Perverts, paedophiles etc

Robsk II

Not targetting saintwarwick specifically, just using it as an example...

Is it only me who really resents the fact that the term 'pervert' has become synonymous with the term 'paedophile'?

They are NOT one and the same. Pretty much everyone is a pervert when it comes down to it. If a perversion, in this context, is a sexual act which is considered taboo or outside of social norms, then hey, some people consider blowjobs to be perverted, tying people up to be perverted, etc - and I'm willing to bet an awful lot that 90% of the sexually active board users have dabbled in things they consider to be somewhat deviant, even if it's low level stuff like furry handcuffs or silk cords round wrists. Hey, a lot of men seem to love the thought of lesbians, or anal, etc etc, and these are perverted things by puritanical standards. So please consider your own proclivities before chucking those who liked a bit of mild s&m in their own home, etc etc, in with the likes of Glitter et al. Predatory sexual practices of these kinds go far beyond a perversion.

Also - what's with the moral-panic ********? I, and most leading experts in the area, consider paedophilia to be basically a mental health issue, something in the chemical and psychological make up of a persons sexuality that has basically gone wrong. Clearly, sometimes society needs to be protected from the more predatory types of people - those with sexual perversions that impact negatively on others. But most of the time, people need help, not shooting. Lock them up if they are a risk, by all means - do what is needed to safeguard the well-being of society. But if we shot everyone with mental health issues, which they can no more help having than a spinal injury related wheelchair user can get up and run around, then we are in a dangerous place and something very uncivilised and unfair. It's ignorance and fear culture that leads to these over zealous, over dramatic reactions. Clearly, no-one wants their children or families or anyone they care about to be impacted on, abused etc, by others. Baying for blood has never helped anyone. Don't say 'what if it happened to you' - of course I'd be outraged. But the fact of the matter is that ridiculous hype based reactions are indicative of no consideration or intellect used to reach a conclusion, and our society should be able to do rather better than that.

Interesting post. I'm not sure most experts would think it is a mental health issue. It's certainly not a diagnosable category. In the past homosexuality and nymphomania were>

Also - what's with the moral-panic ********? I, and most leading experts in the area, consider paedophilia to be basically a mental health issue, something in the chemical and psychological make up of a persons sexuality that has basically gone wrong.

Is it just me that is completely fed up with the 'This is wrong, why? Oh it must be a mental heath issue' soceity we now live in?

Kids being diagnosed with ADD or ADHD (However you wished to refer to it). So many of the times, the kids are just naughty. No discipline at home which leads to kids pushing the boundries and taking after their lawless parents. But no, its not that, they have an illness dont you know. A small part of their brain not working in the right way. Tank them up with funny pills and call it ADD. Makes everything go away and gives the parents peace of mind and justification as to why their kids are little sh!ts. They then do not have to question their parental skills!

Sexual persuasion towards a child IMO is a choice. No difference to my persuasion of Cadburys chocolate over Galaxy. I like Cadburys for a reason, as do sicko peado's like children. Its not a mental health issue, they are just wrong. So called 'experts' wish to put a chemical imbalance name to it so they can claim they have diagnosed peadophilia and know the 'disease' inside out.

These people are just sick f*cks, they do not have a 'disease' or 'chemical imbalance' which can go to part way justify their actions, they are just wrong! Labelling them mentally ill, is, IMO a disgrace. It tarnishes the real mentally ill to be herded in the same group as Peadophiles!

I agree with Robsk. This is beyond criminality and shouldn't be treated as such. It is a sociopathetic mental illness. They should be put in secure mental health clinic if they have gone out/seeked out children.

Murder is a different matter, unless again the are serial killers, then again should be in mental health facility.

These mental illness need to be studying and understood for the future determent and prevention of these actions.

I'm sure even with 'chemical' or physical castration may not stop them harming people or 'cure' them. We find why and how to stop them harming and just stop them without deliving further.

I like chinese food, should I be chucked in a mental health clinic too?

F*ck it, lets all just be chucked into mental health clinics as im sure we can all make some imaginary mental heath illness up which can justify something which we do which may not be strictly legal, right or common practise.

I sometimes even drive 35mph in a 30mph speed limit. What mental illness do I have? Chuck me in a mental health clinic as it be a mental health problem I have becuase there is no justifiable reason why I do it!

:roll:

I asked why single out perverts, sorry, kiddle fiddlers for "special treatment"...there is a case that they are mentally ill, is it morally correct to throw the book at them? why not help them sure their illness like we do in other walks of life.

Yes im sure there is something we could ween Peado's off of children with like they use Methodone to ween Heroin users off of the drug. We could supply them with 19 year olds who look younger! :roll:

If their preference is towards children, they will never change. They are scum and deserve to be locked up! Its not as if its like my preference to Chinese food. I like it, its not very healthy (some may consider it to be bad) and im sure with will power I could stop eating it. Blokes on here ask yourself, if you were single and a stunning lady walked past you, you would look wouldnt you? And if said lady approached you and started talking to you, flirting a little you would appreciate it, you would even given the chance take things further. Now think how hard it would be to ignore your primal sexual thoughts and go against them? IMO pretty impossible. Peado's are the same but with thoughts about children which IMO means they are never gonna change or be 'cured'!

