Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

JonnyLove

Some of us don't have the broadband connection needed to enjoy the online mode. Besides, it doesn't say, "Really only buy this for online play" on the box, so my comment of "Rip off" stands.

Some of us shouldnt be so bitter and twisted about living in the sticks and being cut off from normaility, i.e broadband connections not in the kbps.....

The campaign was alright, if a little short, co-op missions can be played locally and are quality. But online, i dont see myself buying another game for sooooome time

Some of us don't have the broadband connection needed to enjoy the online mode. Besides, it doesn't say, "Really only buy this for online play" on the box, so my comment of "Rip off" stands.

not a rip off imo. enjoyed the campaign mode and am enjoying the special ops as well as multiplayer online.

Some of us shouldnt be so bitter and twisted about living in the sticks and being cut off from normaility, i.e broadband connections not in the kbps.....

The campaign was alright, if a little short, co-op missions can be played locally and are quality. But online, i dont see myself buying another game for sooooome time

Thats the spirit, keep it up even when rubbish !!!

I take it this isn't as repetitive as the last one.

Although initially blown away I gave up trying to complete it

No, it's not. There are only so many things you can do as an assassin in the 1400's, I guess, but there's a better plot, more side-quests and, on the whole, an even bigger map. It's really quite enjoyable and, if anything, I find it hard to get round to doing all the things I'm supposed to get done on it. There are a lot of distractions as you go along.

• 4 weeks later...

Get yourself some knowledge. It's widely acknowledged that its more for online use.

By comparison, Assassin's Creed II is ferking immense. I've been playing for hours and hours.

My initial 7 hour play of Assassins Creed probably go down as some of the best hours spent in my life. After that it got a bit tiresome. Now completed it there's bugger all to do. Nothing was much of a struggle. They should have spent more time outside the animus IMO. That annoying English twart needs to die pretty early on in the sequel too!! Why do we always get so badly represented in American games/films :(

• 2 months later...

Staring to get really ****ed off with on-line now. I look forward to playing the game during the day then when I finally get on-line, it's just a stressful experience.

I started playing Free For All and they tore me a new one every time. I would rarely get a kill streak of >2 and everytime I stepped around a corner, or into a room, or out of cover, someone would be waiting to put me down with a single shot. If I end up face to face, a shoot out will result in a death, trying to knife them will end up in a death. If I turn left out of a door, someone's behind me to the right, if I turn right then someone's to the left.

The consensus is that "camping" is cheating, but if I camp, kill opportunities are rare and someone just creeps up and knifes me, even if I haven't let off any rounds.

Then it was suggested that I try mercenary death match as then only half the players are trying to kill you. No difference. I've tried defensive, aggressive, camping, everything. Somehow, god knows how, I'm up to level 14, but my kill:death ratio is a pathetic 0.31 and dropping.

I'm not a novice at FPS games having completed the campaigns on COD4, WAW, MW2 and BFBC, but on-line just seems to be a step too far. Will I ever get better at this game? Is it a case of racking the hours up? Or do I just suck? :confused:

Hey. Saintds, Are you playing on the Xbox or the Ps3. I'm on the Xbox360 Tag is NahMateMark if you want to add

Some tips,

Tv Volume, make sure this is loud, then you can hear where people are coming from and here where the shots are coming from.

Button Layout, Use Tactical, When you get 1 on 1 with people make sure you drop to the floor, this is called Drop Shotting. It takes abit of practice.

The Weapon, Tar-21 Silencer, Ump45 Silencer, Mp5k Silencer, M16 or Scar-H All with Stopping Power, Ninja Pro and Scavenger/SOH/Marathon

The Silencer Is the Key, make sure you have one of these so when you shoot and miss nobody sound hoars you and runs towards you finding where you are.

Don't Camp

Use Clay Mores

Run around the outsides of the maps shooting inwards.

Never go to the middle or you will Die

Kill Streaks of Pred Missile, Harrier Strike and Chopper Gunner/ Ac130

Oh and change your Sensitivity to something between 7 and 10

Thanks Mark, really appreciate you taking the time to give me some tips. I'm on PS3 and my PSN name is, wait for it, saintds. Not much good to you but if any PS3 users are reading...

I've just unlocked the silencer on the Scar-H but was put off by the reduced range. Like you say though, all the better if no one can see me when I do let some rounds off. The advice re tactical lay out is useful too and will try that tonight. Haven't unlocked ninja-pro or claymores yet so will have to do without for now.

My sense of direction on the maps is awful and this probably doesn't help when I'm playing against people who know the layout backwards, so will be paying more attention in future to where I am. My sensitivity level is somewhere in that region already but feels a bit jabby, especially when I've got barely a second to find a moving target!

Thanks again for your tips and will let you know how I get on.

