Jump to content

Holmes_and_Watson

Subscribed Users
  • Posts

    12,738
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Holmes_and_Watson

  1. My brother got me a current Match that had league ladders in it. They'd have made my list had they not popped up again (and Match from the list is still here too) From the list, I'd only take James Richardson x Football Italia and Teletext 302. I'd also like the early Daily Telegraph football fantasy. Books with player profiles would be released giving you a heads up. That's why I went with the Man City midfield the season they got relegated. Much like they should be this season. I think you had to phone your transfers in, pre internet. And Championship Manager 93/94. Where seasons were quick, and it wasn't bloated.
  2. I'd have thought crashing into the ocean was a bit splashy. When you add boomy along with splashy, that's two things while the others only had the splashy bit. Revolutionary?
  3. I think the manager already said that Baz would not be available for the "return" fixture. Perhaps a second armband could be worn by the rest of the players. I'll be interested to see if Azaz starts.
  4. Deterrent will play a strong part in it. Groups with 900m of money to conceal = very, very few. People with smartphones who can badly hide behind trees = could be anyone. Tonda's lifetime ban and Man City's indulgent chuckle with the word "rascals" used, is therefore fitting.
  5. Ex-Saints boss on the charges. A very laid back Pochettino mentions us, even if does focus a bit more on the restrictions at Spurs. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cmed7q89vp5no
  6. Unless it detonated the satellites to make a "Free Tonda!" sign, I'm just not convinced. 🙂 Did this chat decide on what was considered revolutionary? For example, Technological advances - and possibly referring to innovative solutions to specific problems of their own, as much as through general advancement. Or from advances made as a direct result of their work. Access - Impacting markets through opening up the field commercially and economically beyond governments. Advancement - 'The people of Piddington Moonbase say "No!" to a plan to have a Lunar I migration centre build nearby. "We'll go to zeta 2 reticuli, if this keeps up. Just see if we don't."
  7. Pretty much my thoughts. No pensioner should be living near, or in, poverty, due to the lack of a pension. Not every pensioner will need a triple lock increase. But I'm more concerned with the first lot. So keeping pensions at that level should be the minimum goal, regardless of the mechanisms to keep it there. The pensioners I know we'll seem to be fine. Not so sure about others I see in wider settings though.
  8. It must have been Hart I caught a bit of last night. He was talking about "my truth", a phrase I hate on top of a club he'd give his all for because it was run by people he had the utmost trust in. I think he's a regular on the thing I was listening to. So, in fairness, it would have been odd had he not appeared, and odd had he not been asked about it.
  9. I guess the in-laws really struggled with that day's Wordle.
  10. This was what I was thinking. Right before I, as noted, picked non-English biscuits, and promptly got myself deported. Immigration leaving trap biscuits in the aisles. More icing than ICE in our polite British system.
  11. I find the crumbling, fractious nature of the Garibaldi to be reminiscent of the inherent instability of Italian politics. The spectre of impending destruction, makes it too sad a biscuit to consume. The Empire biscuit was once the German biscuit. A strong, robust biscuit that you can march to, as well as a reminder of days when we got on really well with the Germans.
  12. If I didn't protect my diet from Jaffa cakes, a vile form is exactly what I'd be. So scoffable. 🙂
  13. Is it a bit mean to blatantly exercise the biscuit suffrage granted to us, when @iansums may not have that right? No? Oh, right then... Tunnock's teacakes Le Petit Beurre are getting a run out currently Jaffa Cakes are not currently getting a run out as I'd scoff them all.
  14. I'm hoping that fans can now vote on all the added on rubbish around matches. National anthems, hand shaking, photo opportunities, armbands to kiss, half time entertainment, light shows...
  15. Unfortunate, as blowing things up is exactly what they were protesting against.
  16. The beeb reported 'When asked if player's opinions regarding the fixture were taken into account when selecting his team for Sunday's game, Hallgrimsson said: "Absolutely not. "This team selection was about who we thought could make the best performance for Ireland." Promptly undermined by the 42 saying Hallgrimsson is only too happy to adjust the side based on views, and then come up with false reasons afterwards. "It had been discussed by Hallgrímsson and those around him before players joined up that if a player didn’t want to play against Israel but came into camp they could accommodate that by leaving them out and state they were managing minutes or load in a busy four-game window. "
  17. It's certainly making me consider having an opinion that killing innocent people is wrong.
  18. Just a thought, but perhaps he didn't want to wear a black arm band, not shake hands with anyone, bow his head during someone else's anthem and whatever else they had going on. Projecting a political stance ahead of getting a sporting result?
  19. Or a tough audience.
  20. Was Baz the only one in the end who removed himself from selection?
  21. I've moved on from hula hoops. But are my Monster Munch safe from the invading hordes getting to the supermarket before me? If we have no control over the demand, how can we ensure the supply?!
×
×
  • Create New...