Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

JonnyLove

Me too. Great ending. Leaves plenty of room for MW3 too.

Will hopefully give a decent crack on the multi[layer over the next few days. Looking forward to trying out the Spec Ops missions too, provided the missus doesn't want to watch too much TV!

I was going to start another thread about the plot! I thought there were some... interesting things in it :D

Had to give up tonight, started getting the urge to charge around the streets shooting anything that moved! That and after nearly 10 hours straight palying it, I think my eyes are starting to suffer!

I think the airport bit's great. It's about time you get to wreak uncontrolled violence on innocent people! Then go round and 'mop up' anything still crawling :D How long before the uproar over that scene starts though?

Still, good to hear 'Soap' at last!

I think the airport bit's great. It's about time you get to wreak uncontrolled violence on innocent people! Then go round and 'mop up' anything still crawling :D How long before the uproar over that scene starts though?

Still, good to hear 'Soap' at last!

There is tons of uproar about it already, see my earlier post, it has been brought up in parliament, I saw a video of it earlier, as I haven't been able to play and wanted to see what the fuss was about, it looks worse than i was expecting but not as bad as some people are portraying it.

Has anyone had a go online yet?

Mines in my bag but I won't get home until 9ish tonight to try it out.

Played multiplayer tonight & I have come to realise, 8hrs engineering & concentration, being in my 30s & having spent 16+ pretty heavily drinking...well, it doesn't prep you well. I used to be better on COD 4/5 but my reactions are numbed after staring at a screen & concentrating all day (may be age too!) & struggling to keep a positive kill ratio.

Had 7 kills, 9 deaths. Some in positive but finished tonight 1/2/3 kills 13/14 deaths so giving up tonight. P*ssing me off now. Can't shoot anyone without getting instantly caned by the nearest nerd without a pickled brain (or social life!)

I'm too old for this sh*t! My ratios aren't what they were...definitely age!! Last Modern Warfare I kicked arse. Now, feel hopeless! :0(

Amazing game. I started on Veteran and its really not that hard. Disappointing to hear some people are completing it already. I decided to give it a rest tonight before I did the same.

I took the day of to make sure it arrived safely (CoD WAW got destroyed by my dogs when it was delivered!), and to get acquainted with it. Just so happens I couldn't put it down, and ended up (after a good few hours) that I completed it!

I still find it amazing that people are finding veteran easy/not too hard. I re-started on the level below veteran last night, and I was really struggling at times even in the second half of the airport mission, and as for the favela... took me ages to get through that! So what's the secret? how do you make veteran seem easy?

I shouldn't have read this thread lol - I've only had time to complete the first mission, will hopefully get through a bit mor tonight depending on the amaount of work I have to take home.

Might be time to add a spoiler warning to the title! I think there's a great plot line and a couple of nice twists in this, but don't want to ruin it for people!

Did Russia just invade U.S.A?

I love this game

Yes, I was a little bit speechless when I saw that! When the tank drove up the road just blowing up American homes with their flags out in the front garden! Incredible.

The best mission for me so far was the one at the airport. Incredible. The snow level where he slides down and grabs you just as you're about to fall off the cliff is amazing too!

Shame there weren't a few dead civvys in the mission where Russia invaded America. People are winging that the game is too blood thirsty - I'd still like to see a little bit more. It is war after all! I don't know that the story line is as realistic as the first one. I mean, just by finding an American who had shot up an airport in Moscow I don't think the russians would hit America with everything its got. I've heard no mention of nuclear weapons yet either. Maybe that is yet to come!

Edited by thesaint sfc

hard to compare really

If I play online on GTA on a deathmatch or something, I usually get shot all the time and only manage to wound other people, I'm not very good at finding cover :-P I just don't want to get COD and get bored cuz I die all the time that's all.

If I play online on GTA on a deathmatch or something, I usually get shot all the time and only manage to wound other people, I'm not very good at finding cover :-P I just don't want to get COD and get bored cuz I die all the time that's all.

If you're on PS3 or X-box you could rent it for a weekend prior to buying...

