-
Posts
4078 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by CanadaSaint
-
Bernie Pask, wasn't it? Yes, I can relate to your original post because I was committed* enough to break four ribs and crack another five in a friendly. * Most intelligent people view that level of commitment as stupidity.
-
Well, it seems to me that we've had a tendency to take managers with good records and provide them with their first real blemish OR take people with not-so-good records and give them their first real success. At least during the Rupert era, but I'm not going there! I'll settle for more of a disciplinarian (which I think Pardew is) because - surprise, surprise - we've always been better when lack of commitment isn't tolerated.
-
You seem to have a problem with older people, because that's the sole basis for your post - not any kind of counter opinion. It looks to me like you may have some "issues" to deal with. Hypocrisy is just one of them - or a really sh*tty memory: Wasn't that derry's original point? And how did you get to be a "Pokerchampion" with a memory like that?
-
It's more than that, though, CL. It's the fact that some people post nasty stuff that they'd never have the balls to say to someone's face, and then try to excuse themselves by saying "It's not as if anyone reads an internet forum". I think a lot more people read these things than we give them credit for - players, managers, agents, owners, journalists. Short of running a proper survey they are the only real way of finding out what "committed" fans think. That's how the world works these days. It wouldn't surprise me at all if these forums have the power to convince players not to sign and buyers not to buy.
-
This thread is starting to remind me of an old saying. "Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty but the pig likes it."
-
As opposed to your namesake?
-
IMO we do need someone with solid lower league experience - life is very different down here and it's a far cry from Celtic Park and top European football. I can see WGS as a DoF but not as a manager at this level. But if they wanted a lower league manager I think it would have been done by now. If they want WGS for DoF he'll want to choose his own manager, so not much can happen until they have his final answer. Perhaps that's where the delay is.
-
Isn't quoting yourself a form of masturbation? Don't take that wink the wrong way, Thorpie.
-
About as happy as WGS would be with his reputation in TA's hands!
-
I have some reservations about the DoF position but I don't believe for a minute that we'd be where we are if we'd had a decent one for the last five years. Too many key football decisions were being made by what were essentially non-football people. We face the same danger now, even if we're much richer. I think WGS would shine in that role.
-
My Dad used to say that if it wasn't for the Milton Road wall he would have ended up in the docks. Thanks to TT for posting the vid. It shows that even the top sides had no idea how to stop Big Ron. It also shows what the game looked like when teams actually used the fifteen yards just inside both touchlines.
-
I hope that's duff info. If it was going to be Tony Adams I'd have thought it would have been done by now. It's looking more like someone who needs some convincing - money or other.
-
Fast as hell but that might have been his only cross with the right foot. Ever!
-
It's brilliant that we now have this super-rich backing but there's one thing that worries me. We can't completely re-tool the squad overnight and we're going to be relying on some players who might not have a longer term future here. Knowing that there's all this money back there, the crowd might be a lot less tolerant than they have been in the past, and this could erode player confidence really quickly. Once the window has closed and the cheque book is useless, that won't help us very much.
-
Wasn't Corp Halfwit gloating on here last week?
-
After forcing SLH into administration? How is that not a big issue, Phil? BTW, great work!
-
Plus, we're two weeks closer to extinction and I don't think the FL would want to be anywhere near the centre of that storm.
-
And here: http://emagazine.credit-suisse.com/app/article/index.cfm?fuseaction=OpenArticle&aoid=123285&lang=EN
-
Detective Canada offers the following suggestion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christina_Liebherr There's quite a lot more out there on her.
-
Well, that hurdle can't be too high, given some people who have sailed over it.
-
I'd assume that the contract has already been written because Pinnacle had it. All they "should" need to do is change some names and minor details. Theoretically.
-
Why doesn't that surprise me?
-
Let's nor forget, though, that Fry doesn't work for us. They still need to make the best proposal for the creditors. But they certainly seem to have the money to do that.
-
Wow! I await the links indicating their hobbies, links to Southampton, non-links to MJ, MF and RL, rich people's toys, and inside leg measurements. Please God there won't we any sh*t for GM to unearth. This is going to cause a run on F5 keys - get yours while you still can!
-
There may be a name attached, Thorpie, but he says he's "only acting as a negotiator and (is) not one of the investors". Echoes give me the willies, so Hop Suisse it is!
