Jump to content

gio1saints

Subscribed Users
  • Posts

    2242
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by gio1saints

  1. I like 443 as long as the ref does not notice! 😁
  2. Ipswich have played a 4-2-3-1 formation last two matches with Hirst as a focal point. I expect same Sunday. Consequently I think there’s a fair chance Still may consider 3 CB’s one too many in this situation and put another player into the midfield. Probably the Centre Midfield. The legendary Front Sweeper perhaps! The non existent midfield of recent match’s ( Shea aside) that has NOT controlled matches needs to start doing so. Putting another body there might see us control play better. If Les was still here he’d be just right.
  3. We sing a song for Mateus. Deservedly our most applauded player. MAYBE, at Ipswich, Saints fans can show Tyler he IS wanted as a Saints player. By the fans if not seemingly as by the Club. He may be mentally gone already - BUT if there was still a chance or any doubt about his departure ( which there probably is not so this is a Hail Mary idea), loud support for the lad, from the terraces, might influence both him and SR. Saint sold excellent exciting to watch young players like Alan Shearer, Gareth Bale, Oxlade Chamberlin, Luke Shaw, Theo Walcott and Sadio Mane in the past before we really appreciated the nascent quality they had. I’d be happy to watch teenager Tyler play just this season and let him join a bigger club next year just selfishly to watch that extra special generational quality he has- in a Saints shirt. NB . I’m not interested in the money. I’m interested in watching potential world class talent we have play at our club before I only get to see him playing on the TV in the CL for a big club in a few years time.
  4. Fully agree with that assessment. He’s playing the players he’s got to - not necessarily his ideal set up. IF and when we get a player (s) able to play wide in attack and/or even the much touted #10 Spertsyan we may well see changes in his formation.
  5. Yeah.
  6. 2001 Saints fans travelling on Sunday. If you did a straw poll and asked them if they’d rather he played ( and risked breaking his leg/scoring a Worldie) or if he should not because he only had a few flashes of brilliance last year so is largely overrated and we don’t want anyone to know - what do you think k travelling support is going to say? Nobody travels or renews a ST to peruse the accounts.
  7. No No offence @Midfield_General but you previously thought my suggestion to play him was not the way to go. Now you agree he should be involved because he’s our best right side player. Which is it?
  8. Completely fair and valid alternate proposal. 🙏. Personally, I think Ipswich would be more frightened if he played than if he was kept away. Personally I think our team for Ipswich - and everything about the situation from a Saints pov - is better for him being at worst on bench than left at home. I - and most fans I suspect t would love to see a team that has Tyler, JR and Mateus all playing at same time against a top opponent- which Ipswich away certainly is.
  9. I think there’s one obvious way to convince Everton / an other club Tyler Dibling is worth what we are asking for if they are unconvinced. Play him. Maybe from the bench Ipswich or fuck it if he’s fit make him start. Mateus Fernandez showed why he is so highly valued the other night with one bit of extra quality. Most Saints fans believe Both are going to be top players. And even though we had a shocking team last year it was obvious they had EPL quality and something else- star quality. So let him show the world. He can let his football do the talking. I’m sure we’d all agree that’s the best way to silence doubters.
  10. Given Will’s current preference for 3 CB’s I’ve been trying to assess how Spertsyan fits into that kind of team - and where the rest go ( assuming MF stays but Tyler leaves). Does behind a little and large front two look like the position for Spertsyan? Gavin. THB. Stephens. Quarshie Flynn. Charles Mateus. Manning Spertsyan(#10) Armstrong. Downs.
  11. If I was A sneaky piece of shyte like Sullivan telling someone that I knew was going to leak it online without a direct attribution that OUR PLAYER wants to leave is exactly the sort of tosser tactic I’d use to try to unsettle Saints and our fans whilst currying favour with his teams fanbase. It’s the kind of trash talking / business deal softening up for which he’s renowned. What a see u next Tuesday he is.
  12. I did find it surprising that he did not change the shape second half. Sometimes a win masks a problem and these two wins are certainly not fooling anyone. Just hope SR do get these extra players in ( and out) so Will has got a settled set of players to work with. But that won’t be realistically achievable until mid September - assuming the last day incomings who will need assimilation in early September. Just got to try not drop too many points until then- win whatever way we can with whatever players we got and worry about our style preferences later..
