Lease Car

Glasgow_Saint

Has anyone ever done this? Good / bad experiences?

Offer to take a Nissan Juke (Brand new) for 2 years

- 12,000 miles per year allowed before charges per mile

- £1,090 (inc VAT) one off charge

- 23 x £121 (incl VAT) per month

- Fully maintained contract, includes tyres, repairs, services, breakdown ect ect

Total cost for 2 year hire = £3873 for 2 years

seems like a good deal to me - very tempted

I know several people who do it. They are all very positive about it. Their point is that if you "buy" on finance most people change after 3 or 4 years and never actually own the car anyway. If you're going to do that it makes sense to rent the car.

Glasgow, do you have a link to the company offering that deal?

I know several people who do it. They are all very positive about it. Their point is that if you "buy" on finance most people change after 3 or 4 years and never actually own the car anyway. If you're going to do that it makes sense to rent the car.

Glasgow, do you have a link to the company offering that deal?

I am going through the work lease scheme so get a slightly better than advertised rate...... Standard deal is still very competitive however and doubt youll find any better online atm

http://www.tilsungroup.com/nissan-juke-1.6--94--visia-5dr-hatchback-car-32216

I am going through the work lease scheme so get a slightly better than advertised rate...... Standard deal is still very competitive however and doubt youll find any better online atm

http://www.tilsungroup.com/nissan-juke-1.6--94--visia-5dr-hatchback-car-32216

Cheers. At that price the missus will be talked into a juke rather than a mini. Absolute bargain.

Best offer on a personal lease (fully maintained) is a 12+23 on £128pm

So that’s a one off £1536 + 23 x 128 = 2944 + a £240 doc fee

All in for 2 years that’s £4,720 or £197 per month (as an average)

That’s 10,000 mile limit too

Still very competitive and no better available online atm

why don't you just buy one? Seems daft paying all that and then having no car at the end of it.

Easier to budget with a lease. No unexpected repair costs, no hassle to sell, brand new car every 2 years.

A new Juke costs £13k, how much would it be worth in 6 years? Plus all the costs in that time for Tax, repairs, mot ect ect. In the same period i could have 3 x brand new cars with all repairs, tax ect covered in one monthly fee for less than the price of the new Juke.

Doesnt suit everyone but does work for me.

Edited by Glasgow_Saint

Has anyone ever done this? Good / bad experiences?

Offer to take a Nissan Juke (Brand new) for 2 years

- 12,000 miles per year allowed before charges per mile

- £1,090 (inc VAT) one off charge

- 23 x £121 (incl VAT) per month

- Fully maintained contract, includes tyres, repairs, services, breakdown ect ect

Total cost for 2 year hire = £3873 for 2 years

seems like a good deal to me - very tempted

Ive looked into since you posted that link. There are some really good deals if you go for the smallest engine with the lowest spec because these are the models with the highest residual values. When I asked about the 2.0 version and next spec group up the price was 60% higher. Personally I like a bit of power and the toys so a used car that someone else has taken the hit on depreciation suits me better but if you want a new hassle free car this is a great way to go.

Now then.

My current car is a personal lease. The first time I've done one. The thing to watch is the mileage allowance. I went for 15k a year as I'd done 12-14k for the past few years on average but due to being busy at work I've not had so many weekends away so have only done 8k in a year, so have 'wasted' some money that way.

I got this car (a Volvo V60) as it was some cheap 18month deal as they must have spare capacity at the factory or something. The price has gone up +50% per month since I got mine.

You'll also pay heavily if you want any optional extras, so mine has no foglights, light washers, parking sensors and a dashboard full of blank switches.

In comparison, I previously owned a similar Volvo (S60) which I did the traditional sensible thing of buying at 3yrs old for 50% of the list price and running for 6yrs when it was only worth a couple of grand. Adding roadtax, tyres, servicing and a single breakdown that cost a grand to fix the monthly cost averaged £250 versus the lease price of £330 a month.

Was it worth a saving of £80 a month to 'own' a banger rather than rent a newer car? I'm not sure.

Got a lease through work on a salary sacrifice - BMW 116ED with a few options for £250 a month all in, including insurance. That is after BIK etc. Pretty good deal really.

Does that make it a company car for tax purposes?