What would it cost to create and run a government website for three years?

Johnny Bognor

What the f*ck was it spent on?

Apparently,

£6.2m on strategy and planning

£4.4m on design and build

£4.7m on hosting and infrastructure

£15.3m on content provision

£4.5m on testing and evaluation

...and these charges are annual.

Makes you put SWF into perspective. Perhaps if they got all the users to pay a fiver each, it would bring down the costs

Apparently,

While the figures on their own are utterly insane, I'm intrigued that a website that doesn't appear to have changed (in terms of its functionality) over those three years requires identical spending on "design and build" every year :suspicious:

Every site I've ever been involved in has done the vast majority of its design and build before the initial launch...

While the figures on their own are utterly insane, I'm intrigued that a website that doesn't appear to have changed (in terms of its functionality) over those three years requires identical spending on "design and build" every year :suspicious:

Every site I've ever been involved in has done the vast majority of its design and build before the initial launch...

You, me, and everybody else has been massively scammed by alethal combinatioon of bent politico's and greedy, grasping, private-sector consultants'n'contractors.

Where did this money come from? ... it never existed .. it was borrowed on the never never.

Where's it gone? ... we'll never know!

Will we ever see it back? ... no way!

'Ordinary people' will pay for this in taxes/unemployment/reduced public services for years to come....

Baj and Steve would do it for almost half that.

Really? Did you mean they would do it for just over double? £5 per head per year for Saintsweb to talk about football or £35m pa for all of Customs and Revenue services for 60million people - 60p per head.

Edited by buctootim
crap maths

Really? Did you mean they would do it for just over double? £5 per head per year for Saintsweb to talk about football or £35m pa for all of Customs and Revenue services for 60million people - just over £2 per head.

Nah, I meant half. About £4 of your fiver goes towards the beer float.

Apparently,

Makes you put SWF into perspective. Perhaps if they got all the users to pay a fiver each, it would bring down the costs

OK, fair enough...but HOW can you spend that much money on a f*cking website? What was so amazing about it?