Im no sinner, can you adequately explain why you like one chocolate better? Why it tastes better? I for one simply could not choose to be turned on by kids, so I say it is not a choice at all. If you can choose to be so at a whim, then I am somewhat concerned.

With reference to my post above,what i was alluding to were many rumours about what happened on his boat whilst in Haslar marina,i felt it unwise to post what the said rumours were,strangely one of the rumours was in the paper yesterday,ok it was only the sun,but the person who told her "story" had banded about what occured a considerable time ago,so this tells me he has been doing what he does for sometime.

Is it just me that is completely fed up with the 'This is wrong, why? Oh it must be a mental heath issue' soceity we now live in?

Kids being diagnosed with ADD or ADHD (However you wished to refer to it). So many of the times, the kids are just naughty. No discipline at home which leads to kids pushing the boundries and taking after their lawless parents. But no, its not that, they have an illness dont you know. A small part of their brain not working in the right way. Tank them up with funny pills and call it ADD. Makes everything go away and gives the parents peace of mind and justification as to why their kids are little sh!ts. They then do not have to question their parental skills!

Sexual persuasion towards a child IMO is a choice. No difference to my persuasion of Cadburys chocolate over Galaxy. I like Cadburys for a reason, as do sicko peado's like children. Its not a mental health issue, they are just wrong. So called 'experts' wish to put a chemical imbalance name to it so they can claim they have diagnosed peadophilia and know the 'disease' inside out.

These people are just sick f*cks, they do not have a 'disease' or 'chemical imbalance' which can go to part way justify their actions, they are just wrong! Labelling them mentally ill, is, IMO a disgrace. It tarnishes the real mentally ill to be herded in the same group as Peadophiles!

Tree hugging, liberal leftie that I may have been labelled previously, I can't help but agree with your sentiment. It's a sick choice they make. Once they make that choice they step over the line that all common decency keeps the majority of us behind. I'd really like to know what it is that starts them off down this route.

Im no sinner, can you adequately explain why you like one chocolate better? Why it tastes better? I for one simply could not choose to be turned on by kids, so I say it is not a choice at all. If you can choose to be so at a whim, then I am somewhat concerned.

You are being some what niave Robsk, just because you nor I do not have tendancies toward liking children, doesnt mean that everyone else doesnt either! Hell, I dont really find black women or ladies from Asia that attractive (not racist, just preference) but this doesnt mean that all other men dont!

Its my preferences. These peado's may not have a choice what they like (children or adults) but they sure as hell have a choice in breaking the law and acting out their dirty sick thoughts. You say you simply could not choose to be turned on by kids, this is because your preferences like any normal person lies in adults not kids. But you could choose to abuse a kid (whether your preferences lie in children or adults), this is the difference. They choose to abuse. Its not an illness.

You giving them a 'disease' to hide behind waters down the severity of the sickness of what they are doing! They feel less guilt when they can blame what they have done, are doing, or will do, on an illness which is uncontrolable, like cancer or MS. Then with less guilt comes the thought that it is not that wrong which is why giving them an excuse like 'you have a disease' is wrong.

These people have made a choice, they chose to take advantage of innocent young children. They did not have a gun to their heads telling them they had to do it.

Labelling it a disease or saying they have a mental issue is just a lazy way of finishing the job and shouting 'next' for the next patient to come in to be labelled with another pathetic made up mental illness!

I'm no sinner, you are the only one who has some sort of weird child thing as your avatar...I'm just saying. ;)

Yes, I wanted a trippy .gif file as my avatar and this one was the best. It was this one or a rabbit f*cking a balloon until it pops.

Tree hugging, liberal leftie that I may have been labelled previously, I can't help but agree with your sentiment. It's a sick choice they make. Once they make that choice they step over the line that all common decency keeps the majority of us behind. I'd really like to know what it is that starts them off down this route.

Glad to see someone understands what im trying to say. I feel it may be wasted on a few other people.

I'm not saying it's a conventional illness, and I am also not saying this is an excuse. What I am saying is that it is not a choice in the conventional sense. It is like whether you are gay or not. I am not, and nor could I choose to be so. In fact, I also generally don't find black women attractive, like yourself, but that is not due to racism - I couldn't simply choose to make this different. I totally agree that those that act on it are making some kind of choice, but I would still say this is a result of mental disorders - you might be angry enough, for example, to do something crazy if not constricted by your understanding of social behaviours, morality, etc. If you didn't have those normally, you might act differently, and not actually be able to do otherwise within the context of your own mind. That is what I believe about paedos, too. I still believe some others feel the same way, but don't act. Like I said above, I think offenders are those with pre-existing tendencies combined with psychological disorders. So I am not disagreeing with ESB or anyone, really. Just trying to outline my understanding of it.