Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

JonnyLove

My K : D ratio has now dropped below 1 :( I seem to have one or two good rounds then a whole bunch of sh*t ones.

I was wondering if my net connection might be a problem... what does NAT type open mean?

My K : D ratio has now dropped below 1 :( I seem to have one or two good rounds then a whole bunch of sh*t ones.

I was wondering if my net connection might be a problem... what does NAT type open mean?

Don't know.

I'm bogged down a bit where I am with the K : D thing.

Flying through this prestige level though. :)

I'm finding Carnival and Fuel rock hard.

Don't know.

I'm bogged down a bit where I am with the K : D thing.

Flying through this prestige level though. :)

I'm finding Carnival and Fuel rock hard.

Yeah I'm getting through this prestige quickly, mainly through varying my weapons and getting all the bonuses, though still no sniper rifles in my classes!

I'm getting to grips with fuel now, I tend to stay away from the big open area, then use airstrikes or predator missiles to deal with the campers out there :) carnival though has me stumped, especially on my older low def tv :( Simply from the fact that it's the one I have most success with, Bailout is still one of my favourite maps overall, though I love having Vacant back :D

Started playing Hardcore HQ Pro and am generally ruling it, getting K 2 D of around 50ish to 15-20ish ATM with a top round of about 76 to 21, pretty awesome i must say, will be playing this game type for a little while me thinks

I see a few people getting those kind of ratios on HQ, and seen more nukes on that mode in th past few weeks than in the last year. Though I can't remember the last time I got a chance to call in a Pave Low or Gunship that didn't come in a care package. Personally I'm enjoying Ground War still (Domination & TD) though trying to find space to drop a care package and collect it can be a bit tough at times!

Started playing Hardcore HQ Pro and am generally ruling it, getting K 2 D of around 50ish to 15-20ish ATM with a top round of about 76 to 21, pretty awesome i must say, will be playing this game type for a little while me thinks

I may visit that this evening as HQ is always my preference as you often get 20min games.

I see a few people getting those kind of ratios on HQ, and seen more nukes on that mode in th past few weeks than in the last year. Though I can't remember the last time I got a chance to call in a Pave Low or Gunship that didn't come in a care package. Personally I'm enjoying Ground War still (Domination & TD) though trying to find space to drop a care package and collect it can be a bit tough at times!

I've changed my killstreaks to a UAV, Package and Pred'. The UAV means much better hunting and I'll just take a chance with the care package.

I've changed my killstreaks to a UAV, Package and Pred'. The UAV means much better hunting and I'll just take a chance with the care package.

Actually in ground war because there's so little time, the sentry gun seems to be quite useful. Likewise air support (Harriers especially) seem to last longer because there's not much time to line them up with a rocket launcher.

Actually in ground war because there's so little time, the sentry gun seems to be quite useful. Likewise air support (Harriers especially) seem to last longer because there's not much time to line them up with a rocket launcher.

I've got one of my custom settings as Scav/Cold Blooded/Ninja and as soon as killed by anything airbourne I respawn with that and use my stinger.

I'm now a full convert to HQ :D played a few matches last night and managed to get good stats on most (one was shameful, but...). Having a silenced SCAR with SoH/Cold blooded/Ninja was a lot more useful on HQ than TD or ground war.

I'm now a full convert to HQ :D played a few matches last night and managed to get good stats on most (one was shameful, but...). Having a silenced SCAR with SoH/Cold blooded/Ninja was a lot more useful on HQ than TD or ground war.

Magazine is to small on the SCAR.

I'll stick to the silenced M14/UMP45 until the ACR is unlocked.

Magazine is to small on the SCAR.

I'll stick to the silenced M14/UMP45 until the ACR is unlocked.

I've swtiched to silenced FAMAS now and UMP45 for the smaller maps. Though if I'm in headless chicken mode, the uzi seems to do the job quite well :D

If there is going to be a mass get together, I'll join in :D though like Mr From The Top if I'm in the middle of a good game, I may be some time ;)

I'm not sure I'll prestige again (on the 5th one). Whilst it's easy to get up to LV40 it's a slog after that and I find that tedious.

I thought it was just me that struggled after lvl 40... This prestige (4th for me I think) I went to the mid-30's in no time, but then everything just seemed to go wrong! Do they handicap higher levels in some way?

The other reasons not to go prestige again... AK47 and akimbo Model 1887 shotguns :D

'kin 'ell, you can tell it's the school holidays as the kids with lightening fast reflexes are playing during the day!

You'll probably be glad you didn't play in that last HQ match last night! The other team were a clan whose only tactic was to set themselves up with grenade launchers and rocket launchers with the Danger Close perk.

And yes, I'm sure you did kill me :sulk:

You'll probably be glad you didn't play in that last HQ match last night! The other team were a clan whose only tactic was to set themselves up with grenade launchers and rocket launchers with the Danger Close perk.

And yes, I'm sure you did kill me :sulk:

I jumped out when I was 6 : 6 as it was obvious that they were just going to camp and use HE!

Apologies for the shotgun to the head, couldn't resist it. :)

I hate it when you get a server like that.

That said, my last game everyone must have thought I was good. I'm not, I'm average at best, but I got 20 kills and 1 death. My best ever score by some margin. A killstreak got me a chopper gunner, but then I got shot, then got 7 with the gunner and about 4 more after. I was aware it was a good one so I spent the latter half of the game hiding to avoid being killed again.. :)

I hate it when you get a server like that.

That said, my last game everyone must have thought I was good. I'm not, I'm average at best, but I got 20 kills and 1 death. My best ever score by some margin. A killstreak got me a chopper gunner, but then I got shot, then got 7 with the gunner and about 4 more after. I was aware it was a good one so I spent the latter half of the game hiding to avoid being killed again.. :)

I had a game like that last night, not quite 20:1 but managed about 50:20 in HQ and managed to call in the Pave Low twice, Like you though, I did hide a bit more at the end of the game.

The form didn't last though :(

Having just bought a copy of Bad Company 2 (less than £20 with tesco direct + quidco) MW2 has been consigned to ebay.

Goodbye dear friend but you have been usurped by a superior product (I never thought it possible).

MoH is out in October. That will be the next one.

One less shotgun to the head then ;)

• 4 weeks later...