fact he's a lot worse. Fans deserve a lot better than this.

This whole charade is stage managed spin.

S4E or WildeForever as it became know by some, was a tool employed by Mike Wilde before the EGM.