I'm going to throw myself out of a plane

Hatch

Did one 'cough cough' years ago. Technically I believe I was the first ever member of Glasgow University Parachute Club to land (2nd out of plane but heavier than the person who went first). The most annoying bit is unless you go tandum you have (well had to I assume it has not changed) use the round parachutes to start with which means you can't stall them like the wing ones so you have to perfect your PLF (Parachute landing fall) which is the bit where you put your legs together, bend the knees and hope you don't land going straight down so you can roll. Think its the equivalent of jumping off a 5 or 6 foot wall if I remember correctly. Was very enjoyable but as you are reliant on there being minimal wind and the nearest place at the time was a long way from Glasgow did about 3 trips and only ever got the one jump in. Would not be able to do it now as the knees are not up to it.

Not quite the adrenalin buzz from bungy jumping from a helicopter but close.

Edited by pedg

Seems like a good crack, anyone done it?

I assume the best route is to do the charity jump, so in essence, the charity pays for you to jump.

Also, any local places to do it?

Pros,n cons, to this trick

cons,,,,,,,,you pulls the string and f*ckall opens,

Pros,,,,,,,,,Lott's of time to kiss your sweet muver****in ass good by,

Did one 'cough cough' years ago. Technically I believe I was the first ever member of Glasgow University Parachute Club to land (2nd out of plane but heavier than the person who went first). The most annoying bit is unless you go tandum you have (well had to I assume it has not changed) use the round parachutes to start with which means you can't stall them like the wing ones so you have to perfect your PLF (Parachute landing fall) which is the bit where you put your legs together, bend the knees and hope you don't land going straight down so you can roll. Think its the equivalent of jumping off a 5 or 6 foot wall if I remember correctly. Was very enjoyable but as you are reliant on there being minimal wind and the nearest place at the time was a long way from Glasgow did about 3 trips and only ever got the one jump in. Would not be able to do it now as the knees are not up to it.

Not quite the adrenalin buzz from bungy jumping from a helicopter but close.

Physics says no.

for my 30th got purchased a 14000ft jump with a 60 sec freefall. One of the best things I've ever done adrenalin-wise. Completely lost my stomach rolling out the plane, but after that it was pretty mental...The worse part for me was when the chute was open and drifting slowly back down to Earth...hated that part. Would do it again.