Things that surprised you in the league (non saints)

Batman

Hull. Think Bruce is a good manager but they look pretty comfortable and made two solid signings in jan.

How bad Cardiff are. Always a struggle first season up but they have spent a lot of money and look set to go right back down

Moyes. Let's be honest, he has done a pretty bad job so far.

On the other hand, Martinez at Everton. Many wrote him off for taking Wigan down. But the fact he kept them up for so long and won the cup on the way should have been a good indication that he is a very good manager.

Agree with the lot really, I had backed Cardiff to have a good season but I honestly think the behind the scenes nonsense has affected their performances.

I had Martinez down as somebody who needed to prove himself with a 'bigger' club and so far he's done so, comes across well so happy to be proved wrong about him.

For me the big surprise has been Utd. Thought they would need time to settle but honestly could not seem them dropping out of the top four how they have. Had a bet with a spurs mate they would finish below both Manc sides, Adebayor and Sherwood (another shock!) appear to have screwed that one up ;)

Just a note on what Bat's said about Martinez & Bruce.

I like and rate both of them, but there's no doubt both were helped by some key signings... I expected Hull to really struggle until they signed Livermore & Huddlestone. Thought they were both really good signings for them.

Likewise Martinez' business on deadline day (Lukaku/Barry) made them the team they've been this season - Think they'd have been below us for most of the season without them.

Martinez has surprised me. In a way it shows up Moyes' shortcomings as a manager, further highlighted by United's league position. However, I expected them to finish outside the top 4, such was the state of their squad. Also surprised at how poorly some of Spurs signings have worked out, I think they signed too many at once, but at the time thought they had spent the Bale money well.And Liverpool, who have shown in recent weeks that they don't always have to rely on the brilliance of Suarez.

I honestly thinks people forget that Everton was quite good under Moyes and exaggerate Martinez job a bit.

Last year after 27 games they had 42 points in 6th position and 7 points off 4th.

This year they have 45 points (granted) but is in 7th position and 11 points off 4th.

Yes one less game, but not THAT much better as people all over seems to think.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2012-2013/table/2013-02-25

I honestly thinks people forget that Everton was quite good under Moyes and exaggerate Martinez job a bit.

Last year after 27 games they had 42 points in 6th position and 7 points off 4th.

This year they have 45 points (granted) but is in 7th position and 11 points off 4th.

Yes one less game, but not THAT much better as people all over seems to think.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2012-2013/table/2013-02-25

Well. Considering moyes is supposed to be the new fergie

Just standing still with Everton is an achievement????

The lack of impact from Soldado and Erik Lamella. £60m worth of talent to signal a new era for Spurs, but both utter flops. Have always thought Soldado was an utter class act and guaranteed goals, but so far he's £30m wasted. There are rumours that he's being shipped back off to Spain in the summer, with Ath. Madrid keen.

The lack of goals and form from Benteke

The complete disaster at Man Utd. I think most people assumed they'd struggle a little, but they've been so bad it's untre.

Palace's turn around is a good shout, they look like a decent PL outfit now.

Liverpool's consistency. Always a good outfit and good value goals wise, but they've got a real winning mentality now and look genuine contenders for the first time in 5 or 6 years.

Surprised by Cardiff as I thought they had the better chance to stay up, but they look gone.