Britannia Doesn't Rules The Waves Around Gib Anymore

dune

yes mate..I have even been on there..

that was COMPLETELY..COMPLETELY different set of circumstances.....ffs

The Gibraltar Incident

The patrol boat came perilously close to heavily-armed warship HMS Somerset and fast patrol boat HMS Sabre, ignoring warnings to stop.

It risked being fired upon after failing to identify itself at Gibraltar while the Navy carried out an anti-terrorist exercise on June 1.

The USS Cole Incident

On October 12, 2000, USS Cole, under the command of Commander Kirk Lippold, set in to Aden harbor for a routine fuel stop. Cole completed mooring at 09:30. Refueling started at 10:30. Around 11:18 local time (08:18 UTC), a small craft approached the port side of the destroyer, and an explosion occurred, putting a 40-by-40-foot gash in the ship's port side according to the memorial plate to those who lost their lives.

ok dune...you know best....

it risked being fired upon..how do you know that it was identified by spanish authorities..? how do you know..?

The Foreign Office has made an official complaint to Spain after the latest in a series of confrontations over the sovereignty of the Rock.

This would suggest that the vessel wasn't supposed to be there would you not agree?

The Foreign Office has made an official complaint to Spain after the latest in a series of confrontations over the sovereignty of the Rock.

This would suggest that the vessel wasn't supposed to be there would you not agree?

dune..this is political spinning crap...this happens many times..the spannish are ******s about the area..often they will just simply close the border to spain for no reason and with no notice..with brits/gibraltarians stranded the other side..

why this is being reported in the papers now, I dont know

dune..this is political spinning crap...this happens many times..the spannish are ******s about the area..often they will just simply close the border to spain for no reason and with no notice..with brits/gibraltarians stranded the other side..

why this is being reported in the papers now, I dont know

Are they still closing the border?

Are they still closing the border?

yep.....(not right now I doubt) but it is happens...pretty much for sure when we send a submarine there...I was stranded over there for 24 hours once..luckily I found a little place to crash called la linea ;-)

I can take it..but when people stop there in cruises and go for day trips into spain and get stuck over there for say 48hours....it is not pleasent from a fellow european "mate"

I will also add, it is laughably so bloody funny how spain get the knickers in a twist about gibraltar and their "claims" to it....when they have their own "gibraltar" over in Morocco..

hypocrits

Edited by Thedelldays

yep.....(not right now I doubt) but it is happens...pretty much for sure when we send a submarine there...I was stranded over there for 24 hours once..luckily I found a little place to crash called la linea ;-)

I can take it..but when people stop there in cruises and go for day trips into spain and get stuck over there for say 48hours....it is not pleasent from a fellow european "mate"

Had done to me when at Rook. Like yourself we just dossed in La Linea.

Some lads lived ashore in Spain as it was cheaper and more interesting than the rock and it happened to them every couple of months or so.

Personally I think Gib has been sh*t ever since they opened the border.

I once woke up over the border in spain...I had been on the pop all day in gib (mainly in the flipflop)..god knows how I got over there and with no passport....luckily, the spannish were feeling generous and let back over into gib with a severe bollocking (yeah, cheers)

still, these days, I night on the streets of some random place in spain is nicer than a night in devils Tower Camp (transit mess) lol

Great place Gib

Just had a week's holiday there with my father, who served there in the mid 1990s.

It is a great place. I've been half a dozen times from the Villa in Puerto Banus and love everything about the place. It's just like a little piece of England on the med.

Actually, it strikes me that Dune is in fact not a serious poster at all, but a deliberately provocative comedy poster in the manner of the now-departed Scooby. It's the only rational explanation I can see.

yeah, i think your right, he is laughably provocative.

Went there for an afternoon in 1963 en-route to Singapore.

I was attacked by a goat.

"A goat?"

"No! I said a goat"

"Oh! you mean a coat"

"That's what I said, didn't I?"

"No, you said goat, can't you say the letter C?"

"No, it's all from a trauma I suffered as a sgoolboy"

Thanks Python!

I noticed a while back that Monarch (or it may have been easy jet) run regular flights to gib at cheap prices. I will look into a short break there next spring I think. Probably won't be staying at The Rock Hotel though!

I noticed a while back that Monarch (or it may have been easy jet) run regular flights to gib at cheap prices. I will look into a short break there next spring I think. Probably won't be staying at The Rock Hotel though!

the Calita Palace is always a good'un....or the Bristol (which is in town)

go and have a skeg at the bullet holes...where the SAS took out a few IRA scum bags