Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

JonnyLove

:smt044 I think you might be a whole modern warfare behind :D though she does seem to be a bit ungrateful, even a quick flash might have been in order ;)
i only got a quick look at her and she looked up for it, especially as Im sure she felt me up as i carried her to safety

• 2 weeks later...

Well finally got around to finishing the game. Not had much time to play games recently :(

Am i the only one who is a bit dissapointed in it? The first one is one of my all time favs but this one just seems a bit hollow. Like they made it for the sake of making it rather then because they had a good story etc. Don't get me wrong there are some great bits in it like the airport level and the ski one. But other then that it just feels very boring. Like your doing the same thing over and over. The story is so silly you would expect it in some 1980's Dolph Lundgren film!

One of the things that ****ed me off the most was the whole "oh no i have fallen over, please help me up" thing. They have done that to death.

Maybe im being a little harsh. I expect Battlefield 3 will blow this game out of the water.

Thankfully only paid £26 at Sainsbury's for it, and will get £30 from Cex for it, so a bit of a profit :)

I think I'm at about level 63 now with a kill to death ratio of about 1.

As far as the levels go, I've no real favourites though Favela, Rust, sub-base and Market seem to suit my style more (i.e. charge around like a lunatic!!) than Afghan or Estate where I seem to be little more than cannon fodder.

I finally saw someone use a tactical nuke on saturday, a 25 kill streak was impressive, but what a way to win the game!!! and the following game I managed to get my first 9 kill streak to earn a pavelow without the use of a care package :smt040

I much prefer MW2 to WaW, I had terrible problems with WaW recording my stats. MW2 seems to set matches up on the basis of ping times so seems a lot less laggy in game (although it can be slow to join a match), I also like the increased ability to customise weapon classes with perks having a 'pro-mode' too (Sleight of Hand pro is a must for me now). That said, I don't think MW2 is a patch on Killzone 2 online...

i seem to die...ALOT. maybe its my gung ho attitude but i seem to ge tin the mixer and get totally pwn'd

That's pretty much my approach, but I have managed to keep the ratio at around 1:1. The problem I have is that if I come face to face with another player I tend to be flat on my back before I've hit the trigger :( I've tried being stealthy, but I seem to stand out like a sore thumb to those with HD TVs...

I played for a couple of hours last night, and got pwned in every match :( my ratio has now dropped back below 1 :smt022 One match on highrise left me with an average life span of 15 seconds (17 deaths in total), though I did manage 5 kills in that time :(

I can only think this is because I'm messing around with my weapons & perks a bit too much to try and get maximum points.

What perks are you using?

I've got Bling Pro, Cold Blooded Pro and Ninja Pro.

I can't work out the best perks and weapon combinations as easily as I did on MW1.

Currently maxing out with the SCAR with RD/Silencer and Thumper or RD/Launcher and shotgun.

Killsteaks are Care Package, Predator and Harriers and Martyrdom as a deathstreak.

My default choice is the SCAR with grenade launcher attachment, sleight of hand pro, stopping power pro and commando pro (no falling damage ;) )

I have P90 with bling pro (fmj & rapid fire), lightweight (not pro yet) and scrambler pro.

P2000 (I think) with silencer, sleight of hand pro, cold blood (not pro yet) and commando pro.

then I have a couple I change depending on map. Usually another smg or lmg with either bling/sleight of hand pro. Maybe Hardline pro & Marathon pro on bigger maps, though most of my classes will now have commando pro just because escpaing/chasing is so much easier when you know you can fall from any height with no damage!

Secondary weapons are usually a shotgun or desert eagle, but I'll have one class with a rocket launcher for Harriers/helicopters etc. I don't tend to use sight/scopes too much and I am totally crap as a sniper so haven't even used those weapons yet!

This is probably why I am getting my arse handed to me on a plate so often because I spend too much time worrying about these :D

As for game types I pretty much just play mercenary team deathmatch.

You can knife someone from quite far away in MW2, I've certainly been knifed on a couple of occassions at a distance that seems beyond physically possible!!

I liked the M16 but it's not good if you run around like a lunatic though as the three round burst is no good for face to face, the single shot assault rifle (FAL???) is also good if you are a bit more careful in your approach as both are powerful and accurate.

What I am looking forward to unlocking is the final shotgun as secondary weapon. I've seen so many players charging around with these akimbo, and each time those players have been mvp in the match

Those last unlockable shotguns make me very dead alot too :( though only a few more levels and I get to play with them too :D they look really useful in rust!

Honestly use commando pro, jumping off the top floor of the tall building in Quarry on top of an enemy player and surviving is a larf! I'd also say that cold blooded is a better perk than ninja as you can't be seen on predator type strikes or those sentry guns...

Lightweight pro seems to have transformed my fortunes somewhat. It allows quicker aiming after sprinting which, given my style of play, makes all the difference. My default set up is now:

SCAR with grenade launcher, sleight of hand pro, lightweight pro and commando pro

Wat no bling?

nah, I don't use scopes etc just the grenade launcher attachment. The sleight of hand pro perk is so much more useful to me, especially as I have a tendancy to... waste the odd bullet :D

I'm toying with the idea of manning it up and going for the one man army set up, but I can see that going horribly wrong...

The AK47 at level 70 is bloody good, though if you plan to go prestige straight away you don't get to use it much :(

I'm still convinced sleight of hand pro is the most useful perk, closely followed by commando pro. I think I had those on nearly every set up, though if your ratio has changed that much I'll reconsider if it works as well for me :D

The AK47 at level 70 is bloody good, though if you plan to go prestige straight away you don't get to use it much :(

I'm still convinced sleight of hand pro is the most useful perk, closely followed by commando pro. I think I had those on nearly every set up, though if your ratio has changed that much I'll reconsider if it works as well for me :D

I still get my arse handed to me on occasion but it's way better than before.

I started so poorly it's going to take a while to get back to + ratio territory but it's getting there.

It's such a slog to rank up compared to MW1 that I doubt I'll prestige.