Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

JonnyLove

I think it would take me about a year of continuous play to get to that level. .38 and rising as things stand. Guess I'll always be paying for a slow start....

I had to change the way I played MW2 from MW1 to make progress.

Once I worked out the perks/weapons combinations that worked for me it started to climb quickly.

I still occasionally get owned!

Having now completed FFXIII and Assassins Creed 2 I am really looking forward to getting this back from the person who borrowed it and getting back online :D though fully expect to be cannon fodder for a few weeks...

Having now completed FFXIII and Assassins Creed 2 I am really looking forward to getting this back from the person who borrowed it and getting back online :D though fully expect to be cannon fodder for a few weeks...

Good luck! What level were you up to before you started the other games?

I'm trying to play online with a mate of mine,doing a special ops mission palying "The Pit" and it is so jerky it's unplayable. It's fine for very short period, then the screen just freezes for a few seconds. followed by being fine for a few secs then freezes etc. etc.

Could this be simply a flaky internet connection?

just tried a deathmatch between him and it was absolutely fine. . ..

Edited by JackFrost

I'm trying to play online with a mate of mine,doing a special ops mission palying "The Pit" and it is so jerky it's unplayable. It's fine for very short period, then the screen just freezes for a few seconds. followed by being fine for a few secs then freezes etc. etc.

Could this be simply a flaky internet connection?

Yup, try turning off anything else on your or his internet connection, such as pc's that might be downloading etc.

he has a wireless internet connection, got a feeling this could be affecting the speed

Yeah, when you do special ops itll put you two in sync, so its his connection thats ****ing things up, and if hes mobile thatll make things a lot worse

Double experience points this weekend guys!

To celebrate memorial day or something.

Happy days!

Been playing more of the Special Opps than multiplayer recently. Finally cracked High Explosive last night on both hardened and veteran. Once you know the strategy it's pretty easy.

Just had BFBC2 thorugh the post too so tempted to steam into that this weekend and leave MW2 alone for a while.

Well that was rather nice! Ranked up from 43 to 50 in about 5 hours play and got my beloved ACR and Javelin back!

ACR with silencer, Javelin, Scavenger Pro, Cold blodded Pro, and Ninja Pro is my killer loadout for any type of MW2 game.

Oh my god, how bad did I become while I was busy with ff13 & ac2!?? I also thought it would be a laugh to join in on Ground War :o

On the plus side I like the 3 new maps and the return of the two old ones :) now where's my SCAR + Grenade Launcher

• 2 weeks later...

How have I managed so far without using the FAMAS? managed to get up 13 levels after going prestige again in 90 minutes last night using it! Even managed one match with a 14:1 k/d ratio :D only died when I ran out of ammo.

I love MW2 again...

You'll get used to it, the hardest part is getting used to the maps, that is the main thing. And it will take some getting used to, that is probably why you are getting your ars* handed to you, you need to remember where people like to hide, where people come from etc etc.

Only run when in the open, and ensure you make short journeys from cover to cover, but try not to run too much without lightweight pro or you won't be able to shoot quick enough.

I agree, F4A will probably be too much for now so just play Mosh pit or Merc Deathmatch to get used to things.

As for guns, if you are new, stay away from Tar, the accuracy is too bad for a new player. Use the M4A1, good power, good range and good fire rate.

Lightweight helps as you move faster, unless you want to use hardline or stopping power but TBH when you get better there is no need.

You'll get used to it, don't get put of and keep plugging at it and the enjoyment will come back.

Guys any tips for a noob? only level 5 having had the game from a mate since last week. My kill average is 3-6 but I dont die often. Im more of a stealth,lay about type. Do I need to hunt people down?

This

Ok so I started playing more team death matches. Worked a treat.

Being a much lower level than my team mates, I thought id go my own seperate way.

Was my favourite map which helped.

I hid in a cravess and picked off a sniper on the roof 4-5 times. Why did he keep going back?!?!

Will keep playing this to boost my ranking then head back to free for all.

Cheers for the tips!

Ok so I started playing more team death matches. Worked a treat.

I hid in a cravess and picked off a sniper on the roof 4-5 times. Why did he keep going back?!?!Will keep playing this to boost my ranking then head back to free for all.

Cheers for the tips!

Campers, don't you just hate em ;-)

Surprised to see him keep going back unless it's in hardcore, as he can see where the kill came from. Odd.

Team death matches are over too quickly though.

Demolition, sabotage and HQ can give you games up to 20 mins long.

I've always found Mercenary Team Deathmatch the best option to use to "warm up" on, but I'm loving playing Ground war now :D the games don't last much longer, but if you can come out of one of those with a positive k/d ratio you're doing well :D

:lol:

Ground War domination in quarry - Barfy74 stats last night kills 2 : deaths 16 :scared:

HQ for me next then :D

A full 20 min game in Crash HQ K64 : D21.

Scavenger or Marathon/SPPro/Commando Pro with the big clip a P90 gives has seen my K/D start to soar. 1.14 and rising! I'm also becoming a demon with the claymores. :)

It's the new factory map that I really struggle on. :(

Just to think, I used to have a social life. :blush::rolleyes:

what about all these extra map packages that they are releasing. Stimulus a while back and another one coming up in a few days time. Really **** that they are raping people for more money. A few hacked servers are fun, but without dedicated servers no interesting maps. Anyone bought Stimulus pack? Playing on the PC, only ever about 300 out of 30,000 ever seem to play them.

what about all these extra map packages that they are releasing. Stimulus a while back and another one coming up in a few days time. Really **** that they are raping people for more money. A few hacked servers are fun, but without dedicated servers no interesting maps. Anyone bought Stimulus pack? Playing on the PC, only ever about 300 out of 30,000 ever seem to play them.

Everyone seems to have the stimulus pack on the PS3, I'm always playing them.

Yep.

I play online everyday for a couple of hours so I get VFM. It's highly addictive and a lot of fun and $15 is nowt. I'd spend more than that on a "normal" night in a pub.

I think I'd probably agree with that too. As for the Stimulus pack, I'd say that the Bailout map is rapidly becoming my favourite overall map.

Downloaded the new maps last night after the Spain game and had a quick mooch. Trailer Park is quality if you a high speed dealer in death!

I shall be spending a good few hours playing them over the next few evenings. One thing is for sure and that is for "vacant" you need a noob tube and slight of hand!

I haven't been able to download the new map pack yet, I keep getting an error at the checkout... anyone else having this trouble?

Edit... I had to update my debit card details.

I have to say welcome back to vacant :D but I can't get to grips with Fuel yet...

Edited by Barfy