Mis-spelt tattoos

mickn

Back in the 1980's a mate of mine travelled by train to coventry to get 'WEST HAM' inside a union jack tattoo'd on his forearm for £50.

Well, cut a long story short, he ended up with 'WEST HA' as the tattooist ran out of union jack, but he did do the decent thing and only charge him £30.

My nephew has just come back from Spain where he had his current girlfriend's name tattooed on his chest. Instead of Joanna it says Jonna, lol

I worked with this bloke who wanted a Saints tattoo, i told him of a friend who had a Saints badge with " proud to be scummer " underneath. He said that sounds good i'll get that, couple of days later he turns up at work with a lovely Saints badge with " proud to be a scumer " underneath :-O I just said, yeah mate looks good, i couldn't bring myself to tell him.

A tad more esoteric perhaps, but I thought David Beckham's misspelt Hindi tattoo was pretty hilarious at the time. For those who don't remember it, he had 'Victoria' tattooed on his left forearm in Hindi; unfortunately, an 'h' was inserted, making it read 'Vihctoria' instead. The response from his agents is particularly good:

Beckham's agents appeared bemused yesterday over the spelling and the word Hindi itself. A spokeswoman for Outside Organisation, which looks after Beckham's non-footballing interests, said with authority: "You have to understand that there is a difference between Hindi and Hindu. The tattoo has been checked by a Hindu expert. It's not as if David Beckham just walked into a tattoo parlour and got it done. It was carefully designed."

When told that Hindi is a language and Hindu a religion, the spokeswoman insisted: "We know the tattoo is spelt correctly."

Link here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2000/nov/28/newsstory.sport5

Maybe he's had it removed or changed by now.