-
Posts
541 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by thornhill_saints
-
Peter Reid "I knew nothing until I read the Echo"
thornhill_saints replied to Master Bates's topic in The Saints
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/8118061.stm Peter Reid is in line to be the new Southampton manager if a rival group beats Matthew Le Tissier's takeover consortium to buy the club. Full story: Daily Star -
Need a Little Time Beautiful South
-
Update from Tony Lynam 1:45pm Monday 22/06/09
thornhill_saints replied to SOTONS EAST SIDE's topic in The Saints
Everyone miss this? Today, 07:17 AM Son of Bob Administrator Join Date: Nov 2006 Location: in the 3rd Division. Posts: 2,080 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dear All forum users, and fans alike It's now the early hours of Tuesday morning, and before we sign off for the night, I thought you might appreciate some clarity, though appreciate that most of the fans who use this medium might not read this until tomorrow (by which time, this could well have been superseded). Clearly the Football Leagues position as announced this evening is of disappointment. However, discussions are on-going seeking to resolve this as quickly as possible. The League have a duty and responsibility for all of its members, so they have a different opinion to my own concerning certain aspects of our license (I only care about Southampton Football Club, whilst respecting other members in the right manner). The Administrators have made their position clear in their statement this evening, and it is pleasing to see that their views (which are totally independent to our own) are along the same lines as ours. I am still awaiting information from the League concerning their position and I should hope to have this without delay. This is not something I (nor my colleagues) can influence – rather one of those things which will happen as part of a normal process. We are not at loggerheads with the League. I have made this clear via other mediums this evening - we are working together for an acceptable solution to an issue, so please treat the League with the respect that they deserve. I spoke with 3 officials from the League today and whilst the content of those discussions will always remain confidential, I can assure you that the League are working hard to find an acceptable solution to this issue. Finger pointing and blame culture isn't going to resolve this. Rationale thinking and adult debate will, and common sense, law and the rule book will ensure a mutually agreeable outcome. I can only imagine too well how deeply frustrating this is for all of you - none more so than myself, but we remain totally committed and confident that our takeover will be concluded shortly, thus enabling us to get on with the important challenge ahead, putting Southampton Football Club back on the map for the right reasons. Please also spare a thought for all the staff at the Club who are working in difficult circumstances – they are top of our list of priorities, and so they should be. Thank you for your continued support, and I truly hope that these final hurdles will be out of the way without further delay. With kind regards Tony -
SSN
-
On Wave 105 it said the deal has to be completed by midnight.
-
On Wave 105 it said the deal has to be completed my midnight.
-
assuming the deal goes to completion....
thornhill_saints replied to ooohTerryHurlock's topic in The Saints
RIP ANDY SIMMONS some one start a thread for him, saints supporter for 30 years died a week today, he leaves behind 6 kids & twins of 16 months! a mate though & though -
assuming the deal goes to completion....
thornhill_saints replied to ooohTerryHurlock's topic in The Saints
At least I think with my bigger head, which is on my shoulders not in between my legs! oooh Terry Hurlock (I Bet you didnt even see him play) -
assuming the deal goes to completion....
thornhill_saints replied to ooohTerryHurlock's topic in The Saints
who gives a f**k mate, as long as we are still a football team at the end of that day thats all I care about.... WAKEY WAKEY your thinking too much with your small head! lol -
RIP Deano! Meet him up the Bitterne British Legion many of times, Sound bloke. will be missed. deepest sympathy to his family.
-
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=105051
-
Maplins
-
1 - 0 to forest
-
Not Forest 0 - 1 Bristol City
-
NO passion, No Desire, lack of communication, a load of tosh!! best player Kelvin, Surman didnt wanna know!, well worth £30 !!! NOT
-
I thought it was a bruised ankle ???? something fishy here! http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/?page_id=11164
-
Course he's off! http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/115943/ANDREW-SURMAN-MISSES-OUT.html
-
Blackfield & Langley... Tell me more, I was born there.. lived there 4 12yrs since birth in Blackfield.. names on a plate please...
-
http://offthepost.wordpress.com/2008/09/01/football-videos-mike-ashley-downs-his-pint-at-the-emirates/
-
I couldn't a agree MORE! COYR!! 3 - 1 Saints FACT u heard it here!!
-
It never was paul allen(Takeover thread 1866)
thornhill_saints replied to AwaySaint1's topic in The Saints
http://www.clubfanzine.com/southampton/v2.showNews.php?id=12855