You'll get used to it, the hardest part is getting used to the maps, that is the main thing. And it will take some getting used to, that is probably why you are getting your ars* handed to you, you need to remember where people like to hide, where people come from etc etc.

Only run when in the open, and ensure you make short journeys from cover to cover, but try not to run too much without lightweight pro or you won't be able to shoot quick enough.

I agree, F4A will probably be too much for now so just play Mosh pit or Merc Deathmatch to get used to things.

As for guns, if you are new, stay away from Tar, the accuracy is too bad for a new player. Use the M4A1, good power, good range and good fire rate.

Lightweight helps as you move faster, unless you want to use hardline or stopping power but TBH when you get better there is no need.

You'll get used to it, don't get put of and keep plugging at it and the enjoyment will come back.

Edited by Smirking_Saint

Thanks Mark, really appreciate you taking the time to give me some tips. I'm on PS3 and my PSN name is, wait for it, saintds. Not much good to you but if any PS3 users are reading...

I've just unlocked the silencer on the Scar-H but was put off by the reduced range. Like you say though, all the better if no one can see me when I do let some rounds off. The advice re tactical lay out is useful too and will try that tonight. Haven't unlocked ninja-pro or claymores yet so will have to do without for now.

My sense of direction on the maps is awful and this probably doesn't help when I'm playing against people who know the layout backwards, so will be paying more attention in future to where I am. My sensitivity level is somewhere in that region already but feels a bit jabby, especially when I've got barely a second to find a moving target!

Thanks again for your tips and will let you know how I get on.

Noobs are easy meat I'm afraid and they only way to improve is to play and learn the maps.

Find a weapon(s) and perk(s) set up that works for you and stick with it.

It takes a while but before long you'll get the hang of it.

Try HQ or similar, where the games tend to be longer (up to 20mins) as it will give you more time to perfect your technique and learn the maps.

Anyone else having trouble adding funds to your PSN wallet? You're not on your own, details here http://twitter.com/PlayStationEU

Seems like Playstation Europe wern't expecting this level of demand for the first add-on to the biggest entertainment launch of all time :rolleyes:

I did have, tried again at about 10 last night and it worked. Tried to download it, and it was something stupid like 1/2 an hour to download. Stopped it and downloading it now. Done in 6 minutes.

how much is it?

£10.99 for 5 maps - 3 new and 2 from COD4 (which I didn't play on-line so couldn't tell you the difference).

Sounds like people are still having problems with PSN today. I managed to download late last night but haven't had a chance to look around yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Noobs are easy meat I'm afraid and they only way to improve is to play and learn the maps.

Find a weapon(s) and perk(s) set up that works for you and stick with it.

It takes a while but before long you'll get the hang of it.

Try HQ or similar, where the games tend to be longer (up to 20mins) as it will give you more time to perfect your technique and learn the maps.

So, after 3ish weeks of play (not every night) I'm finally enjoying the game and not getting frustrated if I get killed. Kill streaks are realtively rare still, but UAVs are becoming increasingly common. I'm much more comfortable with the maps and would say my favourites are Quarry and Wasteland. My least favourite is Highrise by some distance and I always skip it if it comes up. I'm quite enjoying the new maps too and have learnt them fairly quickly.

Thanks to all for the tips. Map knowledge is undoubtedly the most important thing - was so frustrating running round corners into a hail of bullets. I've found a weapon set-up that works for me (UMP and Thumper) but can't make my mind up on the perks, although Cold Blooded seems set in stone now. Still only Level 28 though!

So, after 3ish weeks of play (not every night) I'm finally enjoying the game and not getting frustrated if I get killed. Kill streaks are realtively rare still, but UAVs are becoming increasingly common. I'm much more comfortable with the maps and would say my favourites are Quarry and Wasteland. My least favourite is Highrise by some distance and I always skip it if it comes up. I'm quite enjoying the new maps too and have learnt them fairly quickly.

Thanks to all for the tips. Map knowledge is undoubtedly the most important thing - was so frustrating running round corners into a hail of bullets. I've found a weapon set-up that works for me (UMP and Thumper) but can't make my mind up on the perks, although Cold Blooded seems set in stone now. Still only Level 28 though!

When you get to L48 you'll unlock the ACR and never look back!

I have a cold blooded setting for when the opposition have far too many harriers/choppers and I want to down them with a stinger otherwise it's always Stopping Power Pro and Commando Pro and a mix of Marathon/Scavenger/Bling depending and what map I'm playing.

My kill ration is up at 1.13 but I'm struggling to up it at the moment

My kill ration is up at 1.13 but I'm struggling to up it at the moment

I think it would take me about a year of continuous play to get to that level. .38 and rising as things stand. Guess I'll always be paying for a slow start....