-
Posts
12,738 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Holmes_and_Watson
-
If there were to be another Superleague, Wrexham would get an invite. Box Office. š
-
He's been an outfield player as a youth, so he's already tried that.š 'Growing up, Gavin Bazunu wanted to score goals, not save them. Shamrock Rovers forced his hand with Stephen Bradley to blame more than anyone else, having given Bazunu his debut against Bray Wanderers at age 16 in June 2018. By then, it was too late. āI hated it to be honest. I first went in goal at Shamrock Rovers when our goalie was sick. Drew the short straw and had to go in.ā When was this, under-14? āI was eight or nine. Managed to fend it off for another four years before I had to go in permanently. Iād play anywhere else. After a season at Leicester Celtic, one half in goal, one half outfield, when I scored 10 goals, I returned to Rovers and realised if I wanted to go higher, goalkeeper was my best chance.ā https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/2026/01/31/gavin-bazunu-the-performance-in-hungary-encapsulates-the-change-in-irish-football/
-
Awww. I was hoping to swill a beer past the chocs I was eating, while taking aim. But only one of the three (admittedly superb choices), is it?
-
Torn between getting to only land-locked countries for holidays and having to fly over a coast to get to them. What if I see the RNLI helping the invasion force from the plane?!
-
Pauses mid citizenship application...š
-
Which was appalling. And typical of baying mobs, their targets are doing nothing of the sort. The RNLI are not setting immigration policy or enforcing it.
-
"Fortune's death was the third incident in Mississippi in less than a year where police found someone dead and hanged from a tree. The other two bodies - one black male, one white - were discovered in September 2025, on the exact same day. Both were ruled a suicide, though the mother of one of the deceased - Trey Reed - contests those findings." If there's any hint of murder in this case, it looks like the previous ones will be reopened. I'm sure we all trust law enforcement in the deep south to get to the bottom of it.
-
I laughed at suggestions of "naming and shaming" the RNLI guys. Even when Balaclava wearers, who definitely don't want to be named and shamed, enter the sea, the RNLI will be there to save them, regardless of the conditions.
-
-
Well, they should stop faking call outs, so they can run a migrant invasion service from France. As soon as I heard, I removed all the things I'd bought from their shop, and anything with a nautical theme, just to be safe. No one in my Patriot group will have any suspicions using my bathroom after the next meeting. We're also looking to move inland, in protest too.
-
Always a class act. I'd be curious about him funding a group behind getting his building to be the tallest. But we'd have known about it, from terror organisations targeting Trump to make good on the bounced cheques.
-
After drinking 2 bottles in the shower, I'm not surprised you didn't bother about hair. š
-
Bad news Sue Your sense of humour has dipped dangerously close to mine. š
-
The Burnham Years - Can the new(ish) broom sweep clean?
Holmes_and_Watson replied to iansums's topic in The Lounge
I saw a beeb headline saying they were getting in primary school teachers to teach the secondary school children basic reading skills. Although, if they bring in the same primary teachers who didn't help them read in the first place... -
List
-
Take your pick
-
The Burnham Years - Can the new(ish) broom sweep clean?
Holmes_and_Watson replied to iansums's topic in The Lounge
Greek golden passports have been around for over a decade. Incredibly desperate for any kind of investment. And not at all fussed about who they are or the source of the funds. I'd guess with his funds, he won't be relying on the systems the regular citizens depend on. Although he may need to use a private helicopter if the bridges collapse. Just to wish your sheep sculptures all the best in their upcoming move to be closer to @Hamilton Saint. -
He was probably one of those scumbags who tried to claim compensation, but was nowhere near it. He'd previously said he watched it from his window/ on TV.
-
Adjusting position of home office furniture. Move monitor safely away a few feet. Go to put it back in position, and the screen has a crack. Grrrr.
-
He's never a winger. š
-
I think we do well against Swansea as they like to play an open game. Leo certainly thrived. After some debate on taking players off, due to data, I felt Tonda kept our best on, until it was done. That allowed Mubama to play a little more to his strengths, with his pace, as Swansea pushed to get back into it. It's good we use the squad. It's better when the changes fit tne game at tne time. Lots of good performances, with a squad that isn't far from the top already, despite tbe -4. No shadows on the horizon either...oh.
-
An excellent half. 2 goals to the good, with a fair bit of variation in our attack. They've had the ball, and some attacks, but we've been solid.
-
Teller
-
Tolerance