If you die, just get back up and keep going :D I was like that with CoD4 which was the first game I played online. I got my arse handed to me on a plate for ages. Then again with Killzone 2, and I imagine the same will happen with Modern Warfare 2.

But once you get to know the online maps, weapons etc you'll be fine. I'd also suggest playing mercenary team deathmatch at first because at least half the people in the game are on yor side!

I finally had a quick go online last night. The servers seemed nice and stable, which was nice after WaW! and I like some of the new bits like the copycat skill, easier last stand and the bonus points for revenge killing and stopping someone on a streak.

Hopefully I'll get a chance over the weekend to get acquainted with the online maps!

I finally had a quick go online last night. The servers seemed nice and stable, which was nice after WaW! and I like some of the new bits like the copycat skill, easier last stand and the bonus points for revenge killing and stopping someone on a streak.

Hopefully I'll get a chance over the weekend to get acquainted with the online maps!

I had a quick hour online last night.

Thought the maps look excellent and the bonuses for long range kills, revenge kills etc are a good idea.

Thought the EMP killstreak reward was awesome.

I had a quick hour online last night.

Thought the maps look excellent and the bonuses for long range kills, revenge kills etc are a good idea.

Thought the EMP killstreak reward was awesome.

I haven't really got to grips with the bonuses yet. It seemed quite random when I was playing. Though I got to my goal last night of hitting level 4 to create my own classes, that might start explaining things a bit better!

I think of the three levels I played last night, the airport was definitely favourite!

Was disappointed with the ending tbh. in MW, I kept thinking it was going to end and more kept coming which was brilliant. With this one it ended without me expecting it. Fantastic last mission. I also didn't really understand why Shepard did what he did.

The greatest bit for me was seeing 'an old friend' again :D I actually fell in love with him in the first one.

Still miss Gaz though. I must have completed the first one about 15 times on veteran. Never played it online! I'll have to give online a go on this one. I try to avoid it though as I know I'll get addicted and will have to quit my job.

YEAAAAHHHHH the COD games ROXXORZ my household BOXORRZ! 2 years ago I was shooting my girlfriends Estonians compadres as they sleep in a ship; now this time I mow down some civilians in a Moscow airport.

She experienced both with me firsthand. Utterly brilliant.

I'm not sure if I imagined it last night or not, but in one of the three updates so far, have they added in an extra bit between a couple of the later missions which clarifies a lot of the plot with Shepherd? I don't recall it from the first time round :confused:

I'm not sure if I imagined it last night or not, but in one of the three updates so far, have they added in an extra bit between a couple of the later missions which clarifies a lot of the plot with Shepherd? I don't recall it from the first time round :confused:

GOD DAMN YOU

You know I'm going to go home and complete it again now to see said extra bits.

You have ruined my weekend :(

GOD DAMN YOU

You know I'm going to go home and complete it again now to see said extra bits.

You have ruined my weekend :(

I'm still not sure it's new, but I don't remember it from the first time round. I think it was the cutscene before the submarine mission, it's just some extra vocals. It could just be that having completed it once, that bit is more noticeable in the context of the game :confused:

As for the online stuff, I'm definitely not going to get bored of that in a hurry!

Just out of interest is there much plot to the game? I've only recently bought my ps3 and haven't really ever played (well no more than 10 mins) of CoD before, but am tempted to get the new one to see what all the fuss is about. Will I understand whats going on if I just buy the latest one?

Just out of interest is there much plot to the game? I've only recently bought my ps3 and haven't really ever played (well no more than 10 mins) of CoD before, but am tempted to get the new one to see what all the fuss is about. Will I understand whats going on if I just buy the latest one?

I actually think it's got a really good plot, but then some might call me a bit simple :D To be honest, it's probably not far off being good enough for an over budget Hollywood "blockbuster".

There are some things that have carried forward from the original Modern Warfare, but it wouldn't spoil MW2 not knowing what happened in the first one (of course I'm sure someone could provide you with a brief synopsis!).

And you certainly don't need to know anything about the first one to play online!