Jump to content

CanadaSaint

Subscribed Users
  • Posts

    4078
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CanadaSaint

  1. I don't really blame him for either goal - just the breaks, but I agree with you. His positioning is dire and he doesn't have the speed to recover.
  2. I actually don't think it is all over yet.
  3. It makes you wonder if they think he's already decided to go to Newcastle. Only logic I can see.
  4. Three yellows and Tiote's been running around with his studs up all game.
  5. It is these days.
  6. We've got enough on the pitch to win this.
  7. They're beating us at our own game at the moment - high-press, hunting in packs, pace down the flanks. But they can't keep it up and I think we might dominate from about minute 60 on. But we need to get Puncheon and Lallana into it. Foy the POS hasn't given us anything.
  8. There was a lot of discussion a while back about playing a similar style throughout the club. Has anyone (who sees the youngsters play regularly) noticed any change in the way they play since Pochettino took over?
  9. And another: http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/02/15/pochettino-shows-promise-on-the-englands-south-coast/? Many of the same themes but with a few new (to me, anyway) little nuggets.
  10. This topic is receiving a lot more attention on here than on KUMB. I can't even see mention of it.
  11. There have been a few lately but this one is the best I've seen yet in terms of analytical comments, statistical support and all-round perspective: http://blogs.thescore.com/counterattack/2013/02/15/ruthven-how-pochettino-silenced-his-premier-league-doubters/
  12. I'd say so. MP is probably plotting the "Tire them out early, win the game late" strategy as we speak. It will be interesting to see whether Cabaye and Tiote can compete with our midfield without picking up their customary yellows (which take an edge off their game) or reds (which take them out of it altogether). I've seldom felt more confident about getting a good result up there, but my optimism often goes before a fall.
  13. True. And I wouldn't underestimate his value off the pitch, because he certainly seems to be a/the central figure for a lot of the other players - older and younger.
  14. He's said he really likes the club and the area, and I think he really likes our style of football as well - and his vital part in it. His only chance of playing in Europe with those two is trying to catch up to one of their 'passes'. He's much better off here and he knows it.
  15. Fair comment. I apologize for my part in it.
  16. That's pathetic, even for you.
  17. Predictably, in comes the little puppy dog.
  18. Nerve still tingling?
  19. Hard to know what to read into that, given that the next game and starting line-up decisions are almost two weeks away. Hopefully it's not bad news regarding his injury.
  20. If all that real estate, which is very valuable given our TV coverage, is not being fully used, it's a little surprising that the corporate face of the Liebherr family doesn't appear from time to time. Even if they aren't consumer products, it's still exposure.
  21. Is that recent or the one from the U-21 setback?
  22. Thank you. BTW "judging people's entire lives" is another of your straw men. I'm judging their persona on here, and it's all IMO anyway. They could be sneerers on here and dreamers somewhere else, or brave with the keyboard but chicken-sh*t in real life. Or vice versa in both cases. Whatever. I made my point. You disagreed with it. Life goes on.
  23. Line 1 is another of your straw man inventions because I've never seen anything like that on here - just a big bunch of people happy to go along for the ride, and a little group who sneer. Line 2 may well be true, but I reserve that perspective for people like that because it's the only language they understand. Anyway, for me it's onwards and upwards. I choose to believe in "The Plan" and see where it takes us.
  24. Life is full of planners, dreamers and sneerers. Cortese is unquestionably in the first group - with the balls, brains and probably the funding to back it up. I'm happy enough to sit in the second group because we've already come a hell of a long way and, based on that and various signals (such as who we've signed and might be interested in signing), there's nothing wrong with dreaming when it comes to footy. Without dreams, supporting a team is rather pointless, isn't it? I just thank God I'm not in the third group; what a sad and hollow existence that must be.
  25. I thought he'd spent the best part of his life there.
×
×
  • Create New...