Corporates yesterday -donation of £10,000

NickG

I'm led to believe it was Tom Scott

An extremely wealthy man from Jersey, who is apparantely one of the interested parties

I was secretly hoping it was you Dicko..as I was going to match it and help you run the club and more importantly run the side....I think we could do as good a job as those who have gone before....Mind you a little difficult as the Wife only gives me £10 pocket money per week...So can you hang on for me before submitting your offer.:D

I'm led to believe it was Tom Scott

An extremely wealthy man from Jersey, who is apparantely one of the interested parties

Thought I had seen the name before - perhaps this was why Askham was in the Directors Box - think twice about him Mr Scott....

---

Tuesday 3rd April 2007

By Simon Walter »

A butcher's son known as Mr Jersey' is the man behind last week's purchase of £253,000 worth of shares in Saints' parent company.

Tom Scott, a business associate of former Saints director Mike Richards, is believed to have bought 550,000 shares in Southampton Leisure Holdings plc at the end of last week.

Of those, 300,000 were sold by ex-Saints chairman Rupert Lowe's father, Patrick.

As the chairman of Channel Island Traders, the Channel Islands' largest company with a Stock Market value of around £230m, 62-year-old Scott is the most prominent businessman in Jersey with a reputation for ruthlessness.

Scott left school at 15 and is now worth £100m.

He made most of his money through the International Energy Group, which he sold for £200m two years ago.

Intriguingly, former Saints director Richards - a supporter of Lowe's during last summer's takeover battle - was chief executive of IEG.

Former Saints chairman Guy Askham, who also backed Lowe last summer, was a non-executive director of IEG before the Guernsey-based company was taken over by Australian venture capitalists Bab**** and Brown Infrastructure in 2005.

Channel Island Traders has a monopoly on business in Jersey and Guernsey but a statement to the Stock Exchange last Friday revealed that it is the subject of a takeover offer.

If Scott was to relinquish his position as chairman of CI Trading, of which he is believed to own 17 per cent, he would have more time - and money - to focus on a new project . . . potentially Southampton FC.

He has been to St Mary's to see Saints in the past but is not the close friend of Lowe he has been reported to be in the national press.

Lets get the facts straight. Firstly Tom Scott is from Guernsey not Jersey. Second he knows Mike Richards as they were fellow directors in another company and the shares he brought were mainly for pleasure in that they gave him rights to sit in directors boxes etc and get into the more prestigious games - by which I mean Champions league with other clubs. He only held the shares he bought from Mike Richards for a short while and does not own any now. He has suggested that should Saints go into administration, which they now have, that he may look at the position but I personally doubt he will as he is not known for throwing money away. He would not, for sure assist anyone other than Tom Scott and he certainly would not need Rupert.

Thought I had seen the name before - perhaps this was why Askham was in the Directors Box - think twice about him Mr Scott....

---

Tuesday 3rd April 2007

By Simon Walter »

A butcher's son known as Mr Jersey' is the man behind last week's purchase of £253,000 worth of shares in Saints' parent company.

Tom Scott, a business associate of former Saints director Mike Richards, is believed to have bought 550,000 shares in Southampton Leisure Holdings plc at the end of last week.

Of those, 300,000 were sold by ex-Saints chairman Rupert Lowe's father, Patrick.

As the chairman of Channel Island Traders, the Channel Islands' largest company with a Stock Market value of around £230m, 62-year-old Scott is the most prominent businessman in Jersey with a reputation for ruthlessness.

Scott left school at 15 and is now worth £100m.

He made most of his money through the International Energy Group, which he sold for £200m two years ago.

Intriguingly, former Saints director Richards - a supporter of Lowe's during last summer's takeover battle - was chief executive of IEG.

Former Saints chairman Guy Askham, who also backed Lowe last summer, was a non-executive director of IEG before the Guernsey-based company was taken over by Australian venture capitalists Bab**** and Brown Infrastructure in 2005.

Channel Island Traders has a monopoly on business in Jersey and Guernsey but a statement to the Stock Exchange last Friday revealed that it is the subject of a takeover offer.

If Scott was to relinquish his position as chairman of CI Trading, of which he is believed to own 17 per cent, he would have more time - and money - to focus on a new project . . . potentially Southampton FC.

He has been to St Mary's to see Saints in the past but is not the close friend of Lowe he has been reported to be in the national press.

