-
Posts
4078 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by CanadaSaint
-
Do the club still employ a PR company to post on messageboards?
CanadaSaint replied to dune's topic in The Saints
Not me. But I'd still like to know why I get dragged into it. -
Do the club still employ a PR company to post on messageboards?
CanadaSaint replied to dune's topic in The Saints
Shiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttt! I can't find my cyanide pill. -
Do the club still employ a PR company to post on messageboards?
CanadaSaint replied to dune's topic in The Saints
Go for it, Sherlock, I'm dying to hear this. :lol::lol: God, you've come out with some doozies in your time but this could be the best/worst. -
Exactly. They all need to give their heads a shake - and so do people who think they know all the facts. I'm sure there's sh*tloads we don't know about.
-
You've been sneeringly calling him "clotese" for months. Don't dislocate your ankles backpedalling on your own stupidity.
-
Do the club still employ a PR company to post on messageboards?
CanadaSaint replied to dune's topic in The Saints
God, that's the best laugh I've had in ages. If the qualification for being such a plant is a history of calling you out on the utter drivel you post, I'd say there are about 2,000 suspects. Anyway, don't let me interrupt another of your "Woe is me" panty-wetting sessions. -
Okay, hypo, try this one - from the Leicester match thread: If you could help me out too mate I would very much apprecite it. You don't go to many games (don't mention Ipswich away yet again) so the least you could do is pay for Saints Player - or else you're just another freebie-taker. If it's a petty insult to call you out on your hypocrisy, so be it.
-
This I've got to hear.
-
I've got it. That "people looking for freebies" comment landed a little close to home, didn't it hypo?
-
You do a lot of them on the match thread - snide comment here, snide comment there. Do you post from your seat at SMS? I'll always idolize MLT as well but, unlike you, I'll keep an open mind on this nasty little affair. Calling him "Clotese", as you've done for months, just shows you up for what you are. I'd love it all to go away but I suspect that a lot has happened beyond our sight and hearing. Sing away, dune. At least until your wife tells you to shut up.
-
Gonna sing it at the radio are you?
-
Sounds like there's trouble at t'mill.
-
No, it's 0-0 (touch wood and whistle). Three teams on 18 points - still top on GD.
-
Losing but still top of the Championship at the end of September. Who would have predicted that six months ago?
-
It is when you should be outside smoking.
-
We seem to be pressing a lot more now but the changes were head-scratchers. If things don't turn around this would be damn-near the first time his substitutions haven't worked. A long time to go yet, though.
-
Cortese kisses and makes up with the Sun
CanadaSaint replied to Golac's Iron Gonads's topic in The Saints
True, but we certainly don't know everything that was going on then with the administrator - and anyway I'd argue it's part of the same syndrome. For Cortese these things aren't personal so much as "You're either with me or you're against me. And if you're against me I have a long memory." That's part of the "Cortese recipe" so I'm not sure we can expect much change. If the gap is to be bridged it will have to be MLT doing the bridge-building, but the chances of any rapprochement diminished with Stelling's comments. -
Cortese kisses and makes up with the Sun
CanadaSaint replied to Golac's Iron Gonads's topic in The Saints
I'm with um on this. I agree with the "no freebies" policy but I'd like to see the bridges rebuilt and that would have been a much better answer. It strikes me that this is no longer about Cortese vs MLT or McMenemy - and maybe never was. I think it's more about Cortese's need and desire to be seen as someone you don't screw around with. MLT and Lawrie are examples rather than targets, and there have been many others. -
Indeed. One of his greatest attributes is the ability to successfully adjust things. Even WGS didn't do that too often.
-
Cortese kisses and makes up with the Sun
CanadaSaint replied to Golac's Iron Gonads's topic in The Saints
I suspect that Hypo is typical of the kind of 'fan' that Cortese doesn't mind losing as his five year plan unfolds. -
Cortese kisses and makes up with the Sun
CanadaSaint replied to Golac's Iron Gonads's topic in The Saints
I really enjoyed reading that and laughed out loud at this bit about the Carling Cup draw: "Nigel (Adkins) wants Liverpool but I really fancy Newcastle. That would be fun." It sounds like he thinks there might be a little unfinished business with Pardew. -
Nice enough player but someone like that changes the whole focus of your attacking play, and I'm more than happy with the multiple focuses we have. He couldn't play in our team unless our team changes its style to accommodate him. That's one great, big No Thanks.
-
I'm not telling anyone what to do - I'm telling them that IMO they look like immature morons when they do it. Just as you look like a hypocrite with most of you posts. How on earth can you applaud the Tories and criticize an eighteen year old for selling his talent for the best dollar available?
-
I thought this was a discussion - you know, the thing people have on internet forums. Your silly little "stick to ice hockey" slur indicates that you can't deal with that, which just goes to show that maturity is a problem for you. Point proved.
-
Of course it happens, and it comes from the same kind of childish people who will do it here. It's far from irrelevant that AOC is a teenager - that just makes those who boo him look even more immature than they already are. Do you seriously think that the average person seeing that on television will see the club in a better light?