  13. @Whitey Grandad I would not get too wedded to any default shape that Still puts out. Unlike RM I do think he is very willing to adapt his team according to what players he has and who we are playing. When and if we get better FB and MF and even wingers we may well see different line ups
  14. We have got probably three of the best midfielders in the division in Shea, Mateus and Flynn. We have plenty decent to very good CB’s. I do think a Les replacement ( ie a big unit dm) is a good idea though. What we obviously lack is a better quality consistent full back. Can Welington or Taylor or Suga make it? I guess they not got many games to prove it before end of window. Manning is looking better this season - at this level - but overall FB looks like an obvious position to get a EPL loanee from otherwise. The attack needs to get a grip. Powderpuff. Downs stop falling over, Archer take off your cloak of invisibility,BBD please just get a loan out somewhere and Adam - come on mate take responsibility open your mouth demand the effing ball. And Ross- pulling out in warm up is not for hard men strikers, toughen up!
  15. Any news on Ross Stewart? I thought it was odd him pulling out in warm up when he must be desperate to impress. Let’s hope not too serious. Mind you I think he’s dodged a bullet not playing! Not that he would have fancied Right wing was it all that much?
  16. Well, Bruges are through, just. Strasbourg are/were the other team involved but I had not heard they’d bid €10m. Agree Saints should take the better bid. Wonder what’s the hold up? Sell on % more likely than fee or his wages but it might be that the win last night hurries that along. Guess we shall see. Saints: Take the money and accelerate the purchase of one ofSpertsyan/Ruddoni!
  17. Got a feeling Sam’s going to be watching the Bruges v Salzburg match later today. Apparently that’s the club he wants us to accept €8m from. I can only imagine Saints are hoping Bruges win so they might be able to up the bid a little…I’d personally take that €8M wish Sam all the best and put it towards the €15m rated Armenian guy or €15m rated Rudoni. In my simplistic way one of those guys really only costs €7m so I’m having it…
  18. Nice link @coalman. Tolerance and Intolerance are a fascinating subject and this forum is a live example. Im personally of the view that we all have “decency” obligations towards each other - essentially to be tolerant up to but not over the remit of the law. And naively perhaps, that Saints fans may have a higher pain /abuse tolerance threshold than some given our history of suffering. 😇
  19. I find it revealing that Everton are going to rent Grealish for a year instead of buying Tyler ( or any other decent attacking player) for £45m or so. 30 yr old Grealish going to cost c £15/16m in wages and fees this season and, given his tendency to get kicked a lot & be injured it might end up costing them close to £1m per every 90 minutes he finishes.With a laughable £50M buy option at the end? And they reckon thats a better option than £45m 21year Tyler Dibling amortised over 4 years? I think it’s desperate a mid to lower table club renting him as he is certainly NOT one for the future, he’s not going to win them the league or get them into the CL or even top half. Weird decision imo. Everton need rebuild a proper team -but around him?
  20. The Tyler transfer will not be decided until late in the window ie September 1st given Saints current pricing policy. IF Everton are wooing Grealish and Spurs want Savinho that’s two of the most likely buyers out of it- apparently. I don’t think Arsenal, City, United, Newcastle or Liverpool are buying him given there current options in same ish positions which leaves, maybe Villa - and German / Italian/Spanish clubs wont pay what we want. Leaves maybe a surprise offer from the mid table EPL teams or a desperation offer from a newly promoted ones- neither of which look probable - only possible. At present id say the odds on Tyler signing an extension with a big pay rise and reassured he can leave next season from a top six are coming in a bit. In betting terms he’s odds-on favourite to leave this window - but the stay at Saints bet is not quite as big a price anymore. Obviously can all change in an instant!
  21. The bloke is apparently in £24k per as it is. Offering him £35k per week at Saints to play championship is defo barely something you hold in reserve until a better offer arrives. I hope he comes on board. Looks a player. Does well he becomes way better known playing to global audience environment. If he does not, then he was no good anyway and rats like that we don’t need. That’s how it goes right?🤣
  22. Probably odds on that will happen.
  23. That’s brilliant!
  24. Another agreed from me @Whitey Grandadc/o the refs union!😉
  25. You mean let negativity cynicism ignorance and meanness triumph over hope for a better future? Never.
×
×
  • Create New...