Stuff2Send

Al de Man

I heard about this new idea on the radio.

http://www.stuff2send.com/

Basically, people that have something that needs delivering, submit a request on the Website.

People that are making journeys to that destination anyway contact them and deliver it for them door-to-door in return for some petrol money.

Pretty neat idea but would you trust anything of any value to a total stranger? I know they have a feedback system, but everyone's going to have zero to begin with.

Itll never take off. Think about it, if someone wanted to send something from southampton to london, its always going to be a little off your track so whats fair? £5? anything less and its not worth your effort... thing is you can next day courier with someone like dhl to anywhere in the country for £7 insured.

Itll never take off. Think about it, if someone wanted to send something from southampton to london, its always going to be a little off your track so whats fair? £5? anything less and its not worth your effort... thing is you can next day courier with someone like dhl to anywhere in the country for £7 insured.

It's quite a bit more than that for a decent courier and you need to be a regular business client to get the best price, but I take your point. I guess joe public would get charged closer to £15 for a one-off delivery by UPS, DHL, TNT etc. It might be a couple of quid cheaper by Interlink or Business Post.

The overheads of the service must be negligible and it's more a case of how long you're prepared to wait for your item to be delivered because as you say, no one's going to accept your shipment if it's too far out of their way.

It's quite a bit more than that for a decent courier and you need to be a regular business client to get the best price

Sorry Al, I disagree, I've been using parcel2go for years and alway pay less than a tenner to ship all over the country. Ok, it's not guarenteed next day, but I've never had anything take more than 24 hours.

http://www.parcel2go.com/

Sorry Al, I disagree, I've been using parcel2go for years and alway pay less than a tenner to ship all over the country. Ok, it's not guarenteed next day, but I've never had anything take more than 24 hours.

http://www.parcel2go.com/

Fair enough. I'll have to investigate this site because we do occasionally send RMAs back and there's no rush on them.

"I am an inexperienced footballer currently under contract with Southampton Football Club. I need to deliver this round object into the net at the end of the football pitch. Anyone who is driving from the center spot at St Mary's to the goal in the near future please get in touch. Will pay petrol money. Thanks."