You'd have thought with his undoubted business acumen e.g. being worth 100 million that he'd have known better than to blow a quarter mill on a company that was clearly just about to go into admin! Lets hope he wants to spend 50 million on us and help us take league 1 by storm!!!

Lets get the facts straight. Firstly Tom Scott is from Guernsey not Jersey. Second he knows Mike Richards as they were fellow directors in another company and the shares he brought were mainly for pleasure in that they gave him rights to sit in directors boxes etc and get into the more prestigious games - by which I mean Champions league with other clubs. He only held the shares he bought from Mike Richards for a short while and does not own any now. He has suggested that should Saints go into administration, which they now have, that he may look at the position but I personally doubt he will as he is not known for throwing money away. He would not, for sure assist anyone other than Tom Scott and he certainly would not need Rupert.

It would look as if a lot of Mr Scott and his son with the Chairman of Leicester Tigers Rugby and David Lowe a Jurat in Guernsey(no known association with Rupert?) with others putting a lot of their energies in this Bailiwick group9look up Bailiwick group CI for info) for investment and obtaining investment for the good of the channel Islands? Dragons den type? Anyway after selling IEG where as mentioned Richards and Askham involved.....Mention of other members of group and investments etc...:smt017

Has Mr Scott actually got the big bucks in view of present climate and in anycase his other interests. Maybe he sees the current Saints plight as a way of some investment group?:rolleyes:

I just hope the Richards/Askham/Lowe/Wilde group is too close for comfort...

we could never entertain Rupert ever again in any shape or form....Hopefully

Mr Scott thinks the same if he does approach football ownership. I am very suspicious of Richards and Askham....re Rupert and his cronies.:mad:

My own view is Mr Salz consortium please.

---

Tuesday 3rd April 2007

By Simon Walter »

....with a reputation for ruthlessness.

....Intriguingly, former Saints director Richards - a supporter of Lowe's during last summer's takeover battle - was chief executive of IEG.

Intrigingly indeed

Reads to me as though he was just repaying a favour to Mr Lowe Snr to me. You know 'freeing up a bit ofcash' to pay for the bentley sort of favour.

Thank you for posting - as I am sure you can understand, it is now imperative that individuals such as Askham and Lowe are no longer involved - if we are to push on from this whole sorry episode, the new broom must sweep clean without interference from individuals with their own agenda before that of the club.

The link in the article between Mr Scott and Mr Askham, and Askham's appearance in the Directors Box on Saturday started alarm bells.

We have an opportunity, should a new owner be found, of returning this great club, eventually to becoming once again the hub of the community, from farming people, to sailing fraternity and business people - people who 20 odd years ago would travel miles to support the Saints.

The fans should always be 'king' - too many short sighted individuals chose to forget that.

Reading the newspaper article it is interesting to note his interest in Hungary. Probably no connection to Liptak or his club or maybe...

His son lives in Dorset..maybe one for Saints....I agree my worry would be Richards, Askham and therefore Lowe.

To sum up this man appears to be a singular type of character who would be his own man and NOT suffer fools gladly....So to form he would spit out Directors of the past who could not take the club forwards and would not unite the fan base......

Is he really interested though and who would he let front the Saints.......Mr Salz/his son?

It is all in the lap of the Gods...

Reading the newspaper article it is interesting to note his interest in Hungary. Probably no connection to Liptak or his club or maybe...

His son lives in Dorset..maybe one for Saints....I agree my worry would be Richards, Askham and therefore Lowe.

To sum up this man appears to be a singular type of character who would be his own man and NOT suffer fools gladly....So to form he would spit out Directors of the past who could not take the club forwards and would not unite the fan base......

Is he really interested though and who would he let front the Saints.......Mr Salz/his son?

It is all in the lap of the Gods...

Otts...the Hungary interest - does that not 'fit in' with the reasoning about the Friendly - behind closed doors for the viewing by an investor?

Agreed, my worry is that if Askham or Richards are involved are that we would have the potential reappearance of the ruddy faced one....

THAT MUST NOT HAPPEN

Saints would cease to exist if Rupes ever came near the running of this club or any connection....But let us look forward and hope that only genuine persons fit for purpose and not tyre kickers or shady charachters darken our corridoors ever again....We have to have hope.......Sorry Rupert stick to farming please.